Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By Fargo Ram Fan

Thread: The Rams issues are Easy to see imo

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

The Rams issues are Easy to see imo

Rush offense: 30th / 32 teams

Rush defense: 28th / 32 teams

Your offense and defense has no chance to succeed when you cant run the ball or stop the run. The hard part is figuring out how to fix that.

Yes the pass offense and defense could be better, but better rush offense and defense can help both of those succeed better.

I know its popular to bash Bradford recently, but the facts are he could be playing much, much worse considering the zero run game. Hes only throwing a pic every 46 attempts. Thats pretty good. Hes not turning the ball over. He just needs a better running game so he can get rid of the ball quicker on 3rd and short instead of getting hit early or taking sacks.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams issues are Easy to see imo

Hope we get Jo-Lonn Dunbar back by week's end, he brought tenacity to this defense. I liked Witherspoon back in the ole' days but his age isn't going to cut it as a starter. Thank goodness we're facing Jacksonville next Sunday.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    I know its popular to bash Bradford recently, but the facts are he could be playing much, much worse considering the zero run game. Hes only throwing a pic every 46 attempts. Thats pretty good. Hes not turning the ball over. He just needs a better running game so he can get rid of the ball quicker on 3rd and short instead of getting hit early or taking sacks.
    I'm a vocal Bradford supporter/defender, but he was horrible last night. Possibly the worst game he's ever played as a Ram. Yes the running game was garbage, but Sam had more than a few opportunities to scan the field, and he missed most of those opportunities. I'm not sure why, but he was forcing almost everything with throws into tight coverage, and is lucky he didn't have multiple interceptions, really lucky. Many of his throws were way off target, especially the sure TD that never got to Pettis. I'm not certain who screwed up on that play, but Bradford's body language told me it was him. And if I'm not mistaken, Sam coughed up the ball on a strip that was recovered by the whiners, in addition to the game changing interception in the end zone. He really disappointed me.

That said, I still think he's special, and I think he'll bounce back. And I agree that he needs some semblance of a running game to get the offense were it needs to be.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    Thank goodness we're facing Jacksonville next Sunday.
    And the Jaguars are saying "thank goodness we're facing the Rams next Sunday"...

kman is offline Registered User

it is scary how bad our run defense is..i could have gotten 100 yards last nite, the holes were huge, you can see unfold before the rb gets out of the backfield

im a big Bradford supporter as well, but last night, maaaan, I dunno, it makes me reevaluate my feelings about him, and ive seen him play badly before..this was ridiculous..that missed td to pettis in 1st qurter was unbelievably bad, his throw would have been a throw one of us clowns would have made off the street, not by a pro QB..he put no air under the ball, but on that pick he throws a moonball, giving the dafety time to get the pick

citr92 is offline Registered User

bradford didn't help the team last night....but the team didn't help him either

can't evaluate bradford properly from last night, since he has done well against atlanta and arizona...

if he stinks it up while the team is doing well THEN something is wrong...but it's never been that way

I hear ya, and im not giving up on him, but I don't know what it was about last nites game, but for th first time ever I questioned to myself if he can truly be a really good qb..first time ever, and ive seen some doozies from him before..just sayin..he should have been picked 3 or 4 times last night..

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

When your a head coach of an NFL team, you bring in your own coaching staff. That means your name and reputation as a head coach is on the line not to mention your career. I wanted Lovie Smith as the Rams DC when the Rams went shopping for one. Personally, I honestly think Fisher is staying awake at night worrying he has this season and maybe next season, before he his dusting off his resume looking for a new home

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Thank goodness we're facing Jacksonville next Sunday.
    Why, you got MJD on your fantasy roster??
    Yodude and RockinRam like this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana