Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Rams' Janoris Jenkins in contract dispute over the rookie's financial advisory

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Janoris Jenkins in contract dispute over the rookie's financial advisory

I think this story is being blown up more than its worth. I think it will work out

However, I in no way have the rams side on this. There is no way you should force him an advisor. I like how you guys think the Ram did nothing wrong, because they were just looking out. Actually, he is an adult let him make his own choices. If you are going to make him choose a certain advisor, then you better pay for it. I could only imagine how Jenkins feels about this, I would be kind of pissed. I hope the Rams help pay for it, so Jenkins doesn't hold any issues over us and is ready to play. Because trust me, this issue can keep getting worse, and if it does I doubt Jenkins next contract will be with us.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Janoris Jenkins in contract dispute over the rookie's financial advisory

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    NJRamsfan: I don't like the pick

Others: Are you crazy?? He's a 1st round talent!!

NJ: Yes, but you don't sacrifice your principles to field a winner

Others: Yes, but there's tremendous upside...

NJ: Yes, but these things never end well, and when you're a bad football team...

Others: Hey, EVERYBODY has smoked weed- and he's taking responsibility for the 4 kids he's had with 3 different women before his 22nd birthday...

NJ: Like I said, he's gonna' be more trouble than he's worth

Others: You're wrong- What did Spags' "choir boy" approach get us? Down with character! Down with the four pillars! These are the NEW Rams!
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME NJ's OPINION ON THIS PICK? I CAN'T FIND AN EXAMPLE ANYWHERE!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The interesting situation for seeing peoples reactions will be if Jenkins plays amazing for two or three seasons, makes a couple of Pro Bowls, and then gets arrested or something comes up with his kids.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The interesting situation for seeing peoples reactions will be if Jenkins plays amazing for two or three seasons, makes a couple of Pro Bowls, and then gets arrested or something comes up with his kids.
    It's interesting to see the reaction when he does nothing but try and get his personal financing in order. It's not like he was arrested for driving drunk and blew a blew a .24 blood alcohol level.

We should have moved up in the draft used one of our second round picks. We could have got Blackmon, that way we would not have to worry about this ticking time bomb, cuz it would have already went off.
    THOLTFAN81 and RuffRams like this.

I agree Rambos, I like how everyone is jumping on him already. Except he has done nothing wrong except stick up for himself. Because the Rams tried to force him to do something. Jenkins did nothing wrong, so I don't understand why people are jumping on him in this thread saying we shouldn't have drafted him. This has nothing to do with that.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I don't quite get this entire issue. It's my understanding that when Jenkins was drafted, it was with the condition that Fisher/Snead would be monitoring him by setting him up with people to help him manage his life. It wasn't an issue then; but now when contract talks begin it's a different story. It's only logical that management, as a condition of vesting millions into his selection, get to choose these advisors. This is a situation in which a player with past issues (rightly) concern the organization and they want to protect their investment.

Of course leave it to the players union- the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet- to cry foul, complain it's against their agreement and defy common sense by making an issue of it.
    VegasRam likes this.

Well NJRamsfan here is the deal.

-Jenkins didn't know that the Rams couldn't specify a certain advisor, so he agreed.
    -NFLPA says Rams couldn't do that.
    -So now Jenkins wants to pick his own advisor.
    -The Rams can make it right by paying the advisor they choose instead of making Jenkins pay.

In this case I don't really see fault in either Jenkins or Rams. However, if the Rams still insist Jenkins hire their chosen advisor and the Rams won't pay for him. Then I was alluding to how I am actually on Jenkins side rather than Rams. Of course Rams have the right to protect their investment, but they don't have the right to pick which manager manages him if they aren't willing to pay for him. Its plain and simple in my eyes.

However, I do agree, The players union does suck.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Whether the Players Union sucks or not, whether they're hypocrites or not, whether they're completely incompetent or not, whether you hold them to the highest level of disdain possible or not, is all completely irrelevant in this case.

This is about the Rams organization overstepping their bounds. PERIOD.........nothing more and nothing less.
    GROUND DOG 39 and RuffRams like this.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Can't we just have our cake and eat it too?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Of course leave it to the players union- the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet- to cry foul, complain it's against their agreement and defy common sense by making an issue of it.
    From wikipedia which summarizes the opening to the NFLPA Constitution:

The National Football League Players Association, or NFLPA, is the labor organization for the professional football players in the National Football League (NFL). The responsibility of the organization is to represent all players in matters concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to protect players' rights as professional athletes, and to ensure the terms of a collective bargaining agreement are met. Additionally, the organization negotiates and monitors retirement and insurance benefits, provides assistance to charitable and community organizations, and enhances and defends the image of players and their profession on and off the field.

Hmmm...I don't know - maybe, just maybe, it is some of the NFL Fans that are the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Wrong. Unions are all about one thing and one thing only: protecting its membership. They could CARE LESS about doing the right thing. If they can do the right thing AND protect their membership, then they'll do it. Otherwise, they have no interest. I know of where I speak- I am in the NJ teachers' union- one which we pretty much have to join upon being hired in the profession. But I dislike a lot of what they preach. Unions today are a far cry from what they were originally intended to be- honest groups designed to protect workers from deplorable wages and working conditions.

Any organization that will cry about player safety, cry that the league isn't doing enough to support ex players yet actively participate in a bounty system that could potentially injures its own players AND then bellyache about punishment for its offenders is indeed hypocritical. Any organization that will decry drug use then vehemently oppose efforts at drug testing its members (MLB players union) is hypocritical. Unions are not honorable entities.

Bottom line is that it is pathetic that Rams management has to deal with this at all. You reap what you sew.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -07-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ha! "JJ" and "dispute" ("off to a rocky start", etc.) in the same sentence, paragraph or article ... sure to be an attention grabber!

As OG said, this will work out sooner or later. But I hope this will NOT be the first in a series of league / player / team issues with this rookie.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-06-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Speleen

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    No grown man wants to feel like he's being baby sat, no matter what his issues are.
    This particular statement, while true, has me worried. Does JJ qualify as a "grown man"? I hope so!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Maybe i have just read the article wrong, but where did it say that Jenkins' four kids and baby mamas are a distraction? To me the article says Jenkins has a financial advisor, it's just not the expensive financial advisor that Jeff Fisher would like him to have.
    Correct, hawk. And why does he need a financial advisor? The article answered that one....
    During April's NFL draft, Fisher made Jenkins' agent, Malik Shareef, promise that Jenkins would hire a business manager to help Jenkins navigate his personal issues, which include fathering four children with three women. There is a fourth woman who is claiming she has another child with Jenkins.
    And before I get lumped in with the "Jenkins is a mistake" crowd, that's not what I'm saying. I'm very excited to see this kid play. I'm glad we drafted him. All I'm saying now, just as I was saying then, is that the financial side of his life will be a distraction. And I am/was correct.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Maybe Jenkins will be treated like a grown man when he acts like one.