Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Rams LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended four games for violating PEDs policy

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended four games for violating PEDs policy

agh, c'mon dunbar!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I believe in 2nd chances and I really do want to believe his story, but the fact is we've been lied to so often by athletes- especially baseball players- claiming "accidental" use or outright denials of wrongdoing that I'm not inclined to believe anyone. That's what we face today as fans of professional sports. Every guy in the league is given a comprehensive list of what's legal and what isn't, and it's their responsibility to know which is which. And taking stuff "to provide for your family" ... the ends don't justify the means. If you can't do it legally and honorably, then find another profession.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    WHAT!!! ...I can't believe it!

Good grief! Either something is wrong with the NFL's test practices for PEDs or some people are just too ... **SIGH** Caramba.

But yes, thank goodness for our trusty Spoon, he'll take charge of the situation. Probably the silver lining here.
    To reiterate, this is 'caramba' unbelievable!

Something is just too extreme here: either the players' foolishness or the NFL's testing methods. How is it possible that with all the PED stories going on today in sports, there are still those willing to take the risk!?! Unless Dunbar is another one of those 'smart' football players but not-so-smart athletes.

It doesn't make sense. With all the positive outlook the Rams have going into 2013 (defense included of course), NOBODY should be taking anything "accidentally"!

I totally agree with Citr92: Agh, c'mon Dunbar!

Last edited by RealRam; -08-15-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: NJ1

citr92 is offline Registered User

especially since i never saw dunbar as the...doping type.....

not sure what he used, but i will say it doesn't appear to be too horrible, but enhancing nonetheless

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

What a bell end.

Dunbar was turning into one of my favorite players on D# His hard nosed aggression and smack was a very welcome addition to the squad.

Live and learn.

Head down, stay strong, do your 'bird' and come back and play like you mean it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Jo-Lonn "DONE"bar....UGH!!!!
    citr92 likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

A breakout player who's performance dramatically increases and people are shocked he's caught with performance enhancing drugs in his system. Shocking. He's in a contract year and if he played like he did last year he was going to sign a major contract somewhere to end his career.

The Spoon signing wasn't an accident. If like previous announcements, the Rams likely knew about it 2 months ago.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -08-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Rams LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar suspended four games for violating PEDs policy

I am one that is to the point where I'm fed up with this PED thing and I'd like to see them suspend ANY offender for an entire season w/o pay. The excuses like the one Dumb-bar stated, are not acceptable.

Enough of this nonsense.
    RealRam likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    A breakout player who's performance dramatically increases and people are shocked he's caught with performance enhancing drugs in his system.
    I don't see shock that Dunbar was caught, or that he used PED's, but rather disappointment and anger that a starting LB is going to miss a quarter of the season, most likely because of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I am one that is to the point where I'm fed up with this PED thing and I'd like to see them suspend ANY offender for an entire season w/o pay. The excuses like the one Dumb-bar stated, are not acceptable.

Enough of this nonsense.
    I completely agree. If the NFL really wants to stop this, the penalty should be a years suspension, without pay, leading to a lifetime ban for repeat offences. These slaps on the wrist are almost an invitation to try and game the system.
    RealRam and citr92 like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I completely agree. If the NFL really wants to stop this, the penalty should be a years suspension, without pay, leading to a lifetime ban for repeat offences. These slaps on the wrist are almost an invitation to try and game the system.
    Well, at least the NFL has addressed the issue and has some form of punishment in place. I do not know for certain but my guess would be that the program in place is part of the CBA. If so, I would think changes in the likes that you suggest would have to be negotiated. Would the owners even want those types of changes and punishments? Just my opinion but it seems like this is becoming the dirty little secret of professional sports these days. And who knows how far this trickles down i.e. college and high school.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    Well, at least the NFL has addressed the issue and has some form of punishment in place.
    I guess something is better than nothing, but not by much. IMO, it's still basically a token gesture so they can say, "See, we're doing something".

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

I guess something is better than nothing, but not by much. IMO, it's still basically a token gesture so they can say, "See, we're doing something".
    Yes I agree it really seems that way. But do the owners really want more than a token gesture? I suspect that if a player can get away with it and perform at high level then most owners are fine with never knowing the truth.

The question I always wonder about:

Is it just a few players that are using and getting caught or are there a lot of players using and a few that are getting caught. I'd like to think its the former but I strongly suspect its the latter.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Is it just a few players that are using and getting caught or are there a lot of players using and a few that are getting caught. I'd like to think its the former but I strongly suspect its the latter.
    Probably the latter .. Regrettably,the death penalty (as in no more football career) for getting caught, is probably the only way to put an end to the rampant use of PEDs. We are talking about a very large amount of money just for guys that survive the final cut, let alone actual starters. The whole PED scenario has spiraled into a vicious cycle .. I am inclined to agree with your postulation that certain owners may be happy (some perhaps even more than happy) with a token gesture as opposed to a devastating penalty with real teeth.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

He'll probably end up losing the starting job if his production drops off post-PED meds.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I'm sure it's the latter. Does anyone really think college kids are voluntarily not taking PEDs?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I am gonna go into conspiracy mode with this:

If you play for a team the league wants to remain "a draw" to the sport, you don't "get caught". If you play for a team the league prefers to be a "W" for the previously mentioned, you get caught.

Does anyone really believe the cheatriots have not had a significant player using PED? I cannot remember hearing any cheatroit player getting popped for that. Same with the 49whiners, donkeys, Packers, etc. I really find it hard to believe that only the "lesser" teams' players have this problem. Especially since it is easier to make the squad for the "lesser" teams.

gap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast