Re: RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition. Part I - IV

Here's No. 8, Gus Ornstein

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptalianstallion View Post
    Here's No. 8, Gus Ornstein

Ornstein was around Rams camp during the 1999 pre-season but was released before the regular season began, i.e., he didn't get to play. "The List" I have going is for players that got to taste the turf during at least one regular season game.

Thanks Flip!

Volney "Skeet" Quinlan, a shifty RB played for the Rams from 1952-55, then returned to play a couple more games with the Rams in '56 before retiring. Q ran for over 1,500 yards with the Rams with 9 TDs and over 1,100 yards receiving with 6 aerial TDs. Pro Bowl, 1954. No. 21.

After winning the NFL Championship in 1951 the Rams still had several winning seasons.

Below, Skeet rushing around left end and -- next pic -- pass protecting in the pocket. Notice here that he and QB Van Brocklin are wearing the clear plastic face mask in front of mouth; this was used sporadically in the early to mid fifties before the solid bars became more widely used to protect face, jaw, nose and teeth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-volney-quinlan-ca.-1954.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-norm-van-brocklin-ca.-1955a.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-02-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Attachment

Just a few years ago Laurent Robinson was a Rams receiver project. Robinson came in 2009 and played in September but broke his fibula and was done for the remainder of the season. Played inconsistently in 2010 (a bad offense was part of the reason) and was released during the off-season.

- - "I'm jersey No. 11".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-laurent-robinson2.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-laurent-robinson3.jpg  

The dramatic image above represents one of the Rams most defining moments of destiny. QB Trent Green goes down badly injured in an exhibition game of 1999 -- out for the season. Everyone was mortified, teammates and coaches; the fans! ...No. 10 was such a living hope that year for the Rams.

-

And the rest is history. A happy history at that ... at least for the Rams. But Green also went on to play well as a starter in KC several years.

Trent Green played in STL in 2000 throwing for 2,000 yards, 16 TDs, and 5 picks. Gone after that, TG returned with the Rams in 2008 to play a few games (wore No. 12 then) before retiring and becoming an NFLN analyst for a while.

Kicker Josh Brown, with No. 3.

-

Brown played for the Rams four years, 2008-11. JB made 104 FGs with the Rams out of 127 attempts (82%); totalled 391 points.

From 1965 to '72, CB Clancy Williams played his entire NFL career with the L.A. Rams, 88 games in all. CW totalled 28 INTs for 428 yards returned and 2 TDs, including one for 65. Had jersey No. 24.

- -

A CORDIAL INVITATION.

I'm currently on the last few players to post in this series of Rams Jerseys Remembered: All-time, 2012 Edition. I'd like to invite anyone to post a player in any of the four parts (PT I: 0-25; PT II: 26-50; PT III: 51-75; PT IV: 76-99).

For example, here in Part I ... if someone would like to place one of our heroes, Kurt Warner? A little about his tenure with the Rams, a stat or two and a couple of images.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! Thanks ClanRam!

BTW, stats and/or other data for Rams players that I've mentioned in these four threads are mainly from:

* . Databasefootball.com, or,
    * . Pro-Football Reference.com, or,
    * . STL Rams Official Website.com, or,
    * . Wikipedia

Images are from the Internet and from "my" Rams items collection.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-05-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Databasefootball.com

Richie Petitbon, a Rams Safety in 1969-70 wore jersey No. 17. After his tenure with the Rams, RP followed HC George Allen to the Redskins and played there two more seasons to complete his 14 year NFL career.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-richie-petitbon2.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-richie-petitbon1.jpg  

-

Devin Bush was a FS for the Rams, a starter in 1999 (including SB XXXIV) and 2000. No.23.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-devin-bush1.jpg  

Still fresh is the success Janoris Jenkins had last year as part of the Rams secondary after many of us were apprehensive and unsure of how this 2nd round Draft pick would work out on and off the field.

JJ had No. 21 and he had a blast! NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Wk 12). So far, so good!

In week 12 Jenkins became the first Ram to return two INTs for touchdowns. All the best to JJ to continue his development as a player, supporting the Rams defense, and succeeding as a man as well. ...So much ahead of him in terms of opportunities!

Clic on images below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-janoris-jenkins.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-janoris-jenkins1.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-janoris-jenkins1a.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-janoris-jenkins1b.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-janoris-jenkins2.jpg  

Last edited by RealRam; -07-07-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Vs. Redskins

WR Keenan Burton, here today (2008), gone tomorrow ('09). Such a long time ago.

Burton played for the Rams those two years for a total of 38 passes caught, 425 yards, 1 TD. He was injured in mid November of 2009 (was the Rams leading receiver at that point), a knee injury that put him out of commission for the rest of the season. Good player / leader; perhaps to make a comeback? I don't believe so.

KB had No. 14. - - -

With jersey No. 10 from 2000-09 the Rams had QB Marc Bulger. Bulger did not play in '00 and did not get a real starting opportunity until replacement QB Jamie Martin was injured in 2002.

From there on, Bulger had flashes of success (e.g., in 2006 MB became the fastest QB to reach 1,000 completions in NFL history) marred by rashes of injuries and inconsistency -- partly due to a questionable Rams OL.

Pro Bowl in 2002 and '04. By 2007 Bulger received a large multi million dollar contract before the season began but was injured on and off that year. In 2008 he ended the season with more INTs than TDs.

Perhaps an excellent example of 'what could have been'. Clic on images below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-marc-bulger2.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-marc-bulger3.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-marc-bulger4.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-marc-bulger1.jpg  

Sam Bradford, Rams 1st round NFL Draft pick (1st overall) in 2010. This is your time Sammyeeeee!

- -

Below, this is the laser / fire in Bradford's eyes we'll need to see from No. 8 from here on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-sam-bradford-2.jpg   RAMS JERSEYS REMEMBERED, All-time: 2012 edition.  Part I of IV-sam-bradford-3.jpg  

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast