THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Rams may have found face to the franchise...

I was thinking to myself until yesterday, the Rams lacked a face to the franchise like let's say for instance Adrian Peterson...

Now that Steve Spagnuolo has stepped in, us fans, for the first time in atleast two years, are hopeful...Then it really got me thinking, while Steven Jackson has potential to be the face of our franchise, and can easily lead us to the promise land, he needs to overcome his injury woes before I can even consider him as the face of the franchise that we need right now.

Some of you may or may not agree with this however, the bottomline is:
    We need Steven Jackson to overcome his injury woes and stay healthy so we can not only have a Coach that can be the face of a franchise, but the player.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -01-19-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: typo

Tony Banks is offline Registered User

Re: Rams may have found face to the franchise...

I'm with ya THOLT. I agree that Jackson shouldbe the guy. Assuming he stays healthy, he'll have a monster year. Imagine Steven Jackson in a run-oriented offense. We can't expect miracles, but hey, 3 wins would be an improvement right?
    :1:

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Banks View Post
    I'm with ya THOLT. I agree that Jackson shouldbe the guy. Assuming he stays healthy, he'll have a monster year. Imagine Steven Jackson in a run-oriented offense. We can't expect miracles, but hey, 3 wins would be an improvement right?
    haha agreed, and thanks for agreeing...I think SJAX, if healthy, AND in a run oriented offense..oh BOY i cant even begin to say how exciting that sounds

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Of course. He's obviously our best player and we need to build the team around him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I think with the new HC and the direction we are going I think the face of the franchise will be a defence player like Long or someone else who might become a star under the new coach.

But If SJ can overcome his injuries he will become our face of the franchise on offence.

maineram is offline Registered User

SJ couldn't stay healthy in a pass oriented offense, what makes anyone think that he can stay healthy carrying the ball 25-30 times per game.

Look what happened to Saunders and Haslett. Counting on Jackson to be the focal point of the offense, only to be on the bench most of the year. Ah, OH, plan B.................. no plan B !!!!

If we are going to have a run oriented offense, we better pick up a top quality backup, with incentives in his contract because he could lead the team in rushing !!!

Until Jackson shows me he can stay on the field for a COUPLE of seasons, I'm not going to appoint him the face of our franchise.

Bulger may have his detractors, but that guy at least plays on Sunday, takes a beating and still plays the following week.

THAT'S a guy that should be the face of the franchise.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I think with the new HC and the direction we are going I think the face of the franchise will be a defence player like Long or someone else who might become a star under the new coach.

But If SJ can overcome his injuries he will become our face of the franchise on offence.
    Well for this to happen we need one big thing to happen. We NEED a real FB like one we had . Linehan in his infinate wisdom drafted about 5 tight ends in the first three rounds over three years to replace our fb position as a blocker

BAD MOVE LINEHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RAMPAGE!; -01-19-2009 at 10:38 AM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    SJ couldn't stay healthy in a pass oriented offense, what makes anyone think that he can stay healthy carrying the ball 25-30 times per game.

Look what happened to Saunders and Haslett. Counting on Jackson to be the focal point of the offense, only to be on the bench most of the year. Ah, OH, plan B.................. no plan B !!!!

If we are going to have a run oriented offense, we better pick up a top quality backup, with incentives in his contract because he could lead the team in rushing !!!

Until Jackson shows me he can stay on the field for a COUPLE of seasons, I'm not going to appoint him the face of our franchise.

Bulger may have his detractors, but that guy at least plays on Sunday, takes a beating and still plays the following week.

THAT'S a guy that should be the face of the franchise.

Maineram -
    Great post. Was going to say that myself. Unless we get a good back-up running back from the FA or draft, I don't think Jackson can handle the load by his own, and then spelled by Darby and Pittman. Darby is developing nicely, but still has tons of work to do. I never liked Pittman, as he underperforms.

I would much rather have Spags balance out the offense, with mixture of both pass and run, to keep Jackson healthy. Jackson can be utilized in the passing game more, making him a more complete back.

Irishrover40 is offline Registered User

Well your offense should be run orentiated. You have a great running game and when they move to shut down your running game you burn them with a good accurate passing schemes. BUT SJ desperately needs some of the OL to open up holes so he can bust thru the middle instead of always running end sweeps plus on those end sweeps he needs blockers who can blow the defense off their feet so he can get 10,20, 30 yards at a crack