Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76
    z.nrd Guest

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    When are we gonna learn that when an officer makes a mistake in prcedure that does not mean the guy is innocent. OJ's case was ruined by stupid cops and prosecuters is he innocent??? Procedure or not he drank and drive after killing someone not my idea of a good man. One beer is too many if you ask me. That too me shows a lack of compassion for the terrible crime that he commited in the first place.

    Now to Tank and his problems. In CA they could have busted him for wet and reckless. That is a case where he is .05 and driving eratically. Then it is up to the judges discretion with a little help from the cops testimony to decide what you are charged with. There is people that could be .05 and are wasted. All that trouble and drinking, and then getting behind the wheel??? Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!!!!

    I see the race card has been brought up and I will call B.S!!!Maybe even #@@#@%@! B.S.. I have witnessed dicrimination being a skateboarder. I will also tell you the crap I went through for skateboarding is not half as bad as the things minorities in this country have faced from cops. Especially African American males. I have seen my friends get crap for being young black males lots of times. How about getting arrested for loitering at a mall in the suburbs. That was the worst thing I saw. I dont know if you guys go to malls in the Suburbs but 90 percent of the people there are loitering. Most people go there to hangout and window shop. With that being said this Tank Johnson crap is not racism, profiling??? Maybe, but when you get arrested on multiple occasions and serve jail time you created that profile of yourself. He made his image not the cops or courts. He has actuallty received the same leniancy in the courts that lots of repeat offender rich a-holes receive. You pay me 200,000 grand a year hell probably 100,000 grand to play ball I will never drink, smoke, fight (unless I was playing the whiners), or break laws other then maybe the occasional jay walk. This guy is a moron like all the spoiled little football brats. You have money stay at at home get a trophy wife. Hire armed security guards to stand watch. This guy did it too himself his race and color dont mean a thing in this scenario. When a cop pulls a person over that has been in the system they have full access to the car there is a reason for that. People that get locked up often times repeat the same crimes. If I got busted for guns once you could guarantee I would not do that again.
    On Little. He didn't just make a mistake in procedure. The defending attornies proved he didn't KNOW the procedure...and that this was not the first time he made the same mistakes. On top of it, his partner would not back him up on the stand. They had no case.

    And the OJ trial does not prove that every person we want to believe is guilty regardless of the facts IS guilty...just cause we want to believe it.

    I agree about Johnson though.


  2. #77
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,643
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Folks, the "racism" turn this thread is taking needs to be corrected. It's safe to say we're all against "racism" (define it as you will). Discussing it here will do nothing, but get a bunch of folks mad and make for a bad day for those of us living in modville.

    Nobody likes racism. Now let's move back to Tank Johnson.

    Thanks for everyone's cooperation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #78
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,921
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This isn't a morality issue. Its an issue of simply pragmatism.

    In the absolute best case scenario, in which Tank Johnson has learned his lesson and leads a squeaky clean life from this point forward, he's still not available for half of the upcoming season.

    Why would anybody want to sign a player who is (1) good, but certainly not great, (2) unavailable for the first 8 games, and (3) based upon recent behavior, at least a risk to create problems in the future?

    Honestly, don't we have higher standards than that?
    This post pretty much says it all for me ... Hopefully Linny and crew see it the same way ...

  4. #79
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,458
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Tank is just too large to be walking the tightrope of expectations (a rather silly sight too).


    Yes, big TJ would be "a good fit" with the Rams DT needs, these are still present...BUT...thanks to his a) off-field issues, likely to continue; b) e-i-g-h-t game suspension, count them, eight; and c) the Rams not being a Reform School for 2007, then, no, I'm not looking forward to adding him to our lineup this year.

    Thanks but no, thanks. I think we can do better.

    Heee, hee, hee. Yes, we have 'higher standards than that'. And Maui, I agree: I too hope Coach and crew see it the same way.

  5. #80
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    You honesty think that veterans have nothing to do with team leadership? Seriously? If so, you might be the only sports fan who has never uttered the phrase "veteran leadership." I guess you don't have a problem starting all of these rookies then. Hell, let's go with a rookie QB next year. This is a losing position...you ought to just give it up right now because its ridiculous on its face.

    FORTUNINERHATER
    Did I honestly say veterans have nothing to do with team leadership? Next question.


    CHIGUY
    This might be even funnier. I don't KNOW. No one KNOWs. On the other hand, Tank has a pretty clear track record at this point.

    1. Gets nailed for illegal possession of firearms. Does he respond and correct course? Nope, he gets nailed for ... same basic thing.

    2. Gets out on probation and the Bears say, "Don't do anything ... zero tolerance, bub." Does he respond and correct course? Nope, he goes out and gets hammered and starts driving around.

    There is no reason to believe -- other than the fact you hope he might help our defensive line, which isn't really a reason -- that his behavior is somehow going to be different in the future.



    FORTUNINERHATER
    My point exactly
    Was there reason to believe Leonard Little was going to be different in the future? Or are you just one of those hypocrites that cheer him on Sundays?


    CHIGUY
    Before you get high-and-mighty, let's recollect that you also don't know anything about what kind of human he is (would be...isn't he a human already?). At least I'm dealing with the facts in evidence here, rather than some Dr. Panglossian alternate reality where everything is peachy keen.

    As far as making bad decisions...yeah, I have. How many of us continue to repeat those bad decisions when they threaten our lives, families, and livelihood? And let's not pretend that me getting drunk before the age of 21 is the same thing as a guy who just got out of prison and being warned to stay clean by his employer went out and did what Tank did. Those two situations are about as similar as apple butter and brad nails.


    FORTUNINERHATER
    High and mighty? I believe it was you passing judgement on people you don't know personally. And that my friend, is "High and Mighty". Like I've stated before, you don't know squat about who Tank Johnson is. So don't pretend you do.

    Dude seriously, I didn't even know you got drunk before the age of 21. Tell me you're kidding...Oh MY GOD...you're serious. Let's hope that doesn't come back to haunt you.

    And no everything is not "peechy keen", nor did I suggest it was. But it isn't the end of the world either. Or is it? Maybe it is...


    CHIGUY
    And if you were paying attention you'd recognize that I was making a football argument. I've never commented on his morals because I don't care. I think his behavior will be a detriment to the focus of the football team. Average players don't warrant those kinds of risks in my opinion.



    FORTUNINERHATER
    If you're making a football arguement, why is it that his off the "FOOTBALL" field issues dominate your arguement? You say you don't care about his morals and that you've never commented on them. Well my friend, you're either a liar or a hypocrite or both. Which do you prefer? Dude, your entire arguement is about his morals (seemingly repeated bad off the field decisions). Otherwise, I assume you wouldn't mind having another pretty good DT on this team. And I wouldn't be responding to your posts. Am I right? Yes, no, maybe so?



    CHIGUY
    Now, pick yourself up off the floor because you look plain silly lying there.


    FORTUNINERHATER
    Was that supposed to be a knockout punch? If so you need to hit the weight room fly-weight. It takes far more than a couple of weak, hypocritical, posts to knock me off my feet. But you hang in there ok shorty.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -07-06-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  6. #81
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    FORTUNINERHATER
    Was that supposed to be a knockout punch? If so you need to hit the weight room fly-weight. It takes far more than a couple of weak, hypocritical, posts to knock me off my feet. But you hang in there ok shorty.
    We can start with the fact that you don't know why hypocrisy is if you'd like to see that you've been knocked out chief. Just because you're too oblique to know you've been knocked out doesn't mean it ain't true.

    I don't know whether you're being purposely obtuse or you just don't get the argument I'm making because its just too hard for you, but either way your replies are a series of non-sequitors that aren't even reasonable points in a stand alone bout.

  7. #82
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    We can start with the fact that you don't know why hypocrisy is if you'd like to see that you've been knocked out chief. Just because you're too oblique to know you've been knocked out doesn't mean it ain't true.

    I don't know whether you're being purposely obtuse or you just don't get the argument I'm making because its just too hard for you, but either way your replies are a series of non-sequitors that aren't even reasonable points in a stand alone bout.

    Is that obtuse meaning an angle greater than 180 degrees? Hmmm... What does this have to do with geometry? Oh...oh well.

    I guess you went over my head again shawty.

  8. #83
    bigtiger737's Avatar
    bigtiger737 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
    Age
    36
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Where does one begin to respond to something like this? I guess STAY IN SKUWELL is about all I have for you.
    See there we go, that's original, witty, that's all I ask for man. Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #84
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,643
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Okay.....everyone take a breather. In with the good air, out with the bad. It's getting a little too tense in here, so maybe we can dial it down just a little. Thanks, fellas.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #85
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,674
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    When are we gonna learn that when an officer makes a mistake in prcedure that does not mean the guy is innocent.
    It certainly doesn't mean he's guilty, either. Based on everything that came out during the trial, it was made pretty clear that the arresting officer didn't just make one small mistake but made multiple fundamental errors in the testing methods, so much so that even his own partner couldn't defend him.

    If your standard is that Little shouldn't even have one drink, that's one thing. I can't necessarily say I would disagree with that. But when we're talking about guilt and innocence for the charges brought against him, there's certainly enough there to raise a significant amount of doubt because, yes, officers making mistakes and not doing what they are supposed to be doing isn't fair to those they're testing and citing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  11. #86
    LaRamsFanLongTime's Avatar
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foothill Ranch CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

    You know for a fact he drove his car while drunk that night?
    I do not think I said that once. I said a man that has been busted before should take extra precautions to stay away from incidents like that in the future.

    It certainly doesn't mean he's guilty, either. Based on everything that came out during the trial, it was made pretty clear that the arresting officer didn't just make one small mistake but made multiple fundamental errors in the testing methods, so much so that even his own partner couldn't defend him.

    If your standard is that Little shouldn't even have one drink, that's one thing. I can't necessarily say I would disagree with that. But when we're talking about guilt and innocence for the charges brought against him, there's certainly enough there to raise a significant amount of doubt because, yes, officers making mistakes and not doing what they are supposed to be doing isn't fair to those they're testing and citing.

    Absolutely agree that many innocent people have been charged because of officers mistakes. I have had a love hate relationships with police my whole life. I do agree that Little may have just had a couple and was under the legal limit but why risk it? He has enough money to get a cab. After what he already been through in life I would think he would avoid booze.

    Tank to me was another example of someone that could not figure out that his life should be easy, he made it to the NFL. I dont know if a man who refused to listen to the orginization that defended him and helped him deserves another chance. He should have been begging for forgiveness and just hitting the gym everyday to stay in peek condition. He slapped Lovie and the bears in the face, Lovie dont like being slapped.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. RamView, 11/26/2006: Rams 20, ***** 17 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
  3. RamView, 11/5/2006: Chiefs 31, Rams 17 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
  4. Rams History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM
  5. Falcons Should Not Underestimate Rams
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •