RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams' McMichael guarantees win over Browns

From MSNBC:

'We have nothing else to say - we are going to win the football game'

SportsTicker
    Updated: 5 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS - Tight end Randy McMichael is convinced the St. Louis Rams will get their first win of the season on Sunday, when they host the Cleveland Browns.

McMichael is so sure of it that he has guaranteed a victory for the Rams, who at 0-7 are to the worst start in franchise history.

“We have nothing else to say - we are going to win the football game,” he said.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

That might be bulletin board fodder for the Browns, who are well rested following their bye week.

The Rams are a team in turmoil and the emotions boiled over in last week’s 33-6 loss at Seattle. Quarterback Marc Bulger got into a heated exchange with coach Scott Linehan on the sidelines.

“I’m a little angry about things, embarrassed about things, frustrated about things,” Bulger said after the game.

The Rams have not scored a touchdown in eight quarters and lead the NFL in giveaways with 23, including 11 in the last two games. Bulger was responsible for all five turnovers against the Seahawks with three interceptions and two fumbles.

While the Rams are dealing with internal issues, the Browns are an improving team whose confidence is growing. Cleveland is only one game behind first-place Pittsburgh in the AFC North.

The Browns also are in the midst of a favorable schedule, playing back-to-back games against winless teams for the first time in franchise history.

On October 14, the Browns defeated the 0-5 Miami Dolphins, 41-31, as Derek Anderson tossed three touchdown passes - all to Braylon Edwards.

Anderson has led the Browns to a 3-2 record since taking over for Charlie Frye, who was traded to Seattle after a season-opening 34-7 loss to the Steelers.

Anderson has thrown 14 touchdowns passes in just five games -third in the NFL behind New England’s Tom Brady (27) and Dallas’ Tony Romo (16).

me: I really wish these guys would quit guarenteeing wins every week - it kind of loses its zing after getting blown out the first week.. Yet after several blow outs after guarenteed wins its getting ridiculous.. Why not start with guarenteeing they'll score a freakin touchdwon this week to start with?

Re: Rams' McMichael guarantees win over Browns

oh great ...................... ah well I suppose he heard that we would be there

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

*headdesk*

Look...I like the spirit in which this was made, but all this does is antagonize the Browns, and yes, given them fodder for the bulletin boards. Shoot....didn't a Browns player do the same thing in '99 when the Rams were going to play them and they were winless?

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    me: I really wish these guys would quit guarenteeing wins every week - it kind of loses its zing after getting blown out the first week.. Yet after several blow outs after guarenteed wins its getting ridiculous.. Why not start with guarenteeing they'll score a freakin touchdwon this week to start with?
    Ike was the only guy that did it. I like it. McMicheal is the only guy talking like he gives a crap.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

And what is he going to do to help the rams win? Catch 1 td every 7 games?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Ah, c'mon. Don't diss McMichael. He's not catching balls because he has to stay back and try to do Milford Brown's job for him. What do you want the guy to say?

"Next week we're hoping to go out there and limit them to 5 sacks. We'd really like to keep Bulger from taking more than 20 hits in the game, and we're looking to cut down from 5 turnovers a game (like the last two performances) to maybe 2 or 3. We're not really expecting to get into the endzone--have you seen or redzone offense?!--but we're going to work really hard to put up at least a field goal or two to avoid the shutout." Now that would be inspiring.

Give a guy a break. It's a football player saying "we're going to win the football game." Big deal.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

...sigh...Why would you guarantee a win? Honestly, I guess you could say it is for the members of the clan and the players themselves, to pump them up. But what if we lose (which obviously that is a strong possibility), our morale becomes even more decreased. Why would you do this McMichael? You should know better...Ehh, whatever.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is online now Registered User

You're right V6. What's the use of doing that right now?!?

Maybe Randy is trying to get some press -- one way or the other.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I guess he has nothing to lose by making a guarantee, but at this point, we've played that card and got punked in the process. Time to forget about the guarantees and make it happen on the field without any empty bravado.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

If Jackson plays I second that motion!!! I feel like we're close IF we can manage in the redzone. If Jackson is out FUGETABOUDIT!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TennRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm sure he's just trying to light some kind of fire but I'm not a big fan of "guaranteed wins".........just go out and do it, don't talk about it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    And what is he going to do to help the rams win? Catch 1 td every 7 games?
    McMichael better step it up. I have him scoring the RAMS 1st touchdown in my Mock Gambling picks.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    If Jackson plays I second that motion!!! I feel like we're close IF we can manage in the redzone. If Jackson is out FUGETABOUDIT!
    from what I read Jackson is playing but is not 100%, so it should be interesting how he is used.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

From MSNBC:

'We have nothing else to say - we are going to win the football game'
    Stinkin' MSNBC....they didn't give you the rest of the story. I found the transcript; here it is:

Randy McMichael: We have nothing else to say, we are going to win the football game.

Reporter: That's pretty tough talk, the Cleveland Browns are much improved this year.

Randy McMichael: Cleveland Browns?!?! I thought we were playing Brown University.....you know those Ivy League kids?

Reporter: Nope, you're playing the Cleveland Browns.

Randy McMichael: Sure it's not Cleveland State?

Reporter: Nope, it's the Cleveland Browns.

Randy McMichael: The Charlie Brown fan club, maybe?

Reporter: Nope, Cleveland Browns.

Randy McMichael: ---pause--- Next week, we are going to whip the Byes. Must be a home game, I didn't get a plane ticket for next week. So who's coaching the Byes these days?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I too guarantee a win this week.

I'm just not saying yet which team will get that win.