RamsFan16 Guest

Rams | M. Faulk has surgery on both knees

Rams | Team worked out Torp
    Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:48:09 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams worked out Colorado P John Torp. He is one of the punters available in this year's NFL Draft.

Rams | Manumaleuna working on his own; may join team next week
    Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:45:33 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams TE Brandon Manumaleuna has not been at the team's offseason conditioning program, instead he has chosen to work out on his own. Head coach Scott Linehan said Manumaleuna is expected to participate in next weekend's minicamp. "The word is, he'll be here the first part of next week," Linehan said. Linehan would like Manumaleuna training in St. Louis with the rest of the club, but since the offseason conditioning program technically is "voluntary," Linehan can't really force the issue.

Rams | M. Faulk has surgery on both knees
    Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:45:06 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk (knee) has not been cleared to participate in next weekend's minicamp after having arthroscopic surgery on both knees. The clean out surgery has become almost an offseason ritual for Faulk. "I think he had some loose bodies that needed to be cleaned out," head coach Scott Linehan said. "Nothing serious. The older you get, the more time it takes just to kind of get them back to 100 percent. You've got to manage them. You can't take every (practice) snap like you used to. And the offseason's different. It's like you've got to heal up first." Linehan said he hasn't talked to Faulk recently, but he still expects him to return for the 2006 season.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rams | M. Faulk has surgery on both knees

i hope you do return for 2006 and i hope your knees fell better

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    i hope you do return for 2006 and i hope your knees fell better
    I'm pretty sure that it was just to polish things up. You know, refill the nas tank, rotate the tires, and adjust the steering.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, now we know why he's sounded indecisive about this coming season.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

"The word is, he'll be here the first part of next week," Linehan said. Linehan would like Manumaleuna training in St. Louis with the rest of the club, but since the offseason conditioning program technically is "voluntary," Linehan can't really force
    Of all the players that need the extra conditioning, he is the one. This tells me that he doesn't care about his position on the team. I just hope we draft a solid TE so Manu can be sent packing.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Of all the players that need the extra conditioning, he is the one. This tells me that he doesn't care about his position on the team. I just hope we draft a solid TE so Manu can be sent packing.
    I totally agree. I'm sick of this lazy guy.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't have a problem with Manu working out on his own and skipping a VOLUNTARY mini-camp. Who knows, maybe he has his own trainer that's more knowledgable about his individual needs.

Now, if he comes into the mini-camp overweight and unconditioned, then I'll have a problem. But some guys prefer to work out elsewhere, so I don't think it's a real sign of anything. If he had to be there, it shouldn't be called voluntary.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I don't have a problem with Manu working out on his own and skipping a VOLUNTARY mini-camp. Who knows, maybe he has his own trainer that's more knowledgable about his individual needs.

Now, if he comes into the mini-camp overweight and unconditioned, then I'll have a problem. But some guys prefer to work out elsewhere, so I don't think it's a real sign of anything. If he had to be there, it shouldn't be called voluntary.
    You know he will!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    You know he will!
    No, I don't. He knows his job is in jeopardy. That might inspire him. We really don't know one way or the other until the mini-camp comes around.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

He hasn't the last few years and doesn't seem like he gives a rats butt.

Drew4EverRams Guest

if only manu had ernie conwell`s "heart"!

physically manu should be atleast a demon of a blocking TE,hes shown some flashes of what could be with him but they are far too few for my liking,whatever we could get for him in a possible trade be that a road grinder TE or a second day draft pick id take in a heartbeat!

as for marshall i hope he recovers well enough to play next season and then gets a job on our coaching staff!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm glad it's Marshall saying that he's not an every down back anymore. Marshall has life right where everyone wants it: knowing one's skills and limitations is so vital in how you can produce.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I'm glad it's Marshall saying that he's not an every down back anymore. Marshall has life right where everyone wants it: knowing one's skills and limitations is so vital in how you can produce.
    Could not have said it better , Marshall was and Is and always will be a Class Act ...
    Attachment 795
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -07-04-2006 at 12:56 PM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan
    Could not have said it better , Marshall was and Is and always will be a Class Act ...
    Attachment 795
    Back in his early days with the Colts Faulk was a totally different person and I wouldn't call him a class act back in those days. He has grown up, and has become a class act.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

If only my boss would buy into this philosophy.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey