Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Rams lunch with Kevin Demoff

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Rams lunch with Kevin Demoff

From another Ram forum

DQRAM

Mr. Demoff was really great today, taking questions for 2 hours.

I asked him about the stadium situation and he talked for 20 minutes on it. He said a lot of the same things. The Rams are committed to finding a long term solution in Saint Louis. He even polled the crowd to see if they would want a outdoor stadium or indoor. {it was about 50/50.} He said it was easier to sell suites in a outdoor stadium which was something I never thought of. He said they could look into a pro soccer team playing there and hosting big concerts that go to Kansas City now. Of course we all would want a retractable roof but he said that would make the current dome unusable. Not sure why he cares about that but maybe he would get more help from city/state if it wouldn't put the current dome out of business. He also said it would most likely be a state issue.

He said he doesn't know where the Rams will be playing 6 years from now, so I asked him a follow up and said is LA a possibility. Of course I knew it was but wanted to hear his reaction. He said he couldn't rule it out. He said Minnesota and Atlanta both used it as leverage and they would have to keep that open. He said for instance if they can't get any money or land for a new stadium that would be a game changer.

He answered all kinds of questions about the team....no new uniforms for at least 2 years. Ideally when a new stadium is built that would be a good time to change uniforms. He said he put a request in to get a home Monday night game next year and he is hopeful that will happen...

No Mike Wallace. Chris Givens is Mike Wallace and a lot cheaper...Titus Young is just a guy coming in to try and make the team. He does NOT change plans for signing or drafting more WR.

Much more was covered.

Kevin and the Rams staff are first class.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams lunch with Kevin Demoff

A Monday night game in the Dome? Sign me up!

SF vs STL. That would make for a great Monday night game.

The up and coming team that the Super Bowl bound ***** couldnt beat last year with two chances.

I can see it now!