Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86
  1. #61
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,301
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Unless my memory has totally failed me, he got pulled over for drunk driving two-three years after the manslaughter incident. Perhaps I'm incorrect...
    Leonard's second incident was six years after his manslaughter conviction. And we all know about the arresting officer's mistakes on procedures as well.

    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  2. #62
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Maybe he can catch a ride with Leonard to the games.
    that is insanely funny!!!!! I must have spent the better part of an hour laughing out loud. Clearly, I must be insane.....I just thought the notion of those 2 in one vehicle is hilarious!

    Go Rams!

  3. #63
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Uh, reading iz fundamental. My point is that we need leadership on the line for the young players -- one good, not great, player isn't enough to make our D-line suddenly great -- and Johnson will not only fail to provide that, but will likely be a detriment as well. In other words, he won't help us win if he's an idiot (and there is ample evidence suggesting he's an idiot).

    Uh hello....Leadership should come from the people in those positions of leadership, you know like... coaches. Isn't that the major reason why they're hired in the first place?

    And how do you know what impact any player will have before they're given that opportunity? Do you read palms? Are you all knowing? If so we could use you in the front office?

    The truth is, you don't know squat about what kind of impact and what kind of human he would be. Because you don't know squat about who this man really is. All you know is he's made some bad decisions. Well HELLO...haven't we all?

    Bottom line is we're talking about football here, not running for president. Oh... scratch that last line if you know what I mean.

  4. #64
    Fargo Ram Fan's Avatar
    Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fargo,ND
    Age
    50
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    Ok guy, hehehe you are way to angry about this man. Now that you got all that out what was your point?? He's a moron, he has no value's, that me and him are stupid? If you gotta name call man, atleast..atleast throw in a Butt munch, a butt face, Butt Chunk (if you feel like going with a Goonies reference , or the all be it Generic Butt Head, (it would still be more characteristic than stupid..

    To the other guys
    If I put issues, than my mislead, hat to you sir.

    and other guy about him being egrogerouse?? (good word, and good point)
    Where does one begin to respond to something like this? I guess STAY IN SKUWELL is about all I have for you.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

  5. #65
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Guys, are we sure this guy won't make any bonehead mistakes or be a distraction for our team?

  6. #66
    helorm341 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ram country
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Unless my memory has totally failed me, he got pulled over for drunk driving two-three years after the manslaughter incident. Perhaps I'm incorrect...
    Well, he got pulled over but was never charged with anything

  7. #67
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    How many people in here have driven 40 in a 25 mile per hour zone? Also take in consideration he was pulled over in Arizona, and that's not the most racial friendly state. So he might not have been going fast at all, and they pulled him over on DWB (driving while Black) and for those who are not black you can not comment on this. I've been a recipient of a DWB on several occasions and they make up anything to pull you over. One instance was in Nevada, I was pulling out of a McDonalds drive thru, didn't even get 50 feet and was pulled over. The officer said I was speeding, I said are you kidding I was opening my egg McMuffin, and I just pulled out the McDonalds drive thru. She said you were speeding. I said No I wasn't I didn't even get over 20 miles per our. When she gave me the ticket she didn't even put the speed limit.

    I know for a fact she pulled me over because I was black, and had 3 other black people in the car with me. Yes Tank Johnson has some legal issues, but in this case Chicago messed up. Tank Johnson owned some guns, and all of them were legaly purchased. My next question is how many people in here own guns. It is an American right to own a gun, and there is no law as to how many guns one can own.

    I for one would not object to signing Tank.

  8. #68
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Guys, are we sure this guy won't make any bonehead mistakes or be a distraction for our team?

    I'm not sure I'll wake up tomorrow. Point is, even if he does, he won't be the first or last. So what's the problem?

    I'll tell you what, if you can name me one person on earth who hasn't made a boneheaded mistake at some point in his/her life, I'll never comment on this again.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -07-05-2007 at 08:02 PM.

  9. #69
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,301
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Yes Tank Johnson has some legal issues, but in this case Chicago messed up.
    Absolutely disagree. Chicago had Tank on a zero tolerance policy. That means ZERO. Speeding with a blood alcohol of 0.72 does not fit into the category of zero. Chicago set up requirements and were willing to take Tank back, he broke them with his behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Tank Johnson owned some guns, and all of them were legaly purchased. My next question is how many people in here own guns. It is an American right to own a gun, and there is no law as to how many guns one can own.
    He wasn't arrested for simply owning guns. He was arrested on six counts of owning weapons without the proper ID cards. That after already having been arrested on unlawful possession earlier, so how much he's learned from all this should be in serious question since he continues to make the same mistakes. He also has had previous run ins for aggrevated assault and resisting arrest. So let's not pretend that poor Tank Johnson was the victim of being arrested simply for legally owning a firearm or two.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  10. #70
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    How many people in here have driven 40 in a 25 mile per hour zone? Also take in consideration he was pulled over in Arizona, and that's not the most racial friendly state. So he might not have been going fast at all, and they pulled him over on DWB (driving while Black) and for those who are not black you can not comment on this. I've been a recipient of a DWB on several occasions and they make up anything to pull you over. One instance was in Nevada, I was pulling out of a McDonalds drive thru, didn't even get 50 feet and was pulled over. The officer said I was speeding, I said are you kidding I was opening my egg McMuffin, and I just pulled out the McDonalds drive thru. She said you were speeding. I said No I wasn't I didn't even get over 20 miles per our. When she gave me the ticket she didn't even put the speed limit.

    I know for a fact she pulled me over because I was black, and had 3 other black people in the car with me. Yes Tank Johnson has some legal issues, but in this case Chicago messed up. Tank Johnson owned some guns, and all of them were legaly purchased. My next question is how many people in here own guns. It is an American right to own a gun, and there is no law as to how many guns one can own.

    I for one would not object to signing Tank.
    I got pulled over for DWW (driving while white) I had a black cop pull me over and read me the riot act. He read my drivers licenses and saw that I was not from his part of town and told me "you thinking you can come to this part of town and drive whatever speed you wan't because you are from "" County". I said no sir I said I did not think I was speeding and he wrote me out a ticket for 75 in a 55. I asked him if I could see the radar gun and he denied me the opertunity and started giving me more lip I mean total verbal abuse. I just continued cooperating with him and tried getting him calmed down. I was looking for my insurance card and he kept shouting at me at the top of his lungs. I told him I am trying to cooperate and find my insurance which I did.
    The moral to this story is racisim has no part white or black and the more we try to bring it into things like this that we have no idea if it was even involved is rediculous. Racism will never go away when both sides keep making a big deal out of it. It will only go away when people like me and you chalk up people that are racist towards us as not the majority but as an uninformed idiot. We need to not scream about unjustice by one color to the next but look at moving forward together. I am sorry for your incident but that one person could have been a jerk black person or the person I met could have been a jerk white person. In the end the injustice was not by a white or black person but by a jerk.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -07-06-2007 at 11:41 AM.

  11. #71
    z.nrd Guest

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I got pulled over for DWW (driving while white) I had a balck cop pull me over and read me the riot act. He read my drivers licenses and saw that I was not from his part of town and told me "you thinking you can come to this part of town and drive whatever speed you wan't because you are from "" County". I said no sir I said I did not think I was speeding and he wrote me out a ticket for 75 in a 55. I asked him if I could see the radar gun and he denied me the opertunity and started giving me more lip I mean total verbal abuse. I just continued cooperating with him and tried getting him calmed down. I was looking for my insurance card and he kept shouting at me at the top of his lungs. I told him I am trying to cooperate and find my insurance which I did.
    The moral to this story is racisim has no part white or black and the more we try to bring it into things like this that we have no idea if it was even involved is rediculous. Racism will never go away when both sides keep making a big deal out of it. It will only go away when people like me and you chalk up people that are racist towards us as not the majority but as an uninformed idiot. We need to not scream about unjustice by one color to the next but look at moving forward together. I am sorry for your incident but that one person could have been a jerk black person or the person I met could have been a jerk white person. In the end the injustice was not by a white or black person but by a jerk.
    Except we know what happened to you (if it happened) is not a trend that happens to a lot of people. There's just not a huge "black cop hassles whites for just being white" trend in this country. We also know the other does happen---there's nothing rare about it. There are white cops who frequently hassle blacks just for being black. Now I don't know about you but I would like to see that end, and it won't end if everyone just dismisses it. The flat truth is, everyone realizes what happened to him is far far more common than what happened to you (if it happened)...and they all know it whether they say so. So how does denying an obvious truth eradicate racism? And the guy did not say every white was racist. But what happened to him can't go away if someone always comes along all defensive to try and dismiss it.

    I don't see how being silent about that stuff does anything but cover it over.



    * * *
    Last edited by z.nrd; -07-06-2007 at 01:32 AM.

  12. #72
    LaRamsFanLongTime's Avatar
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foothill Ranch CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Leonard HASNT done something stupid after the first time, why do people always think that?
    If I killed someone in a drunk driving accident Iwould never drink and drive again. I would think I would be done with alchahol for life. The guilt of taking someones life would not allow me to drink again. If Leanord was brought in on suspicion then guess what? He had a couple. To get behind the wheel after a couple is pretty stupid after the priors.
    Leonard's second incident was six years after his manslaughter conviction. And we all know about the arresting officer's mistakes on procedures as well.
    When are we gonna learn that when an officer makes a mistake in prcedure that does not mean the guy is innocent. OJ's case was ruined by stupid cops and prosecuters is he innocent??? Procedure or not he drank and drive after killing someone not my idea of a good man. One beer is too many if you ask me. That too me shows a lack of compassion for the terrible crime that he commited in the first place.

    Now to Tank and his problems. In CA they could have busted him for wet and reckless. That is a case where he is .05 and driving eratically. Then it is up to the judges discretion with a little help from the cops testimony to decide what you are charged with. There is people that could be .05 and are wasted. All that trouble and drinking, and then getting behind the wheel??? Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!!!!

    I see the race card has been brought up and I will call B.S!!!Maybe even #@@#@%@! B.S.. I have witnessed dicrimination being a skateboarder. I will also tell you the crap I went through for skateboarding is not half as bad as the things minorities in this country have faced from cops. Especially African American males. I have seen my friends get crap for being young black males lots of times. How about getting arrested for loitering at a mall in the suburbs. That was the worst thing I saw. I dont know if you guys go to malls in the Suburbs but 90 percent of the people there are loitering. Most people go there to hangout and window shop. With that being said this Tank Johnson crap is not racism, profiling??? Maybe, but when you get arrested on multiple occasions and serve jail time you created that profile of yourself. He made his image not the cops or courts. He has actuallty received the same leniancy in the courts that lots of repeat offender rich a-holes receive. You pay me 200,000 grand a year hell probably 100,000 grand to play ball I will never drink, smoke, fight (unless I was playing the whiners), or break laws other then maybe the occasional jay walk. This guy is a moron like all the spoiled little football brats. You have money stay at at home get a trophy wife. Hire armed security guards to stand watch. This guy did it too himself his race and color dont mean a thing in this scenario. When a cop pulls a person over that has been in the system they have full access to the car there is a reason for that. People that get locked up often times repeat the same crimes. If I got busted for guns once you could guarantee I would not do that again.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -07-06-2007 at 03:24 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

  13. #73
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    If I killed someone in a drunk driving accident Iwould never drink and drive again. I would think I would be done with alchahol for life. The guilt of taking someones life would not allow me to drink again. If Leanord was brought in on suspicion then guess what? He had a couple. To get behind the wheel after a couple is pretty stupid after the priors.


    When are we gonna learn that when an officer makes a mistake in prcedure that does not mean the guy is innocent. OJ's case was ruined by stupid cops and prosecuters is he innocent??? Procedure or not he drank and drive after killing someone not my idea of a good man. One beer is too many if you ask me. That too me shows a lack of compassion for the terrible crime that he commited in the first place.
    You know for a fact he drove his car while drunk that night? he was not charged, end of story.

  14. #74
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Uh hello....Leadership should come from the people in those positions of leadership, you know like... coaches. Isn't that the major reason why they're hired in the first place?
    You honesty think that veterans have nothing to do with team leadership? Seriously? If so, you might be the only sports fan who has never uttered the phrase "veteran leadership." I guess you don't have a problem starting all of these rookies then. Hell, let's go with a rookie QB next year. This is a losing position...you ought to just give it up right now because its ridiculous on its face.

    And how do you know what impact any player will have before they're given that opportunity? Do you read palms? Are you all knowing? If so we could use you in the front office?
    This might be even funnier. I don't KNOW. No one KNOWs. On the other hand, Tank has a pretty clear track record at this point.

    1. Gets nailed for illegal possession of firearms. Does he respond and correct course? Nope, he gets nailed for ... same basic thing.

    2. Gets out on probation and the Bears say, "Don't do anything ... zero tolerance, bub." Does he respond and correct course? Nope, he goes out and gets hammered and starts driving around.

    There is no reason to believe -- other than the fact you hope he might help our defensive line, which isn't really a reason -- that his behavior is somehow going to be different in the future.

    The truth is, you don't know squat about what kind of impact and what kind of human he would be. Because you don't know squat about who this man really is. All you know is he's made some bad decisions. Well HELLO...haven't we all?
    Before you get high-and-mighty, let's recollect that you also don't know anything about what kind of human he is (would be...isn't he a human already?). At least I'm dealing with the facts in evidence here, rather than some Dr. Panglossian alternate reality where everything is peachy keen.

    As far as making bad decisions...yeah, I have. How many of us continue to repeat those bad decisions when they threaten our lives, families, and livelihood? And let's not pretend that me getting drunk before the age of 21 is the same thing as a guy who just got out of prison and being warned to stay clean by his employer went out and did what Tank did. Those two situations are about as similar as apple butter and brad nails.

    Bottom line is we're talking about football here, not running for president. Oh... scratch that last line if you know what I mean.
    And if you were paying attention you'd recognize that I was making a football argument. I've never commented on his morals because I don't care. I think his behavior will be a detriment to the focus of the football team. Average players don't warrant those kinds of risks in my opinion.

    Now, pick yourself up off the floor because you look plain silly lying there.

  15. #75
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    that is insanely funny!!!!! I must have spent the better part of an hour laughing out loud. Clearly, I must be insane.....I just thought the notion of those 2 in one vehicle is hilarious!

    Go Rams!
    Thanks. We aim to please here at chiguy central.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RamView, 11/26/2006: Rams 20, ***** 17 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
  3. RamView, 11/5/2006: Chiefs 31, Rams 17 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
  4. Rams History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM
  5. Falcons Should Not Underestimate Rams
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •