Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams made a smart move (Kleinsasser)

A big push this summer was to sign the Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser by a lot of people. It is being reported that this often injured TE is done for the season and is having Knee surgury.

Re: Rams made a smart move (Kleinsasser)

hey Jason, stop with the Viking stuff. Anyone who did not know you would think you a closet Viking fan LOL

Well, when you are one of the first to hear news from a team and it impacts the Rams I thought I would share. I didn't tell you Bennett is practicing or Moe Williams hopes to play this week or their starting LB is being benched or... :tongue:

Call me a Viking fan again, you will be walking with a limp tomorrow :mask:

Ok OK, mutter Jason and his Skandanavian tendancies

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Was there ever really much actual truth to the Rams possibly going after Kleinsasser, or was it just one of those fan-initiated "We should do this" kind of rumors?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

by a posible viking fan maybe ? HEY I'm just saying

I believe it was only a large gathering of fans that really wanted us to chase the mouse.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Was there ever really much actual truth to the Rams possibly going after Kleinsasser, or was it just one of those fan-initiated "We should do this" kind of rumors?
    Pretty much. Kleinsasser is a great Fullback/H-Back/Tight End, which is exactly why the Rams wouldn't go after him. :redface:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Heh, touché Jake.

From what I can remember though, he was scheduled to be a free agent but resigned with Minnesota in the final stretch, right? Had he hit the market, I wonder if the Rams would have pursued him. I'm almost sure they would have had they known Manu was going to get the kind of offer he got.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Quality free agents will not play for Martz. They have seen how he treats a 2 time MVP and realize that Martz's ego is much too large to share the spotlight. Rams have no chance to sign big time players while Martz is around. That situation should be rectified after this years 5 win season.

That is just crazy talk Rebel.

Most of the reason the Rams have not brought in any high priced talent is:
    1) They already have it.
    2) They can't afford it

From what I have seen Matrz is a players coach and players would line up to be in his offensive system. There is nothing that shows anything to back up your statements and to me you are just speaking like a Martz hater and not looking at this objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    Quality free agents will not play for Martz. They have seen how he treats a 2 time MVP and realize that Martz's ego is much too large to share the spotlight. Rams have no chance to sign big time players while Martz is around. That situation should be rectified after this years 5 win season.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    If this isn't the most one sided Warnerite statement I'd hate to see one better. Martz is a players coach. The players on this team love to play for him. On both sides of the ball.

Thumbs down Re: Rams made a smart move (Kleinsasser)

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    If this isn't the most one sided Warnerite statement I'd hate to see one better. Martz is a players coach. The players on this team love to play for him. On both sides of the ball.
    And your evidence of him being a "players coach" is what? Let's ask the following players why they are so enamored with Mr. Martz: Conwell, Hakim, Bryan Young, Wistrom, Fletcher, Dre Bly, Ryan Tucker, Fred Miller, Martin Gruttadauria etc, etc,.....

And please remind me, who is the bigtime free agent that spurned other teams to sign with Rams and Martz???

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    That is just crazy talk Rebel.

Most of the reason the Rams have not brought in any high priced talent is:
    1) They already have it.
    2) They can't afford it

From what I have seen Matrz is a players coach and players would line up to be in his offensive system. There is nothing that shows anything to back up your statements and to me you are just speaking like a Martz hater and not looking at this objectively.

Interesting observation. Who are these players you refer to that are 'lining up" to play for Martz?? That is an absurd comment. Based on his treatment of Warner, NO ONE will ever trust Martz. He will never be a "players coach".

RamTime Guest

I have to go with Wraith on this one Rebel. I do think there are skilled position players that would love or have loved to play in the NFL history making Martz offenses.

As far as Warner, I don't think that Martz has a pattern of cutting good players. One day the whole truth will be exposed on this Warner thing and I have a hunch there is something to this that we have not touched on or have only nibbled at.

as much as I disagreed about Warner going bye bye, its over and he is a Giant now. He is and always will be a Ram of special significance He will forever be the Ram QB that ripped every 49er season and superbowl record to shreds on his way to delivering us our first ever Superbowl.

Warner knows as should you that it is the end of September and a new campaign has begun. Wish him well and return to being the Ram Fan you know you are.

There is a chance that the Rams could meet up with Warner again, this time he will be on the other side of the field in the other uniform. You will have to look at Warner on that day as the enemy because he will be looking to tear the Rams apart, as it should be.

If he succeeds in beating the Rams out of a game, a playoff spot or a playoff game, I will acknowledge it but I sure as hell won't cheer for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast