Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ScottD413 Guest

Re: Rams Madden 10 Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Man...that's embarrassing! The overall team rating must be like 60.
    Close. 66 I think

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I think Donnie Avery's speed should be better than a 94. I think it was a 96 or 97 in last year's game so I don't see how he loses speed over a year. I think this madden will be pretty good mainly because of the new gang tackling system. It should help separate the good and bad defensive teams in the game.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Ouch!!!! we usualy get generous ratings in madden, but definately not this year. The defense looks horrible. Running the ball should still be possible, because even though they brought down S-Jax the o-line and Karney are still solid and thats all i need. The defense just looks pathetic, straight disrespect to everyone hopefully they get motivated by these terrible ratings

A-Web is offline Registered User

I am not concerned about the rankings at this point. The one thing that Madden has been able to "improve" upon the last few seasons is the ability to adjust and correct "rankings" at any point in the year based on actual performance. Players will get better/worse, so anyone has the opportunity to rise/fall if they play hard/pathetic.

It's all politics until then.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Hmmm, Bartell is a tad low here so are several other players...man using them this year is going to be brutal!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

As usual, we get a crap team. Just because Bulger had a bad year, doesn't mean he's a bad player. His rating is just harsh. Avery should be at least an 80, and McMichael is a lot better than that! Come on!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is the first year in a long time that Madden is going to be a rent for me. Tired of buying it out of loyalty year after year only to end up with an inferior product that collects dust on the shelf.
    What I do is take all of my old ones and trade it in.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Guys, hold on a second. I forgot about this entirely. The ratings system has changed... What I mean is that everyone's ratings have dropped. So having a player in the 90s, like Jackson is HUGE because it's going to be more of a rarity being that highly ranked. So I'd say although Bulger should still be higher, it's not as terrible as we may think. Likewise with Avery and McMichael it looks like they've been cheated but I am quite positive everyone got their ratings adjusted significantly.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

im with manofgod, i think ron bartell should be higher than 81.
    well at least with the mid season updates they will see that some of our boys have been disrespected and give them a little bump up. (hopefully our boys are proving that!)

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is the first year in a long time that Madden is going to be a rent for me. Tired of buying it out of loyalty year after year only to end up with an inferior product that collects dust on the shelf.
    Ain't that the truth. Some years the game was actually worse than the year before. For one example in my opinion they completely hosed franchise play in '07 (and '08, and I assume '09 too - haven't played '09 myself) by changing the draft/scouting process which totally ruined it for me (i.e scouting a player by using him in drills instead of having your scouts evaluate his skills). Therefore when I feel in the mood for playing franchise I dust off my copy of Madden 2006 and play that, best franchise mode, before they ruined it IMO. The superstar mode is a mixed bag, but overall a really good addition I think (though parts of it are total drudgery), however they also ruined that in '08 by changing the way you create a player (getting a set number of points to spread out instead of choosing your parents). So for playing superstar mode I recommend Madden 2007. Madden 2008 I rarely touch. In the beginning I was very annoyed they discontinued it for PC, but I guess it's not a big deal actually, it wasn't worth buying anyway (certainly not at the price of a full game! It should be priced like a service pack, $10 would be fair, when all you get are the stat updates and a few minor tweaks (as often for the worse as not)).

(All of this is for Madden on PC, I have no idea what it's like on consoles, though I hear there are a bunch of features that they didn't bring to PC)

schut39 is offline Registered User

It really isn't as bad as most of you think. Like Varg said, they have changed the rating system. There is a much wider range of possible ratings for players now which results in them usually being lower. And being a player in the 90's means that they are very good. Every team has been taken down a little. I think this will make the gameplay a little better because some players could just run a constant play and it would work all day.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

All of these ratings are based on the horrrible play last year by the Rams . . the ratings in madden are always a season behind. . so we will know exactly how the 09/10 Rams look after the 09/10 season is over i wouldnt read too much into those numbers but boy they sure are ugly . . . .
    Torry Holt Dont play that

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Only place to go is up for the Madden Rams just like the real ones. Can't wait to be getting stat upgrades every week from EA this year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12