Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Curly Horns is online now Registered User

Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Does it matter?

Well it is certainly over and done with, but I think it matters, at least in football terms. Just for the record, I didn't bring it up, but when the story does get brought up and starts to stray from the truth then I feel compelled to speak up.

Martz can tell the whole world how much faith he has in a player or his entire offensive squad, but when his actions say otherwise, then his words, again, are what do not matter. Several months after the fact Martz finally admits what thousands of football fans saw and felt on that day. Hopefully, Martz is sincere with that admission.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

The only analogy I think of when I think of sMartz is "the boy who cried wolf." Like in the fable, sMartz touts or denigrates an individual as the circumstance dictates, and then contradicts himself just as easily later on. Does he have faith in Bulger? How bad is Sehorn?

So now when in fact sMartz may be sincere, to a lot of us, he has cried wolf or contradicted himself once too often. It is just better for my equilibrium to avoid his spin and not listen to him altogether.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    That's exactly what I am trying to suggest. You can dispute it, but you will never convince me otherwise. NO way. His actions spoke volumes.

Well it came from the horses mouth!....MM said that he didn't want to risk throwing another int. and not have a chance to get to O.T.........Yes his actions did speak valiums! I wanted to take several..........lol......after MM wasting the time that we had left in the Carolina game! He's not been the same play caller since moving from O.C. to H.C...........period!

Nick, didn't you watch the post game show or the news conference?

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Wink Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Nick, didn't you watch the post game show or the news conference?
    Probably not since most of us are still devasted by the KW int to Ty Law that LOST the SB not the defense. KW's poor decisions lost that game not the d-fence.

No more denial and no more blame on the d for the worst loss in Rams history!

Place your true frustration on the person that dug his team into too deep a hole for his team to overcome, our beloved kw who will probably get more hype on these threads for quite some time :upset: while a pissant 'ant!

If your going to play the blame game lets start with the SB loss and admit that KW lost that game without sMartz' help then pick apart MB and smartz for the 'lina loss.

objectivity is not negativity and it may lead to some closure for a few of yous .... :1:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

moklerman is offline Registered User

I can agree that Warner didn't have a great game in the Super Bowl, but I think Martz was the cause and Warner the symptom. The New England defense dared the Rams to run and stacked up against the pass and Martz didn't change his gameplan. To me, it was because he had something to prove. "My offense will work against anyone" or something to that effect.

That said however, I don't see how the Rams couldn't come back from the defecit that Warner created if they were tied with less than two minutes to go. The defense played a great game overall, but in the end failed when it mattered most.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I can agree that Warner didn't have a great game in the Super Bowl, but I think Martz was the cause and Warner the symptom. ...
    That said however, I don't see how the Rams couldn't come back from the defecit that Warner created if they were tied with less than two minutes to go. The defense played a great game overall, but in the end failed when it mattered most.
    Sorry Mok', your insight is not 20-20 here. A 14 point swing against the Pats is a huge hole to overcome no matter who or how great your qb is. If KW does not throw that td to Law we probably would have won the game. The D kept KW in the game through out and if you subtract the seven he gave away then you see that KW is the obvious choice for blame. Your personal analysis is that smartz lost that game or contributed to the loss with his gp. Plain and simple, no int for 7 and the rams win the sb! KW is responsible for his decisions on how to execute smartz' play as is Bulger right? But nothing..., with that same logic you have countlessly and insightfully (see above) applied to Bulger applies to KW as well.

KW lost that game, shoulders the blame above everyone for that ill executed play. Plain and simple. Not smartz, not the dfence.

And that my fellow, Super Rams Fan, may be why there could be some alienation between KW and his former teammates as he may have/have not never addressed the issue with his 'mates as I wish I could have been a fly on the wall several times involving the KW chronicles.

See you in St. L against the 'aints?
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This thread just won't die! It keeps coming back to life over and over again!

Why.... its....

The Plight of the Living Thread!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Sorry to continue this, but.....

When Warner walked off the field in SB 36, the score was tied as a result of his touchdown run and touchdown pass. What more could he have done to put the mistakes behind him and accomplish the task of giving his team a chance to win? He could have easily crumpled under the pressure, but he didn't. In the most dire situation a quarterback could find himself in, he answered the call and rose to the occasion. My guess is, his teammates were feeling pretty good at their situation when Warner walked off the field.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He still blew it with that INT to Ty Law. Had to be the worst pass KW has ever thrown. If Vrabel was in his face, he should have ate the ball, punted, and let the defense hold as they were doing the whole first half.

Curly Horns is online now Registered User

Cool Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Alright, I was just going to let this go, but, since tx gets to jump in here, then I will too.

One guy can't lose the game!! Cmon now, we all know this. Why single out Warner? Hell, we could just as easily single out Prohel for his critical fumble or Wilkins for his missed FG or Martz for his bad play calls or the defensive player for folding during critical drives or Lovie for being an absolute bonehead with his prevent style at critical stages.

You know I have watched that ty law int many times. And BTW it was not a 14 pt. swing. The play took about two seconds and Warner had even less time than that to make a decision. Certainly less time than Brady had to throw his ball away, which was intentional grounding. Certainly less time than it took Tucker to figure out he whiffed on his man. Certainly less time than Martz had to call the bonehead out route to begin with. Especially after Faulk just had consective runs of 5yds and 15 yds. Why did Martz call that play on 1st and 10 after Faulk had just reeled off 20 yds on the ground? STUPID!!

Look guys this aint surfin, it is a team game. The team wins and the team loses. End of story.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

As usual, the voice of reason. Good post Ferter.

It was third down I thought, not first. And you are right, all those examples are valid. However, my point was that Warner did make a mistake. He's human. Imagine that. Most want to say....oh, he led a comeback. Great, that's what he got paid to do. But to just sweep his mistake under the rug and say it wasn't a factor in the loss is not looking at the situation very clearly.

Yes, the defense buckled at the end. Yes, Wilkins missed a field goal. Yes, Proehl fumbled. And yes, Warner threw an INT. All add up to the loss.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: Rams’ Martz knew Bulger would be special

Funny how the Bulger Defense Team constantly downplayed his lousy play against garbage teams last year by incessantly harping on the fact that...."When it was all said and done and the game was on the line, Bulger put the team in position to win." Well isn't that what Warner did in the Superbowl? Yet he is singled out as the one responsible for the loss.

Oh, that's right, I forgot, we can't use the same criteria to judge both QB's. How silly of me. No double standard though, right?

Anyway, back to the theme of this thread, which was..."Rams’ Martz knew Bulger would be special."

That's a crock. You know, Bulger may end up turning into the best QB in the league before he's done, but for Martz to make that statement at this point in Bulger's career, when he has done absolutely nothing to warrant being labeled as special, is just rediculous.

Bulger dosen't throw those 3 INT's against Carolina, we probably win that game.

moklerman is offline Registered User

A 14 point swing against the Pats is a huge hole to overcome no matter who or how great your qb is.
    That's what I don't understand about your argument. They DID overcome the deficit. Yes, the interception put the Rams in a hole, but by the end of the game they were tied. On top of that, who's to say the game would have played out the EXACT same way if the interception wouldn't have been thrown? To say that the whole game hinged on that one play is somewhat of a stretch to me.

When Hasslebeck threw the interception that was returned for a td against the Packers in the playoffs last year, THAT loss was all on the qb's shoulders. It was overtime, the game ended on that play.

I'm not saying Warner was blameless in the loss to the Pat's, but I don't think he's solely responsible either. I happen to think the Proehl fumble was a bigger deflator than the interception. That doesn't mean that I hate Proehl or anything like that, but at that point the Rams had finally started moving the ball and getting into a rhythm. They were well on their way to a score and the fumble sort of put them back at square one. This is all beside the point, but I remember thinking "Damn! We finally start to get things going and shoot ourselves in the foot...AGAIN!".