Friday, May 13, 2005

By Aaron Staenberg

St. Louis Rams’ strength and conditioning coach Dana LeDuc was honored over the weekend by being inducted into the Tacoma-Pierce County (WA) Hall of Fame.

On May 7 at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA, LeDuc was one of 175 inductees into this prestigious club. The Hall of Fame was started in 1957 and kept adding student-athletes until 1972, when the Tacoma Athletic Commission stopped honoring local athletes. The 2005 class of inductees were student-athletes spanning from 1973 until the present.

“It was a very humbling experience to be mentioned in the same group as some of the all-time greats,” said LeDuc, who joined baseball player Ron Cey, swimmer Janet (Buchan) Elway, bowler Earl Anthony, football player Ahmad Rashad, and many others among the class of 2005 honorees. “It was just as humbling as can be.”

The Tacoma-Pierce County Sports Hall of Fame was created by longtime sportscaster, sportswriter, and radio station owner Clay Huntington, who encouraged the Tacoma Athletic Commission to recognize the community’s great sports stars for their athletic achievements over the years.

“I ran into neighbors I knew growing up and I got to see lots of people I hadn’t seen in a long time,” said LeDuc, who will enter his seventh season with the Rams and his 11th NFL season in 2005. “It was lots of f