Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams make final cut down to 53

I am disappointed to see Stanley cut. Every time I think of Hall and Bennett I get a big knot in my stomach. Hall, because he seems so injury prone and Bennett because he can't catch a cold. Seems Stanley could have become our return man and part-time receiver if given a legitimate shot.

Also disappointed at the lack of development from Frye. I really expected more from him. Was he in Linny's dog house or was he just a big bust?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I wanna see those videos/pictures that Owens must possess. I hope Stanley lands on the PS, me feels he'll be needed very shortly.
    Semper Fi!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    WR - Torry Holt, Drew Bennett, Dante Hall, Donnie Avery, Keenan Burton, Dane Looker
    I think we kept the right receivers. Glad Looker made it again, he's a true fighter and a smart player. Maybe Stanley ends up on practice squad again (I think he's still eligible?).

FB - Brian Leonard, Dan Krieder, Richard Owens

RB - Steven Jackson, Antonio Pittman, Travis Minor
    Owens is dead-weight (FOSL), he should be gone. I would probably have kept Ball instead of Minor, but that's a close call, I'm sure Minor's place on special teams played a big role in his selection and I can understand that, Ball just looked more promising as a running back IMO. It's a bit surprising to see so many running backs (I'm including the FB's in that description now) - 6 is more than I expected. And Leonard can play both positions, so we should have been able to get away with fewer than 6 players here and get 1 more CB instead IMO.

LB - Chris Draft, Will Witherspoon, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Quinton Culberson, Tim McGarigle, Chris Chamberlain, David Vobora
    Chamberlain and Vobora should be happy our depth is so shallow at LB. Based on what I've seen they haven't looked good in preseason and as 7th rounders usually they would hardly be considered locks to make the roster based on that either.

CB - Tye Hill, Fahkir Brown, Jonathan Wade, Ron Bartell (Wow, what an unusually small section! If only Justin King had a stronger toe)
    Wow indeed. Can't believe they didn't go with at least 1 more CB, and you could argue for 2 more. Probably the biggest surprise on this roster. They have to be looking at other teams' cuts to find an extra CB IMO.

KR - Dante Hall, *Donnie Avery

Punt Return - Dante Hall, *Donnie Avery (I think he will be the next guy for returning our kicks with all that speed.)
    I hope they let Hall handle the return duties as much as possible. First because that's the reason he's on the roster and second because I'd hate to see Avery injured on special teams. He's too important on offense and Hall isn't.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    I am disappointed to see Stanley cut. Every time I think of Hall and Bennett I get a big knot in my stomach. Hall, because he seems so injury prone and Bennett because he can't catch a cold. Seems Stanley could have become our return man and part-time receiver if given a legitimate shot.

Also disappointed at the lack of development from Fry. I really expected more from him. Was he in Linny's dog house or was he just a big bust?

That famous - infamous 53 roster number!

* I too am sad to see Stanley cut (for now). Totally agree with C58's assessment.
    * Would have preferred Minor gone to keep another DB. Carter? Glad Bassey is in.
    * Also disappointed to see Fry cut. I kept thinking he and Romberg would man center and Leckey to guard (starter or depth).
    * Agree with Sam about Minor. Yes, he's a reliable back but alas, that 53 roster number!
    * Expected Caldwell to be realeased.

I hope they let Hall handle the return duties as much as possible. First because that's the reason he's on the roster and second because I'd hate to see Avery injured on special teams. He's too important on offense and Hall isn't. -- Ram of Denmark
    Yes siree, I agree.

Thanks Schut for the roster.

RealRam is offline Registered User

"I think Jerome was slowed by some injuries; last year he hurt his foot and this year in training camp with the groin," Linehan said. "Unfortunately that does not help your ability to perform at the level you expect to perform at. I think that hampered him some."
    Hmm, no wonder.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Just a few thoughts:

FB - How crazy is it to be carrying three fullbacks? Granted Leonard is a pseudo-halfback, but a total of 6 RBs/FBs is still at least one too many. Anyone have any idea who the odd man out should have been?

DL - Even if DE Victor Adeyanju is coming along, it's a little unnerving that he appears to be one of our top 4 DTs.

LB - We can afford for one player to go down. There's not a lot behind Draft.

CB - We have barely enough players to run a dime package.

What I'm seeing here is a lot of shared backups. If a DT goes down, we've got Clifton Ryan (or Glover if Ryan is actually starting). If a DE goes down, we have Hall. After that, Adeyanju will have to fill in if either a DE or a DT goes down. Draft will have to fill in if any linebacker goes down, and Bartell will probably fill in if either a cornerback or safety goes down. The depth all across the defense looks thin.

Coincidentally, we are keeping 27 players on offense and 23 on defense.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who thinks that we should have cut Minor, and kept Vinnett just in case. I've never been that impressed with Minor's play - sure, he makes a good run now and then, but he's as inconsistent as the KC Royals.
    Love your sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post

I also hope to see Ball in a Rams Jersey sometime soon.

I too was hoping they would have found a way to keep Ball.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Terrance Holt was cut by the Pathers and made available. Maybe Torry will talk to Rams into pursuing his bro for seconday help...

schut39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Terrance Holt was cut by the Pathers and made available. Maybe Torry will talk to Rams into pursuing his bro for seconday help...
    I read somewhere that he would be interested in a new team, particularly Carolina cuz his brother is there. Maybe he would change his mind about wanting to go to the panthers after his contract is up if we did get him.

** the only problem is that he is a safety and we have a lack of depth at cornerback, so I don't know if he will be needed**
    Last edited by schut39; -08-31-2008 at 12:39 PM.

L.A.RamFan is offline Registered User

Damn. I was excited about Lance Ball. That kid can RUN! I was hoping we counldnt have hung onto him.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.RamFan View Post
    Damn. I was excited about Lance Ball. That kid can RUN! I was hoping we counldnt have hung onto him.
    Hopefully he makes it on to the practice squad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12