Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Rams lose in final game under Linehan (hopefully): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Easy to gauge a 39 year old veteran QB throwing the game away on a TERRIBLE decision resulting in an INT, similar to something that a rookie might make ...

Similar to something Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Ely manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Donavan McNabb and let's not forget Marc Bulger among others, all have done more than once and will likely do again, so what's your point?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Rams lose in final game under Linehan (hopefully): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Special mention (bizzare official call of the game)

Glover was penalized 15 yards on the 2 point conversion for "falling with his full weight on the qb" I have never heard of the penalty before. If he hit him late or in the head, i understand the call. But the replay didnt show that. The call should have been roughing if anything, but i cant believe that if you hit the guy clean you arent allowed to fall on him with your full weight. In 40 years of football, i have never heard of that penalty. Anyone else shocked on that play?
    I agree ... this was a very strange call. I have never heard it called before either. I did not actually see the play. I may have to go look for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Great post GC as always. I always look forward to reading this.

Jackson is great. The run worked, and this usually opens up big plays for the QB. I am still against them benching Bulger and am eagerly looking forward to having him back in the line up next week.

However, the defense is sad. We get down for one second, and we don't show any heart out there. Our DE's are ready to set the world on fire. We need the secondary help. Which should be something to address next year.

However, overall a better performance, but still got smoked.

If Linehan is gone tomorrow, I hope to see alot of changes next week.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I think we are all a little too bruised to be reacting equitably to the good,bad, or ugly today, however you view it.

TG neither lit up the team nor made the noose tighten that much around Linehan's neck,more's the pity. Look at the INT on the NFL highlight reel if you don't have tape. I see SJ half-assing a block on a delayed blitz which results in a Bill's hand coming pretty close to TG's hand/the ball. Was it deflected? Dunno, but SJ -who had a thrilling game otherwise- showed me there's always a dark shadow to any moment of light for The Rams this year.

Craft probably did play better than we want to see- esp. for a guy who's been with a team for less than a week; Lee Evans is wicked fast & he made two crucial plays...Two...not 5 or 10 ...two. At least Craft was on the right guy. More than any Ram DB could say most of this season.

When did Avery become the new Isaac Bruce ? I like his potential,too, but this was no DeSean Jackson coming out party.

Linehan can't take the credit for Little's health which was the difference for me in the first half. But I don't know if he can take all of the blame for the second half where the players made mistakes and the OC/DC adjustments battle was clearly won by Buffalo.

Make no mistake, bye-bye before the bye is my mantra.

I'd like to make a request of The Mods at this point in case my plea is lost in the jubilation of a new era dawning:

Can we adjust the filters so that "Linehan" gets asterisked like a potty word so I never have to read it again?

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Everybody's jumping on Linehan for changing QBs, which I think was absolutely necessary, if for no other reason than to guage Marc Bulger, the offensive line, and Al Saunders.

Why continue to watch a QB with no confidence continue struggle every week while the team continues to get worse? I would think it irresponsible of Linehan to send Bulger into the fire every week while not improving.

Besides, what coach on the "hot seat" just trots out the same broken formula week after week with the same results, while trying to save his own job? No smart one that's for sure.

No, Trent Green didn't exactly light the Bills up, but I still felt more confident with him at QB than I have for some time with the 65 million dollar man.

We played our most inspired game of the year today. So in spite of those not in favor of the move we did improve today because of it.
    Well said. They thing to look at here is the fact the line, recievers & the running game all responded to the switch with better effort. Green wasn't great, but he was better than Bulger's been for 2 seasons now.

Linny should take Bulger & his contract with.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

They played better and that's a start from the previous weeks. But Green is not the answer. It's the offensive line. They made some plays today that they must make for 4 quarters in order to win. And the D fence needs to plug up the big plays.
    Ca anybody tackle?
    THE FIELD GOAL

general counsel is offline Registered User

Azul, with all due respect, i agree green wasnt terrible or really even bad (as i said in the initial post), but on the TD INT, it was a horrible throw and he did have plenty of time. I will say that a passer rating of 64.1, which includes 50 yards or a bit more in garbage time, is pretty lousy.

I also agree Azul that jackson's pass blocking is awful. Its an area of his game that needs dramatic improvement.

For someone to say "thats better than bulger has done in two years" is simply not statistically accurate and you can look that up if you want. A 64.1 passer rating is about as bad as any starting qb gets in the nfl for a season.

My point was and is without a compelling alternative (which we dont have) there is no reason to make the change. I have said all along that if we had a young qb ready to potentially take over for good this would be a very different debate.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

rNemesis is offline Registered User

[quote=BIG-BLUE;249501]GC,
    I agree that the formula is broken & that Linehan has to go asap, but please take a closer look at Bulger, his confidence is severely broken which was very evident in the Seattle game. weather he lost his confidence with the OL or the play calling or the staff really doesn't matter it is still shattered & needs to be rebuilt, by taking a week off & the bye week maybe he can get rested & hopefully a new coach comes in and can start some of the road work that needs to be done. Now I don't believe anyone thinks Green is the long term answer, & it was just what you saw, a backup coming in to try & shake things up & hopefully give Bulger some time to reflect & maybe heal some too, he has been knocked around a bit. We are all frustrated with this collapse of our beloved Rams, but change is on the horizon.[/quote]

YES !!! YOU ARE RIGHT!! Change is on the way INDEED!! We are not very far from winning football games again. 31-14 is actually a close score which is NOT indicative of how the game actually went. If it wasnt for that interception by green in the second half and the missed FG by Josh Brown, we would have at least had a tie or the lead in that game.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

yea, how about that missed field goal by Josh Brown. I was disappointed in that effort. 51 yards in a dome should be no problem for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12