STLRAMSFAN Guest

Rams may pursue M. Bennett

Rams | Team may pursue M. Bennett
    Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:19:19 -0700

Bernie Miklasz, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams, in need of someone who can help RB Steven Jackson share the load at running back, may try to get RB Michael Bennett from the New Orleans Saints, but the Saints won't deal until they are covered at the position. They want to sign No. 1 draft choice RB Reggie Bush, and they want to make sure that RB Deuce McAllister is fully recovered from knee surgery.

Please delete if already posted its a day old and came from KFFL. I also saw elsewhere that this was mentioned by Bernie on 1380 ESPN radio. It is Bernie so take it for what its worth.

Michael Bennett
    27 years old
    4.5 yard/carry for his career
    Would make a decent backup if Faulk is not around IMO. Several teams including KC are pursuing Bennett.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -06-25-2006 at 12:05 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Rams may pursue M. Bennett

Possibly a good backup, but he sure is injury prone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Rams | Team may pursue M. Bennett
    Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:19:19 -0700

Bernie Miklasz, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams, in need of someone who can help RB Steven Jackson share the load at running back, may try to get RB Michael Bennett from the New Orleans Saints, but the Saints won't deal until they are covered at the position. They want to sign No. 1 draft choice RB Reggie Bush, and they want to make sure that RB Deuce McAllister is fully recovered from knee surgery.

Please delete if already posted its a day old and came from KFFL. I also saw elsewhere that this was mentioned by Bernie on 1380 ESPN radio. It is Bernie so take it for what its worth.

Michael Bennett
    27 years old
    4.5 yard/carry for his career
    Would make a decent backup if Faulk is not around IMO. Several teams including KC are pursuing Bennett.
    Why would they pick him up? How much paying time has he had over the past couple of years? Not much. He is ALWAYS hurt. The only reason you would pick him up is to act as a decoy and I don't see too many teams falling for that. I'd save the money and look elsewhere.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I agree with KentuckyHawk, plus, can these coaches possibly find talent outside of who they personally have worked with in the past? (for the most part).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I think that if Faulk retires Bennet would make a good backup with Fisher to Jackson. He is very fast and quick and would be a good change up back to both Fisher and Jackson, if Faulk retires it'd be a good pickup.
    RamsFan16

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyHawk
    He is ALWAYS hurt.
    The question is, does he get injured because he can't take the full load of a starter on his shoulders, or is he prone to injury in any kind of role? The Rams aren't going to be asking him to start and carry the ball 250+ times. He'll be a situational player. I think under that kind of role, he can function and stay healthy. The Saints seemed to agree when they signed him to back up Deuce in the Big Easy. If he doesn't, well, we'd still have Fisher.