Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams Jerseys

AlphaRam Guest

Rams Jerseys

After many years of buying various jerseys of Rams players, I find I have many in my closet that don't play for us anymore. I even have a Lawrence Phillips jersey - if you can believe that!

What is your take on buying jerseys of specific players? What makes you decide on what jersey to buy?

Personally, I have decided to only get great players from the past or jerseys that have my name on the back.

99StLouisRams Guest

Re: Rams Jerseys

I first started out buying the 'big' name positions (Warner, Jackson, Holt) but now i prefer to go with a player that i like. My latest being Laurinaitis. I'm yet to invest in a jersey that has my name on it. I did recieve a nice Dickerson throwback this year as a very pleasant xmas gift.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I, too, have only jerseys of specific guys who have special personal meaning: Youngblood, Cromwell, Dickerson, Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce and Proehl. A guy like Laurinaitis has potential but I'm unwilling to buy one for him just yet.

I've always felt buying one with your own name on it is cheesy, though I realize some completely disagree.

My wish list? A Vince Ferragamo jersey.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I was just pondering my luck with jerseys when I received a new Steven Jackson road jersey in the mail, a day after he was accused of being a pregnant woman beater. Yikes! That follows the pattern of getting a Warner jersey, only to have him booted off the team, a Bruce jersey, only to have him banished to the whiners, a Tye Hill jersey, only to have him bust out to Atlanta.......

I'm thinkin' throwbacks are the only way to go these days. I guess Warner retiring means I can once again wear his jersey without any strings attached.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I only purchase jerseys from very special Ram players. Youngblood, Slater, Warner, Bruce, Faulk are in my collection. Thought about Holt but he did not make my cut. SJ39, not there yet, most likely will not own his. Merlin and Deacon are on my wish list. I do not see anybody on current roster that is or will be worth owning but I would love to be proved wrong.

jkramsfan Guest

can't go wrong with a throwback jersey, those guys have already proven themselves and those colors are nicer anyways.

99StLouisRams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    can't go wrong with a throwback jersey, those guys have already proven themselves and those colors are nicer anyways.
    I've always loved the throwback colors, they look fantastic. Now, a throwback jersey with my name on it........... how could you say no that

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I pretty much have all the GSOT player's jerseys from '99-'01, however, those ones don't fit me anymore. Its kind of fitting I guess. Anywho to answer the question, I just buy the jerseys of the players I like. The ones I currently have hanging in the closet are:

-Reebok Replica white Long
    -Reebok Replica navy Jackson
    -Replica white/yellow Dickerson
    -Replica blue/yellow Youngblood
    -Replica white/blue Deacon Jones (my favorite, its the rare one with long sleeves)

Next up, I want the white/yellow Faulk SuperBowl replica.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -01-30-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Trevor is offline Registered User

only buy jerseys from players I like, My very first rams jersey was Torry Holt.

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I pretty much have all the GSOT player's jerseys from '99-'01, however, those ones don't fit me anymore. Its kind of fitting I guess. Anywho to answer the question, I just buy the jerseys of the players I like. The ones I currently have hanging in the closet are:

-Reebok Replica white Long
    -Reebok Replica navy Jackson
    -Replica white/yellow Dickerson
    -Replica blue/yellow Youngblood
    -Replica white/blue Deacon Jones (my favorite, its the rare one with long sleeves)

Next up, I want the white/yellow Faulk SuperBowl replica.

I found a Faulk sewn onletters/numbers SB34jersey that I found on eBay fairly cheap last year.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I, too, have only jerseys of specific guys who have special personal meaning: Youngblood, Cromwell, Dickerson, Warner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce and Proehl. A guy like Laurinaitis has potential but I'm unwilling to buy one for him just yet.

I've always felt buying one with your own name on it is cheesy, though I realize some completely disagree.

My wish list? A Vince Ferragamo jersey.
    I'm one of those fans that never buys a jersey with a players name on it. All of my jerseys have one number on it. My favorite: #13. None of my jerseys have a name on the back other than mine. It's my jersey, why would I want the name of another man on my back?

I just don't like having someone else's name on my back. To me, it's like I'm idolizing that player, and I've never idolized any player. I respect their ability, and I enjoy the talents they display on the field, but with the attitudes and off-field behavior of today's athletes? Not in my lifetime. Safer to just put my name on the back. Besides, in the sports world today, you never know how long you can keep that jersey because it'll probably last longer than the name of the guy on the back. Nothing dumber looking this year than a Rams jersey on a fan with the name Holt, Warner, or Bruce, to me. Now that's cheesy. Those guys were playing for other teams!

No, I wear a Rams jersey to display what team I root for.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

THEFIELDGOAL Guest

The last couple years it's been difficult to even invest in a jersey. The revolving door and the horrible outcomes of the past seasons has killed the need. I am with the majority. I too only collect the throwback jerseys. The honor and prestige and the memories is what make me get a vintage jersey. The players have given us joy and good times. And it is an awesome feeling to remember the glory years.
    I own a Deacon Jones jersey. And every time people come over it is exciting how they know who he is and what he stood for.
    The Rams have always had great players on every level and in the record books.
    So no matter what the throwbacks are cherish memories.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I try to buy jerseys of only my favorite players and those that I believe will become elite players. I would love to have a blue and white Deacon Jones jersey that would be totally awesome.

maldoman Guest

Waited 10 years to get this customized royal blue throwback jersey. Finally I had a custom made #40 CRAZYLEGS ordered in 09. Best dam looking Jersey at the super bowl party. It was clear to everyone, I was the real deal Die Hard fan. This was the best and favorite addition to my R.Gabriel, D. Jones, J. Yongblood, E. Dickerson, M. Faulk, K. Warner throwback Collection. When times get bad I can allways look back at the great ones.

Rams Jerseys-crazylegs.jpg
    Last edited by maldoman; -02-10-2010 at 01:49 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I want to get a Rams jersey with #4 Favre
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast