Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams made a smart move (Kleinsasser)

I guess whenever Torry Holt was entering the last deal of his contract and could have easily tested the market to get the highest value he could, he decided to talk and eventually sign an extension with the Rams not because of Mike Martz at all but rather the local cuisine?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rampower is offline Registered User

that williams fella in the secondary aint half bad either and he most certainly would have attracted other teams attention when he signed for the rams.

Half of the nfl's free agents would probably sign anywhere for the right cash.

This mishandled mvp you speak of ( and i agree it could have been done better), but still teams were not forming a que to make him their starter. faulk, bruce, holt, little were all happy to sign cap freindly deals to stay here, so was warner for that matter.

when you have these guys on your team (plus other high price high talent guys like mr pace) it is always going to be unlikely that we will be chasing the highest priced free agents anyway. to that point I would rather be a team with many good players fighting to keep them every year (the fact that every year a high amount of our players are poached shows that we aren't that bad at aquiring talent) than the rams of 91-98 desperate for somebody to back up our 1 or 2 stars rather than our 5/6/7.
    Last edited by rampower; -09-25-2004 at 11:46 AM.

RamTime Guest

There is that one guy, you know the cb from Arizona who kept playing ball because he had a chance to play on the Rams? Remember he picked a pair of TD passes against that mediocre QB from Green Bay? Pretty sure it was in a Playoff game. I think he's been to the pro bowl once or twice or 3, 4,5,6,7. Anyway I think he did mention something about retiring but before he hung em up he wanted to play for the Rams. I canít remember his name so its likely that I am mistaken. Yea i probably dreamed that one up.
    Never mind.

rampower is offline Registered User

yeah, that williams fella...

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    There is that one guy, you know the cb from Arizona who kept playing ball because he had a chance to play on the Rams? Remember he picked a pair of TD passes against that mediocre QB from Green Bay? Pretty sure it was in a Playoff game. I think he's been to the pro bowl once or twice or 3, 4,5,6,7. Anyway I think he did mention something about retiring but before he hung em up he wanted to play for the Rams. I canít remember his name so its likely that I am mistaken. Yea i probably dreamed that one up.
    Never mind.

I don't see what's so wrong about the team not bringing in any big-name free agents. We're better off raising our own talent through the draft and cheap free agency. I sure as hell don't want an overpriced Terrell Owens, Warren Sapp, or Keyshawn Johnson on the Rams.

Remember when Cris Carter (you know, that one guy) wanted to join the Rams badly but had the door slammed in his face when he couldn't show up for the meeting on time?
    Last edited by evil disco man; -09-25-2004 at 05:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12