Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER
  • 8 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By KoaKoi

Thread: Rams Mathematically Eliminated

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Rams Mathematically Eliminated

So, let's see what the rookies have (e.g. Davis, Pead, Quick). There's nothing to lose and lots to gain IMO.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Mathematically Eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    So, let's see what the rookies have (e.g. Davis, Pead, Quick). There's nothing to lose and lots to gain IMO.
    I understand what you're saying, but what can we learn in ONE game? Especially in Seattle. The game will likely be a blowout, and the "kids" will be totally in over their heads. There is a lot to be lost, and little to be gained, IMHO. A miserable season finale on the road with a bunch of untested kids like Pead (who's done poorly so far in stressful situations) would leave a bad taste in the mouths of many, which I don't see as favorable for anyone. Let's finish the year, evaluate the season as a whole and get Pead the entire year to figure it out.
    Haste likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

I'd bet Jeff Fisher will do nothing dramatically different in preparation for Seattle. I'd also bet he has a pretty darn good idea on this year's rookie class already, and one additional game won't make a difference.

Whereas in baseball, a manager might give some guys called up from AAA a start, in football, things remain basically the same personnel-wise for teams no longer in the hunt.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams may be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but they're not mathematically eliminated from their first winning record since 2003. I say fight like everything's on the line, and end the season on a high note!
    thoey, MoonJoe, Varg6 and 5 others like this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I'd bet Jeff Fisher will do nothing dramatically different in preparation for Seattle. I'd also bet he has a pretty darn good idea on this year's rookie class already, and one additional game won't make a difference.

Whereas is baseball, a manager might give some guys called up from AAA a start, in football, things remain basically the same personnel-wise for teams no longer in the hunt.
    Well said. I've been frustrated this season, seeing where it was headed a few games ago, that we have some rookies who have not had a chance to show their stuff and maybe won't have a chance to do so next year and be cut in pre-season. We've been to that rodeo before and it does frustrate me that we may be headed there again. We're probably in for a beat-down next weekend and I just hope that one of our starters get hurt.

macrammer is offline Registered User

The season is ending just as I had envisioned. The Rams are playing much better as we exit this year and that bodes well for years to come.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Well said. I've been frustrated this season, seeing where it was headed a few games ago, that we have some rookies who have not had a chance to show their stuff and maybe won't have a chance to do so next year and be cut in pre-season. We've been to that rodeo before and it does frustrate me that we may be headed there again. We're probably in for a beat-down next weekend and I just hope that one of our starters get hurt.
    I think this has turned out to be a very good draft class. Brockers has been excellent. Jenkins is a playmaker and has started from day 1. Givens has respectable numbers for a receiver in his rookie year. Trumaine Johnson shows promise and had a "pick" today. Richardson provided some solid play in spots this year- an unexpected surprise for a 7th round pick. I will say the slow development of both Pead and Quick have been disappointing, though Quick does have a couple of TDs.

I certainly understand frustration, but I think your worries are unfounded. The future is bright for this team.
    ZiaRam likes this.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

To follow the thought of laying everything on the line to garner a winning season, a win against Seattle in the finale would place the Rams undefeated in Division games...

I' d like to suggest that those kinds of bragging rights could be very comforting to a free agent during the off season.

How many times have we heard a FA say they'd like to play for a contender? Obviously, FA will follow the money, but once the money cards have all been laid out, a team of punching bags vs a team with ability to make the playoffs can factor into the decision greatly.

Not a remarkable point, but one in which I am heartened by.
    RealRam and ZiaRam like this.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    I' d like to suggest that those kinds of bragging rights could be very comforting to a free agent during the off season.

How many times have we heard a FA say they'd like to play for a contender? Obviously, FA will follow the money, but once the money cards have all been laid out, a team of punching bags vs a team with ability to make the playoffs can factor into the decision greatly.
    Although for obvious reasons I hope you don't get a win against Seattle, I think you are right about FAs. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say the Rams would make a better destination for a FA than one of the current playoff teams. The Digits have a habit of signing guys, and then letting them rot and wonder why they signed there in the first place. They did it with Brian Westbrook, they did it with Brandon Jacobs, and I'm pretty sure they've done it with others.

If I was a Rams GM, I would try to get as much mileage out of that as I could possibly get.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    Although for obvious reasons I hope you don't get a win against Seattle, I think you are right about FAs. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say the Rams would make a better destination for a FA than one of the current playoff teams. The Digits have a habit of signing guys, and then letting them rot and wonder why they signed there in the first place. They did it with Brian Westbrook, they did it with Brandon Jacobs, and I'm pretty sure they've done it with others.

If I was a Rams GM, I would try to get as much mileage out of that as I could possibly get.
    So that's what a SeaChicken looks like...