RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams lose rookie receiver Burton

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/17/2008

Two games into the season, and the Rams are already down two wide receivers. Rookie Keenan Burton, a fourth-round draft pick from Kentucky, underwent knee surgery Tuesday to repair a torn meniscus cartilage.

According to coach Scott Linehan, Burton will be sidelined until at least the week after the Rams' Oct. 5 bye week. Under that timetable, Burton will miss a minimum of two to three games. He joins wide receiver Drew Bennett on the sidelines; Bennett will miss three to five more weeks after suffering a broken foot in the season opener at Philadelphia.

Dane Looker started in Bennett's place against the New York Giants. With Burton now down as well, recently signed veteran Eddie Kennison will suit up Sunday in Seattle. Kennison was a pregame inactive against the Giants.

Two street free agents, offensive tackle Anthony Alabi and wide receiver Chad Jackson, had workouts and physicals Tuesday at Rams Park. The team signed neither. Jackson was a second-round draft pick by New England in 2006; Alabi is a four-year veteran from TCU who was in Kansas City's camp this summer.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams lose rookie receiver Burton

Well that at least explains why Burton wasn't out there playing, but still... you guys had a draft for a reason, didn't you? So you keep the route calls a little simple on the rookies to start, what's going to be the difference? Losing horribly with them or without them?

Stop playing Hall and put Avery in!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

So why are we getting so many injuries? Do you think the new field turf has anything to do with it? I play on that stuff and we don't have any problems with it. It is better than a lumpy field with no grass. I can't believe that both our new receivers and Bennett are not going to be playing. I think somebody should do an injury analysis to figure out when players are getting injured to see if there is any reason for it.

I hope Looker catches some balls. I know he is not the fastest player, but he is smart and he has a lot of experience. Hopefully he can make a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    So why are we getting so many injuries? Do you think the new field turf has anything to do with it? I play on that stuff and we don't have any problems with it. It is better than a lumpy field with no grass. I can't believe that both our new receivers and Bennett are not going to be playing. I think somebody should do an injury analysis to figure out when players are getting injured to see if there is any reason for it.

I hope Looker catches some balls. I know he is not the fastest player, but he is smart and he has a lot of experience. Hopefully he can make a difference.
    looker was actually pretty productive against the Giants when he was thrown to, and his speed looked pretty good. He reminds me of Ricky Proehl as a third down clutch with good hands. We could have something here if properly introduced to the game.

supachump is online now Registered User

So what's up with Avery??! Shouldn't he be out there?

shower beers is offline Registered User

I wondered what happened to Chad Jackson...

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

That kid is awsome, and my *Girly Girl* gut feeling is that he can make a huge difference.

Scotty should have been gone after game 1. We have a better schedule coming our way, and if we can get rid of Scotty, these guy's are going to be happy. Saunders, I like, but needs to be on the field with his men, and not up in the box.

Burton will be ok. I knew it would be more than two weeks like Scotty stated it would, but it is a very easy recovery, (There isn't even any rehab for a torn maniscus)for most people(Me included), but of course they will rehab him simply because he will not have played .

Burton will be good as new soon. His knee is going to be better than it was before he injured it, I know from experience.

I'm dying to see Avery out there.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-17-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    So what's up with Avery??! Shouldn't he be out there?
    He's been limited since spraining his knee in the final preseason game. He didn't fully participate in practice this week, so he was low on the depth chart. Assuming he's healthy, he will likely be more heavily incorporated.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    ... Saunders, I like, but needs to be on the field with his men, and not up in the box.
    Just my personal opinion, but I like the OC up in the box. I think they get a better view of the overall flow of their plays from up there. While being on the field allows the OC to interact with the players, it's probably the worst place to SEE the game. Again, it's just my opinion.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This does hurt our team. Now we have two inactives and one just returning from injuries. What is up with our injuries?? I can only hope for the best.

I'm not too concerned though, we have McMichael in whom I would throw all my trust into.