Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams and Madden

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams and Madden

The white pants with blue jersey is wierd. I hope the team isn't switching their home unies. :smoke:

My favorite was dropping the QB back 20 yards and throwing off his back foot for a completion
    Actually, it's very difficult to do that on this version. I think that's why I threw so many picks.

The D as a whole are pretty good.

so I just update the ratings myself across the league.
    How did you do that?

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I've had the game for a few days now and I've got to say, this is the most fun I've had with a video game. A few things I've noticed in addition to Wraith's list:

1.) Steven Jackson + Truck Stick = Unstoppable
    I was playing against the Cardinals in a game late last night and had Steven Jackson running up the middle from about the 15 yard line. I slipped a tackle from MLB Huff and headed towards the secondary when poor Antrel Rolle attempted to tackle me. I flicked the Truck Stick and sent a shoulder into Rolle sending him hard to the turf as Jackson rolled into the end zone.

Welcome to the NFL son!

2.) I love the new vision passing. The idea is great IMO and after just 3 games I've gotten the hang of how to use it properly.

3.) Marshall Faulk is very dangerous as a Third Down Back. I've made countless long first downs after throwing to my safety valve Marshall and watching him get 10+ YAC.

4.) Chris Claiborne is a sack machine. Adam Archuleta sucks in pass coverage.

5.) Pace is too light skinned.

6.) The white pants are bothersome. I'm not sure why EA would make a change and not allow the old blue jersey, gold pants combo to be an alternate uniform.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I was playing against the Cardinals in a game late last night and had Steven Jackson running up the middle from about the 15 yard line. I slipped a tackle from MLB Huff and headed towards the secondary when poor Antrel Rolle attempted to tackle me. I flicked the Truck Stick and sent a shoulder into Rolle sending him hard to the turf as Jackson rolled into the end zone.
    One thing I did, (by accident) was press the R1 and R2 buttons at the same time and Jackson stopped, lowered his body ant the DB flew over him.

3.) Marshall Faulk is very dangerous as a Third Down Back. I've made countless long first downs after throwing to my safety valve Marshall and watching him get 10+ YAC.
    On one drive I threw 4 straight passes to Marshall and scored in 45 seconds. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    One thing I did, (by accident) was press the R1 and R2 buttons at the same time and Jackson stopped, lowered his body ant the DB flew over him.

On one drive I threw 4 straight passes to Marshall and scored in 45 seconds. :clanram:
    Haha fo real he flew over him? That is awesome. O and how is Jerome Carter in there? Does he hit hard?
    RamsFan16

Jerome Carter's not terrible, but he's not great either at 70 OVR rating. He misses a few tackles in run support here and there.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!
    You will not find the navy jersey gold pant combo anywhere in this year's Madden. Absolutely inexcusable, especially since they replaced it with something I've never seen the Rams wear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    How did you do that?
    Manually. I downloaded EA's latest roster update, and went position by position and altered ratings to what I felt they should be. More changes were made for skill position players since I think it's easier to make a definite list/order for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Agreed. Backs like Jackson, Bettis, and Ahmad Green should really be able to benefit from the truck stick.

2.) I love the new vision passing. The idea is great IMO and after just 3 games I've gotten the hang of how to use it properly.
    I think it needs some tweaking, but it's a good start.

5.) Pace is too light skinned.
    Definitely, and of course EA doesn't allow you to change the skin color. I don't know why they can't allow every attribute of a player to be edited, because that would make updating the rosters yourself so much easier.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    I flicked the Truck Stick
    Be careful, Ziggy, you'll go blind doing that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Be careful, Ziggy, you'll go blind doing that.
    LOL

Seriously though, I just finished the strangest game. I was doing an exhibition game featuring the Rams and Patriots. I ended up losing 20-17 on a last second Adam Vinatieri FG.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Thanks a lot EA.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

LOL

Seriously though, I just finished the strangest game. I was doing an exhibition game featuring the Rams and Patriots. I ended up losing 20-17 on a last second Adam Vinatieri FG.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Thanks a lot EA.
    Ouch. That, combined with the "white pants" thing, makes me wonder about EA's bias...
    They've gotta know it drives us Ram fans crazy.

I can't wait to buy Madden. Haven't played it since the 64 version, and I plan on mastering it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12