Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams mentioned in Randy Moss talks

Ok, i disagree somewhat. If we bring in Moss and draft smart i feel we are a contender. People were calling us a contender last season before it started. Who did we lose this offseason? Noone except(Im sorry all die-hard bruce fans) but a 35 year old receiver. So in my eyes we still are a contender and we added a better kicker. Imagine adding a superstar Wideout.

Just think about that

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

My take on this, is this...

Moss proved this past year that when things are going well, he can keep his mouth shut and play, and more importantly, produce. But when your team is undefeated in the regular season, what's to ***** about?

But that won't be the case with the Rams in 2008, if the Rams were to spend a ton of money on him. Next season won't go nearly as smoothly for the Rams as the 2007 Patriot season did, as much of us are aware. How long would it be before he takes plays off? How long before he rolls his eyes and yells at the coaching staff on the sidelines? Who needs that?

...and finally, the Rams cannot afford to go after a veteran WR that will demand top-dollar. We have a top-tier WR, at much less.... The Rams are rebuilding, and I'd prefer they go after a young speedster that will remain with the team for years to come. The Rams won't be making a SB bid next year, so use the money they'd spend on Moss for youth and attitude. Bringing a guy like Moss in would be money foolishly spent.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Ok, i disagree somewhat. If we bring in Moss and draft smart i feel we are a contender. People were calling us a contender last season before it started. Who did we lose this offseason? Noone except(Im sorry all die-hard bruce fans) but a 35 year old receiver. So in my eyes we still are a contender and we added a better kicker. Imagine adding a superstar Wideout.

Just think about that
    That's lovely and all, but we need to get a better offensive line, we should add atleast 1 more new starter to this OL, a younger guy too while we're at it and also add depth because sure we were supposed to be contenders last year but that OL proved that a team is NOTHING without it...So that would've been my first thing. I am sorta disappointed Faneca didn't work out, but hopefully this draft's deep list of OL players won't disappoint this season. Don't get me wrong, getting Moss would be awesome, but like I said, we need to address some other issues first. I'd also love to know what Moss is expecting contract wise...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

This time i agree with you Varg. OL would need to come before Moss and i would like to know how much hes asking. I would also LOVE to snag Moss from the Cheatriots.

Mooselini Guest

I would love to see his skill on our side of the ball...but hes demanding too much. Who knows, maybe if we draft a young receiver, he might be the next Randy Moss for all we know.

Yodude is offline Registered User

All this talk about Moss, his attitude, his motivation, etc., is just plain silly.

Anyone who thinks this inept front office could pull off a move like this needs to get his head examined.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    All this talk about Moss, his attitude, his motivation, etc., is just plain silly.

Anyone who thinks this inept front office could pull off a move like this needs to get his head examined.
    To be honest, if they do manage it, and somehow we end up with starting WRs of Torry Holt and Randy Moss, but to do so they had no option but to cut Bruce...

well id feel a little better about them cutting Bruce, lets just say that. if all this stuff that has happened so far was just so that they could pull of a major move like this, then they would win me back right away

Ramer Guest

If we couldn't give Ike 4 million in 08, why would be pay a 31 year old Moss 10 million.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    If we couldn't give Ike 4 million in 08, why would be pay a 31 year old Moss 10 million.
    I think there is a difference between the ageing Isaac Bruce and the guy who just beat the single season record for TD receptions

I think there is a difference between the ageing Isaac Bruce and the guy who just beat the single season record for TD receptions
    Haha couldnt agree more.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The last thing I heard/read about Moss was that he and Dante Culpepper want to be reunited so they are looking for a team that will sign them both.
    (ESPN SUNDAY 3/2/08)

The last thing I heard/read about Moss was that he and Dante Culpepper want to be reunited so they are looking for a team that will sign them both.
    (ESPN SUNDAY 3/2/08)
    Yeah, Linehan just had a wet dream. The thought of bringing in two FSOL. As much as i dont think we'll get Moss i would NOT be suprised at all if we pulled them both in given Linehans track record.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The guy throwing the ball to him (Moss) was able to stay up longer because he had better pass protection?

Look...IMO Moss was the actual NFL MVP last season, but quite frankly he is a luxury this team cannot afford.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

why wouldn't the buccaneers go after him?
    they have the money and the could use the excitement

Ramer Guest

Forget about Moss, it looks like the Pats are going to resign him.

KFFL is reporting

Patriots | Team close to re-signing R. Moss
    Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:27:50 -0800
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New England Patriots are close to a deal with free-agent WR Randy Moss (Patriots). The Patriots have made Moss an offer that would make him one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
  2. -03-02-2008, 10:49 PM