Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rams May Have a Healthy QB Duel in 2013

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams May Have a Healthy QB Duel in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    WHATEEEEVER! Perhaps you can't stand anyone even remotely questioning our QB 'sitiation.' Actually it's sad in a forum that is supposed to be an opportunity for people to express their opinions. Guess it's not legit to do so. IMHO, when I am offended by something that someone says I ignore it and don't respond. It works pretty well. As you can see I'm not offended by anything you've had to say, so I'm responding.

Everyone can post an opinion. Those opinions will then be judged by the masses. That's just the nature of the beast.

My response was not to an opinion, but rather to an assertion that Davis has played in the NFL. He hasn't.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

What is your response to the fact that Sam Bradford outplayed Bradford in preseason? Despite Bradford playing against better quality opposition?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

WHATEEEEVER! Perhaps you can't stand anyone even remotely questioning our QB 'sitiation.'
    Interesting that you would put situation in quotes, connoting (correctly) that there isn't one.

Actually it's sad in a forum that is supposed to be an opportunity for people to express their opinions. Guess it's not legit to do so.
    I'm confused, did you get the opportunity to post your opinion? Maybe if you were denied that opportunity, you might have a point, but you weren't, and you don't.
    RuffRams likes this.

Yodude is offline Registered User

The thread started with an article by B. Miklasz in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, not with some inane blog somewhere. And, the interesting situation at QB for the Rams in 2013, especially if Bradford has a hiccup or two, is going to continue to be a topic of discussion in fan forums and in the media.
    You seem to be missing the point. Nowhere in this article is there even the slightest hint that anyone at Rams Park (or in the media for that matter) thinks Austin can challenge Bradford for the starting position. There is no mention of it whatsoever.
    Nick likes this.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. Nowhere in this article is there even the slightest hint that anyone at Rams Park (or in the media for that matter) thinks Austin can challenge Bradford for the starting position. There is no mention of it whatsoever.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken but as I read between the lines Bernie is saying that Austin Davis moving to #2 in the QB rotation might put some pressure (long overdue IMHO) on Sam Bradford to perform up to his billing (#1 pick and tens of millions of dollars). But if Sam Bradford doesn't live up to his billing, unless you're saying that he has done so or that it doesn't matter that he does, then having someone around to whom a shot should be given in that event isn't a bad thing at all IMHO. Do you believe that someone that causes SB to look over his shoulder is a bad thing? If so, then let's get some slug in here who couldn't challenge anyone and anoint Sam Bradford as the now and future QB of the Rams (albeit that we've been to that rodeo with Marc Bulger). I'd appreciate your take.

MACD is offline Registered User

You're mistaken. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    You're mistaken. You're welcome.
    Actually I'm not. I forgot to include only ONE small paragraph from Miklasz' article, so here tis.

'Bradford is secure as the starter, but it would be naïve to dismiss the possibility of a quarterback controversy. Davis will become a popular alternative among fans who decline to embrace Bradford as the foundation quarterback. Davis fired up the fan base with his ability to run around and make plays. If Davis puts on an entertaining show during the 2013 preseason, the anti-Bradford crowd will be yelping for a change.'

Wanted to save you from reading between the lines, so read the lines if you please. Count me among the 'yelpers' if Davis lights it up in pre-season and Bradford is the Bradford of the last three years. So, in the words of B.M., (I'm sure that you read the entire article and will recognize this) don't be 'naive (enough) to dismiss the possibility of a QB controversy.' I prefer not to misquote anyone so I chose a direct quote from the article. I'll include them in the future so as not to invite misinterpretation.

MACD is offline Registered User

Consider the source...Bernie. Must have been a slooow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    Consider the source...Bernie. Must have been a slooow news day.
    Okay, so first it was 'you didn't' (read the article correctly) and now it's 'consider the source....Bernie.....' Can't be both, so I assume that it's the latter (Bernie's a 'hater'). Don't think so, I think it's responsible journalism making an hones, unbiased, appraisal of the situation, which is refreshing and worth trying some time. Let's check back when the 2013 season is underway and see how things are going, objectively. Should be fun IMO.

BernieM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    'Bradford is secure as the starter, but it would be naïve to dismiss the possibility of a quarterback controversy. Davis will become a popular alternative among fans who decline to embrace Bradford as the foundation quarterback. Davis fired up the fan base with his ability to run around and make plays. If Davis puts on an entertaining show during the 2013 preseason, the anti-Bradford crowd will be yelping for a change.'
    Dude, you don't have very strong reading comprehension skills. If you did, you'd notice that I didn't say anything about an ACTUAL QB controversy (i.e. one in which the coaching staff is unsure who should start), but rather merely a PERCEIVED controversy that will be claimed by those predisposed to oppose Bradford (i.e. YOU).

Anyone with a brain could tell that I'm just, once again, trying to create a story where none exists.

I was bored.

So sue me.
    FestusRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieM View Post
    Dude, you don't have very strong reading comprehension skills. If you did, you'd notice that I didn't say anything about an ACTUAL QB controversy (i.e. one in which the coaching staff is unsure who should start), but rather merely a PERCEIVED controversy that will be claimed by those predisposed to oppose Bradford (i.e. YOU).

Anyone with a brain could tell that I'm just, once again, trying to create a story where none exists.

I was bored.

So sue me.
    The Bernie Miklasz that I know doesn't create stories where they don't exist and if he does then the PD is not getting it's money's worth. So, unless I hear otherwise from the 'real' Bernie Miklasz I'll stick with my original opinion, namely that Bernie wasn't disparaging Bradford but pointing out that a controversy could happen with some of us who aren't convinced that Bradford's the real-deal albeit an expensive non-real-deal. If you are the real Bernie then I've lost the great deal of respect that I have for you. But, my guess is that you're not, so don't bother responding because I'm not reading any more bogus replies by 'BernieM.' Cute!!!! But stupid!!!

BernieM is offline Registered User

The Bernie Miklasz that I know doesn't create stories where they don't exist and if he does then the PD is not getting it's money's worth. So, unless I hear otherwise from the 'real' Bernie Miklasz I'll stick with my original opinion, namely that Bernie wasn't disparaging Bradford but pointing out that a controversy could happen with some of us who aren't convinced that Bradford's the real-deal albeit an expensive non-real-deal. If you are the real Bernie then I've lost the great deal of respect that I have for you. But, my guess is that you're not, so don't bother responding because I'm not reading any more bogus replies by 'BernieM.' Cute!!!! But stupid!!!
    If I'm not the real BernieM, then why is my Rep Power level 14 points higher than yours?

And if you're really from Toronto then I've lost all respect for Canadians.

Seriously... Sam Bradford had a passer rating of 116.3 last preseason playing against starters. Austin Davis has a rating of 70.7 playing against guys who, right now, work at Target.

How can you not get that I was just goofing with you all when I wrote that article?
    Last edited by BernieM; -02-25-2013 at 07:44 PM.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I think we should trade our 16th pick for Tebow, then put Bradford, Davis, and Tebow on the field, at the same time!! That way everybody is happy, and everybody wins! Well, everybody except for the Rams that is.

#tebowtime #davistime
    ZiaRam likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Tebow, minus B, minus W, plus ' equals Te'o.

Not sure what that means, but it must mean something.
    ZiaRam likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll stick with my original opinion, namely that Bernie wasn't disparaging Bradford but pointing out that a controversy could happen with some of us who aren't convinced that Bradford's the real-deal albeit an expensive non-real-deal.
    And there's the whole point....

...any controversy would be heralded by you yelpers (your words, not mine), not Fisher and the coaching staff.

The yelpers are free to start some kind of crusade, but it is without meaning. Same as any actual QB controversy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast