letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Exclamation Rams Make NFL cover

The rams made one of the three cover stories on NFL.com kinda feels good when i go to NFL.com and the first picture to popup is STEVEN JACKSON 179 Yards "The St.louis Spirit" ! Go Rams

Torry Holt Dont play that

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Make NFL cover

Just went there, Letsgo. Thanks. :football:

I like Shannon Sharpe, a formidable former TE and now NFL columnist / reporter. And it's great to read of his approval of today's win by the Rams over Jags.

But I would certainly question that today ... "Martin looked like Kurt Warner circa 1999".

:O Say what!?!

And on that lingering running game "theme" that has gone on forever, and is again hovering naggingly now, didn't Rams Marshall Faulk rack up big, historic and memorable yards as a RUNNING BACK too?

Come on, does anyone, with a decent knowledge of their favorite football team ... not have a clue of what they do and do successfully? As in their system, their M.O.?

Yes, yes, yes, alright -- the Rams' GSOT was obviously (and thankfully) an air attack. Helloooooo?

But the 1999 and subsequent Rams ran too. How ridiculous to be a fault finder and insist on that absurd subject. Bah!

BTW, anyone remember the game when Mike Martz, from the opening play, called running plays, play after play after play -- not one single pass or reverse, just good'ol up the middle grinding that ended with a TD?

Was that an exhibition game? Or was it a regular game last year? hone:

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Post Re: Rams Make NFL cover

had to be pre season thats a rare martz sighting
    Torry Holt Dont play that

morgetha is offline Registered User

I think it was last year vs. Eagles on MNF where Martz called 15 straight running plays. It was kinda odd, but very sweet :bow:

I don't remember seeing GSOT calling all running plays. But once in 2001 on Carolina game, Marshall just got back from knee injury. And whenever he ran, it was so sweet that Warner didn't even need to pass (MM only called 20 pass plays). Anyway it turns out to be the Rams' highest scoring game that season with a 48-14 win. :up:

BTW, "Martin looked like Kurt Warner circa 1999" --- I think Sharpe was only referring to that TD to Curtis play.
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by morgetha
    I think it was last year vs. Eagles on MNF where Martz called 15 straight running plays.
    And morgetha wins the prize (except it was 11 straight runs). Last year Martz opened up with a 10 play 73 yard march (literally) down the field to score on the Eagles. In the series, Faulk was 4 for 24 yards and Jackson was 6 for 46 yards and a TD. Faulk started the next series with an 8 yard run, then Martz finally went to the air on a 12 yard Bulger-Holt connection.

It was an odd game and seemingly un-Martz-like. There were 44 runs (Jackson 24-148, Faulk 17-54, Bulger 3-7) and only 28 passes.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod