View Poll Results: Are the Rams making progress?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even if its slow progress.

81 72.32%
  • No, its the same old Rams.

18 16.07%
  • Too soon to say.

13 11.61%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Are the Rams Making Progress?

Yes..we are making progess.

For all those that were predicting 5 wins or more. That was a reach in my opinion. Rookie QB, Rookie LT and an Offensive Coordinator that is terrible = Continued offensive issues. Time and experience will help our offense the most, so I've prepared myself for another bad season from the won/loss perspective. 4 wins or less is what I'm expecting. On the flipside our defense is certainly playing better at least in the points allowed category. It's all coming together slowly but it is coming and that's what matters to me more than anything.

GO RAMS!!!!!

macrammer is online now Registered User

The season is going just as I thought it would. Progress is slow in the making but we were way down in the talent pool. We will be 2-14 perhaps 3-13 this year but on the cusp of really turning around soon.

I am not a Spags HC fan. I see much better HC talent out there that new ownership hopefully will go after. Just like Martz, I think Spags has his place in a NFL Org, just not as a HC.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

We're definitely making progress but it'll be 2012 before we're in with a chance if winning the division, in my opinion.

Saffold is going to be top class, but the jury is still out on the rest of the offensive line. Bell and, to a lesser extent, Brown haven't lived up to their billing since coming in, while Goldberg is a good "sixth man" but shouldn't be starting. I know that you can get tarred and feathered in these here parts for suggesting that all isn't rosy but Jason Smith has been a massive disappointment thus far.

Fortunately, time is on his side and we also have plenty of potential at TE and at number two receiver. What we lack is a true threat in the WR corps and I can only hope that A.J. Green is still available when we draft next April.

The defensive line is doing well and we have lots of young talent there. More quality at LB wouldn't go amiss but the biggest difference maker on the defence would be a true shutdown corner. I'd gladly trade the rest of our draft for Patrick Peterson (assuming that we've already got Green) in the 2011 draft. Add these two players and we'd be nearly there.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i would say the d has made pretty good progress, and offensively you could argue that progress is being made personnel-wise because i think bradford is the real deal. still, the play calling concerns me greatly and needs to be corrected, and overall this offense doesn't look like it's made much (if any) progress from last season.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

I believe we are making progress.

I like the talent on the O line, we have a potential star QB, a star RB, a couple solid WR's.

Offensively we lack a stand out #1 WR mainly.

Defensively we have a player on all 3 levels of the defense.

Obviously we were at ground level, so its still going to take awhile, to file the roster with depth in addition to core pieces we still lack.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I think we should get a good CB in FA next year and draft a WR or another RB.

Keenum is offline Registered User

As a whole I think this team is already much improved over last year. Still a lot of holes, but yes, the Rams are making progress. It may be slow and painful, but as long as they can get better each week I will be happy.
    Sooner or later that WILL lead to wins.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Same ol' Same old! Start from the Top. Stan should make his presence felt by asserting his values, assess what immediate changes that are glaringly needed and letting it be known of the expectations and goals, short and long term, that he requires of his new ballclub.

Stan just has to look at past Rams Owners for inspiration. Namely, probably one of the NFL's most respected owners in history, Carroll Rosenbloom (Chip and Lucia's Dad).

Carroll was the owner of the Baltimore Colts when they took on the mighty New York Football Giants, beating them in the 1958 NFL championship game, which everyone knows as the "Greatest game ever played", marking the beginning of the NFL becoming America's favorite past time. Rosenbloom is also noted for firing his Head Coach of that '58 championship team, Weeb Eubank (Also the winning coach of Super Bowl III of Joe Namath fame, he who would become a LA Ram) in place of a young Head Coach in Don Shula.

Carroll's Colts remained Champions or contenders throughout the late 1950's ,60's and early 70's. In 1972 he worked a deal (with the Irsays) to take over the Rams. Basically they swapped teams.

The same time the Colts were the elite of the NFL, during the 50's and 60's, the Rams were the 'Washington Generals" of the league.

When Mr.Rosenbloom took over the Rams he immediately put his stamp on the team.
    In 1973, he did away with the bland blue and white uniforms to the more colorful blue and gold, which are still worn by the team today.
    Also in '73, the Rams became creditable, no longer the Washington Generals of the NFL, The Rams went on to win 7 consecutive NFC western division titles.
    Clearly Mr. Rosenbloom had a plan in place to make his Rams a force to be reckoned with, in only 7 short years of Carroll Rosenbloom's tenue the Rams were in the Super Bowl.
    Unfortunately, Rosenbloom passed away before he could witness this historic Rams achievement. MAY GOD REST HIS SOUL.

Stan may want to even look to the Greatest Rams owner of all.....the former Mrs. Rosenbloom....the late Great....MADAM RAM herself....Georgia Frontiere! MAY SHE ETERNALLY REST IN PEACE

NO ONE!!! in this proud franchise has done more for the Rams or brought them as far to the ultimate prize.
    Under her tenue she presided over 3 Rams Super Bowls, winning one.
    She brought this franchise out of the doldrums of a unappreciative LA market to bringing football back to the Gateway city and within a few years, witnessing the UNthinkable...A SUPR BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP! "The Washington Gerenals" were now the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!!....And Georgia was its QUEEN!....LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!

The question is for STAN! Will he follow in the footsteps of these Great Rams Pioneers, who made it their duty, no matter the stakes, to take the necessary actions, to see to it that the Rams were always a progressive high quality organization.

STAN! WE ALL CAN ONLY LOOK TO YOU, AS RAMS, AS WE LOOKED TO CARROLL AND GEORGIA, TO TAKE YOUR RIGHTFUL LEAD IN ASSUMING FORSIGHT AND QUICK ACTION IN BRINGING THIS TEAM AND ORGANIZATION OUT OF THE MIST OF DISPARITY.

RIGHT NOW THESE ARE THE SAME OLD......RAMS!!! AND THEY ARE GOING NOW WHERES FAST!!!

STAN! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THESE WASHINGTON GENERALS????
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-22-2010 at 05:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Here is my take:

Yes we are making progress. However if we do not win It really does not mean anything, because it shatters confidence. And that can lead to same old rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    Here is my take:

Yes we are making progress. However if we do not win it really does not mean anything, because it shatters confidence. And that can lead to same old Rams.
    The truth sometimes hurts. Ouch. Tough but fair view on progress.

One can only hope that the Rams progress will continue and produce Ws soon.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Whatever progress we make, it'll regress if there isn't football in 2011. I really hope they do something about that...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Yes, even though it hasn't translated into wins. We are building the right way. It will take some time but we will all be happy it turned out the way it did in the long run. The defense hasn't given up like it used to and im confident to say that with an offense in the late "teens" even we would have won both games we have played fairly easily.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

No real progress to report. No wins against much less than average opponents. Run D is giving up 140 plus yards a game. Still making mental mistakes that cost field position and games.

After two games - sorry to say - no progress.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

We're now up to 31st in the power rankings.

That's progress.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

theodus69 is offline Registered User

hell yaeh. This not a very good poll question.AV you getting bored or what!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast