Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

We better stick to the kicker. He is the only one safe these days.

moklerman is offline Registered User

It is sad that Warner comparisons started being made because I intentionally left them out of what I was saying. I was speaking about Martz and Bulger but somehow it's interpreted as something else.

From my side of the fence, it seems that a lot are too accepting of the Martz B.S. It also SEEMS that it is forbidden to criticize Martz or Bulger in any way. Notice I said "criticize" not "compare". Of course we can't even mention the head coach or qb unless it's sunshine and rainbows. It's not like I was just posting an editorial out of the blue, I was responding to an article in which Martz was making ridiculous comparisons.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Talking players up is just Martz' way. I call it the great Martz spin machine. Now, where did I put that spinning top, anyways, I have heard him say these types of things about players many times.

Oh here it is:

I remember how he has said similar things about Warner and Faulk. Listening or reading what he has said about those two, in the past, could lead someone to believe that Warner and Faulk are football Gods. I say take it for what it's worth -

Martz spin.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I hate to break it to you but every coach in the league talks up their own players. So why should Martz be any different?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

respect your opinion totally Molker, just don't like the name calling. We all know your love for Kurt and dislike for Martz. There are days I feel the same as you ;-)

txramsfan is offline Registered User

No, critizing Martz and Bulger is ok, dissecting everything to minute detail.....well that's another.

Martz has issues. Bugler has issues. Bulger has to get better on first and second down. Martz needs to use the RB just a bit more. Bulger should fire the ball into the 5th row if nothing is there instead of trying to win the game by himself. Martz needs to give help to the special teams, especially the kick off and punt coverage units, so that the defense may be able to pin teams deep into our own zone.

Sorry mokler, it just sounds a bit bitter. If I'm wrong, I apologize but that's how it comes off.

He seems like he's trying way too hard to talk us all into something that we're not buying.
    Sorry Avenger, you were unclear on what you were referencing. As far as this particular quote from my post, the "we" in "we're" is appropriate grammar for the sentence. The whole sentence is a hypothetical anyway, so I don't see how you think I was trying to speak for everyone. Since the article was a public statement more or less, I think it's more appropriate to use "us" as opposed to "me". Martz wasn't adressing "me, he was addressing "us" the public.

Actually the phrase "I'm not buying it" would have worked there too. :tongue:

Cool Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    I hate to break it to you but every coach in the league talks up their own players.
    Do you really hate to break it to me? I doubt you do, besides that, you're not telling me something I don't already know.
    So why should Martz be any different?
    Well I don't know? Why don't you open up the "hate to break it to you" bag and pull out the explanation? Please, tell me why Martz is extremely over the top, with his spin, as compared to other coaches around the league.

Am I bitter? Probably. Actually, yes. But that doesn't mean the points I'm making are invalid. For Martz to compare Bulger to Marino and Montana in any way is out of line to me. Yes, I realize that coaches will talk up their players but I just don't recall anyone else saying these types of comparisons. I haven't heard Billichek compare Brady to Montana or Marino or Reid compare McNabb in that way. I could have missed it, but whether they did it or not still doesn't justify the comparison. From both sides of the story. I think it's a huge disservice to Marino and Montana to have Bulger compared to what they did or went through in any way. Bulger simply hasn't done anything yet.

This is mostly about Martz and his B.S. I don't like it when he does it with other players either and at this point I'm sick of it. Basically, when he starts weaving these tales of how great a player is doing/looking, and then the player struggles it just makes Martz look like a moron. I don't particularly like thinking of the head coach as a moron so I would like him to shut up. He seems like he's always wrong about who he's talking about too. Warner's 100%, Faulk's as good as he's ever been, St. Clair....well, you get the drift. If he would just shut up it would make things a lot better. Instead of talking X's and O's like a coach should he's always coming off as a blowhard. That's what I'm tired of. The outlandish statements about Bulger, all year last year, and this article most recently are what have topped it all off for me.

Does anyone out there feel good about knowing that what comes out of Martz's mouth is manure? Just quit trying to sell something Martz.

I agree about the name-calling RamWraith, but I think I was retaliating not initiating.

Oh, I'm sorry. You presumed I was addressing you when I posted that. I was actually addressing "Socky" the sock puppet that is my constant companion. I can see where you made that mistake.

Bob L. Head is offline Registered User
    California, USA, Earth, Milky Way, The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    could lead someone to believe that Warner and Faulk are football Gods
    They're not?:O
    Have some fondue, it's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Actually the phrase "I'm not buying it" would have worked there too. :tongue:
    Actually it wouldn't have worked because my point is about the way Martz sounds. It's not about a particular point Martz is making. He keeps pushing harder and harder with the sales pitch is what I'm talking about. Not what he's actually trying to sell.

If I were rolling my eyes any more right now I'd be looking out the back of my head.

Wink Re: Ramsí Martz knew Bulger would be special

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    I was actually addressing "Socky" the sock puppet that is my constant companion.