Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Rams Madden 09 PLayer Ratings

only have overall scores from the depth chart
    The Rams have a measly overall score of 77

its nice to see high ratings for not only the usual suspects in Bulger (89), Jackson (97), Holt (94) and Pace(93), but also for new boy Jacob Bell (94!!), Adam Carriker (89), Spoon (92) and Atogwe (90)

Long has a standard high rookie rating of 84, which isnt bad at all
    I think Cliff Ryan should be higher

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Madden 09 PLayer Ratings

Nice find. I'm an avid Madden fan myself so it's always interesting to see the new ratings.

I agree on Clifton Ryan - I'd upgrade him quite a bit from 74 overall to around 82 he showed that much last year IMO - they missed that one by a lot.

Witherspoon I would maybe give a couple of more points overall - he's one of the top LB's in the league, I'm not sure 92 is fully enough even though it's high.

Very nice to see that a player like Atogwe is getting noticed with a very high rating of 90 - looks about right to me.

I see Steven Jackson is up to 97 overall - very nice and about right. I hope they also upgraded his speed a few points - he used to have 88 or 89, I think he's faster than that people just tend to underestimate his speed a little because of his size. He's a physical freak of nature.

btimsah Guest

Wow.. that's not bad. I think they overrated our DB's to be honest but perhaps I can actually use the Rams in Madden 09'. Right now I'm stucking using teams like the Steelers and Giants. The Steelers are great in the 3-4, but their pass rush sucks. The giants have the best pass rush in the game. Especially when you put in Tuck, Strahan and Ominyura. Oh and isnt Holt a little overrated? He's not the player he used to be, but perhaps he'll be better in Saunders system.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about! I hate this awful waiting period after the draft and free agency when I just want to play as the new and improved Rams, but I can't.

I think they're being a bit generous in some cases, but I like that. Hill is a bit overrated, as is Carriker in my opinion, but I feel that ratings should be more strict than they are in this game. Barron maybe shouldn't be an 85 either.

Oh, and about Jackson, I remember reading somewhere that he was given the "foot" weapon online midway through the year last year, making him an elusive back to go along with whatever else he has, so he SHOULD be faster. I don't know for sure because I don't play online, but in my opinion he definitely should. I mean, we all saw the commerical where he runs right past that kicker(?)(josh brown?). I mean, come on!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Looks like I won't get to use the new roster anyway, unless I want to pay $200+ to play Madden. They apparently are not releasing a Madden 09 for the PC.

Screw you EA.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Thanks tomahawk, I didn't think the new ratings would be coming out this early. I agree that Clifton Ryan is a little low, but what do you expect for a 3rd-stringer. The rest of the ratings are fair, if not generous.

I don't play online much because of the lag issue (and the fact that you have about 3 seconds to pick a damn play), so that's my main concern. Hopefully they fix that; I've heard they are working on it.

Cowboysfan1 is offline Registered User
    wherever my Dallas Cowboys are..of course. ;)

Steven Jackson is really good. very tough. we had a chance to draft him but didnt..stupid us. Parcells didnt want him, he wanted Troy Hambrick. what joke that guy turned out to be.
    hes going to be a dangerous back if he can stay healthy.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

The rating look real good for us. Seems like our Rams are getting more noticed. I would've like to seen Bartell and Avery just a tad bit higher. Ryan should also be higher as well, but hey he is a 3rd stringer. I'm a bit shocked Jacob Bell is so high. We really got a steal in free agency with him. I hope they put Avery's and Long's photo, it gets annoying seeing blank's near rookie's name.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Agree with everybody's assessments. Like to see Cliff Ryan at about 81,82. Avery at about 80 with hopefully 99 speed. McMichael is better than his rating as well, just suffered because of all our injuries on the O-Line last year. Should be around 89,90 in my estimation.

Aw man, I didn't even see Avery's rating. That blows. He was the second pick of the second round, or the first pick of the second round, depending on how you look at it.

Bull!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Looks like I won't get to use the new roster anyway, unless I want to pay $200+ to play Madden. They apparently are not releasing a Madden 09 for the PC.

Screw you EA.
    They are no longer releasing for the PC? That sucks. Although the last couple of years' PC versions have been so far behind the consoles that it doesn't come as a huge surprise to see them drop it entirely. I was hoping they'd go the other way and give us a real updated versions that was up to par with the consoles this year - it's pretty ridiculous because when they have an XBox360 version it really doesn't take much work (AFAIK) to run that on PC since the architectures are so similar.

EA lost another sale here. The only problem is the total lack of competition, I wish there was another football game I could pick up instead.

So do I, but the only one left is NCAA 09.

College football? Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    So do I, but the only one left is NCAA 09.

College football? Eh...
    Come on...it's pretty good. Except for their feature of "jumping the snap" which lets you simply push the offensive lineman over when you hit X on the right moment. It's really really cheap and happens 99% of the time.

Recruiting's fun. Huh? Huh?!

Maybe if I actually enjoyed College Football, but I'd rather have an Arena Football game than College. The lack of a playoff system alone makes me dislike it. Still, I might have no choice in a few years if Madden doesn't return to PC simply to update my graphics.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Bulger, Pace, and Ryan are underrated IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast