RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams Make It Official - Incognito To Start at Center

Per KFNS.

Linehan: "We didnít single him out - he made the decision for us in practice based on his performance.. Ritchie will be our Center, and Larry Turner will stay ready."

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Make It Official - Incognito To Start at Center

Not a surprise and a decision i support. I want my best five guys on the field and i think the steussie is a lot better than turner at this point. Question with be over time whether steussie is better than Goldergs Deli.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Per KFNS.

Linehan: "We didnít single him out - he made the decision for us in practice based on his performance.. Ritchie will be our Center, and Larry Turner will stay ready."
    I wonder which "he" Linehan was referring to.

He (Steussie) did a fine job at LG this week?
    He (Incognito) did a fine job at C this week?
    He (Turner) sucked this week?

Which one was it, I wonder?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

hmmmm...:\ why exactly did larry make the 53 man roster as back up for andy, not to be played when andy went down?
    why is cog after making his NFL debut at LG being moved to C in only his second "real" game in 2 and a half years? if barron gets hurt on sunday will he lineup at RT against the cards??

i dont think linehan is being fair to larry or ritchie along with not using his TE`s against denver and keeping bartell on a leash ,plus not drafting an O-lineman before the 7th round!
    s`pose 4 things i dont agree with aint so bad really!

ok rant over cant wait till sunday!!!!:r

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This is a good decision as Cogs is young and talented and probably more of a natural center than anyone else on our current roster except for the guy they just picked up for depth. Even if Andy had lasted through the entire season, there was a strong possibility that he would have been replaced next year as he's not getting any younger. Sure there will probably be some growing pains, but ultimately this will be an upgrade .. probably a major one. Steussie playing right next to him will help out considerably as Cogs can lean on his experience for stability. Steussie was a solid tackle in his heyday, but is better suited to guard at this stage of his career. With Incognito and Steussie at center and guard respectively, the running game will hopefully benefit some as well. I just hope nothing happens to either of our tackles ...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams View Post
    hmmmm...:\ why exactly did larry make the 53 man roster as back up for andy, not to be played when andy went down?
    Because he was better than anyone else competing for that back-up spot through camp and the preseason?

That doesn't necessarily mean he's the best option to start with McCollum out, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

hmmmm... why exactly did larry make the 53 man roster as back up for andy, not to be played when andy went down?
    Well, think about it like this......if there were a Guard who outplayed Cogs, Turner may not have made the roster at all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod