RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams look at Concordia for camp

Cherome Owens
    Issue date: 5/7/08

The St. Louis Rams have limited its potential summer training sites to UW-Whitewater and Concordia University in Mequon. However, campus Athletic Director Paul Plinske said the Rams are leaning toward Concordia.

"I have not heard a word from them in about three weeks," Plinske said. "Everything right now is just speculation on whether or not we're still in the mix as a potential site for their preseason training camp or as a backup plan to their efforts in negotiating with Concordia University."

Concordia's Athletic Director Rob Barnhill said the Rams were impressed with their training areas during the team's visit. Similar to UW-Whitewater, Concordia has made several upgrades to its campus facilities in previous years to increase the Rams' interest.

"We have a lot of really neat amenities here that would make us an attractive training facility," Barnhill said. "We have a brand new air-conditioned resident hall that sits right on Lake Michigan. We have two synthetic turf fields, as well as grass practice space."

Allen Prochnow, vice president of finance and administration at Concordia, said the Rams had positive remarks for every campus the team visited and is clueless as to which campus they will choose.

"I'm just not sure which direction they're going to go," Prochnow said. "Anyone of us can probably do the job for them."

The Rams have yet to make any announcements to which destination they will choose for their summer training but will inform both campuses before the week is over.

"We haven't made our decision yet," St. Louis Rams Spokesman Rick Smith said. "We hope to make it in the next few days.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams look at Concordia for camp

Dang! I had my fingers crossed hoping they were going to practice in my neighborhood......FOXBORO, MASSACHUSETTS home of the PATRIOTS...GILLETTE STADIUM...Oh well

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Dang! I had my fingers crossed hoping they were going to practice in my neighborhood......FOXBORO, MASSACHUSETTS home of the PATRIOTS...GILLETTE STADIUM...Oh well
    Too many cameras at Gillette.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wait, our we sure this isn't a smokescreen and that they really want to go to Whitewater?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Wait, our we sure this isn't a smokescreen and that they really want to go to Whitewater?

TX - Re: your Avatar. NFL Network has 10 best performances running this week. #2 was Dickerson. (#1 was Brady, last year - we need a puking smily).

Anyway, try and catch it. I had forgotten what a beautiful (only word I can think of) runner he was. Smooth, fluid, totally upright, and never really looked like he was going very fast.

He never seems to get mentioned in the same breath as Payton, Brown and Sanders, but he should be.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".