Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams are a Mess

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Rams are a Mess

The Jury's still out on new Rams headcoach Steve Spagnuolo. I know it's early but Spags is still an unproven who will need to bring forth a major 'Stimulus Package' to jumpstart this failing RAMS economy.
    For the Rams and Spagnuolo to become successful, they must change the personna of this team. These are hard times and as an organization the right moves must be made. Is Spags the right man to make sweeping changes and turn this ship around? Is there such a thing as 'Hell week' in the NFL? You remember back in high school, the start of football season, the coach would put you through hell to work out the kinks before the upcoming season.
    The Rams need about month of HELL!!!

THE MARC BULGER QUESTION?

This is a new year, and nothing has changed, BULGER STILL SUX!!! Put another coach before him, it doesn't matter, the leadership that's need from the QB position is just not there. This guy has more excuses, ( The offensive doesn't protect him, The receiving corp is too young and inexperienced or Torry Holt is too old, the running game is never healthy, Steven Jackson's always hurt, the defense always has us playing from behind.) how much more can we take with a sorry team with a sorry playing quarterback?
    Marc can change his fortunes by rededicating himself, preparing during the offseason and make it his mission to guide this team successfully, in the right direction.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kilner is offline Registered User

Re: Rams are a Mess

Spags will be a disaster
    the rams have not won a game under yet

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Gee, nothing like the glass being half full, huh guys? Good God. And while we're at it, let's rip Spagnuolo- a guy many of us had our eyes on but didn't think we'd get due to a cost prohibitive salary. I for one am not going to dredge up the bad memories of the past three seasons for the millionth time. It serves no purpose. We all know the Rams have much work to do. Let's dwell on the positives for once, shall we?

1. A turnaround in the NFL can happen quickly. Last year's Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons and Jets are all proof of that. And if you're a true Rams fan, you'll remember our SuperBowl season- which preceeded a 4-12 mark.

2. The Rams have some quality pieces in place. Steven Jackson is a top back. The club is high on Avery and Burton- especially Avery who had a pretty good rookie season and will only get better. Ditto for Chris Long, who you know will work like a dog to be the best he can be. Oshimogo Atogwe is a productive player, and Bartell is up and coming. Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are as good as any punting/kicking tandem in the league. Marc Bulger can be a winning player when protected.

3. Chip Rosenbloom has backed up his words thus far. He unloaded Linehan and Haslett and large pieces of the coaching regime that oversaw a 5-27 mark the last two seasons. Billy Devaney, a respected football man, is pulling the strings instead of the departed Jay Zygmunt. John Shaw is nothing more than a figurehead. And morale is slowly but surely starting to improve.

4. Spagnuolo, while short on head coaching experience, is a winner. He has a Super Bowl ring to his credit for his work with a Giants team that was far from outstanding from a talent standpoint, but played excellent team defense- something the Rams lacked badly. His tireless and fiery approach to defense will have this team in games- there's no question in my mind- as I live in New Jersey and saw Spagnuolo's Giants defense every Sunday.

5. Last year's draft appears to have been a pretty good one. Piece one or two more together along with an intelligent approach to free agency, and the Rams will be in business once again.

Hopefully, the above posts were just posted to elicit a firm response, in which case you were successful. But if you're truly serious, I would suggest rooting for an established team who is guaranteed a winning season next year. Negativity in February for a team that has had more than its share of bad fortune and a new head coach who hasn't coached a down yet is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kilner View Post
    Spags will be a disaster
    the rams have not won a game under yet
    I get it! Surely you jest! But seriously, Spags has alot work to do to clean up the mess of the Saint Louis Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Gee, nothing like the glass being half full, huh guys? Good God. And while we're at it, let's rip Spagnuolo- a guy many of us had our eyes on but didn't think we'd get due to a cost prohibitive salary. I for one am not going to dredge up the bad memories of the past three seasons for the millionth time. It serves no purpose. We all know the Rams have much work to do. Let's dwell on the positives for once, shall we?

1. A turnaround in the NFL can happen quickly. Last year's Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons and Jets are all proof of that. And if you're a true Rams fan, you'll remember our SuperBowl season- which preceeded a 4-12 mark.

2. The Rams have some quality pieces in place. Steven Jackson is a top back. The club is high on Avery and Burton- especially Avery who had a pretty good rookie season and will only get better. Ditto for Chris Long, who you know will work like a dog to be the best he can be. Oshimogo Atogwe is a productive player, and Bartell is up and coming. Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are as good as any punting/kicking tandem in the league. Marc Bulger can be a winning player when protected.

3. Chip Rosenbloom has backed up his words thus far. He unloaded Linehan and Haslett and large pieces of the coaching regime that oversaw a 5-27 mark the last two seasons. Billy Devaney, a respected football man, is pulling the strings instead of the departed Jay Zygmunt. John Shaw is nothing more than a figurehead. And morale is slowly but surely starting to improve.

4. Spagnuolo, while short on head coaching experience, is a winner. He has a Super Bowl ring to his credit for his work with a Giants team that was far from outstanding from a talent standpoint, but played excellent team defense- something the Rams lacked badly. His tireless and fiery approach to defense will have this team in games- there's no question in my mind- as I live in New Jersey and saw Spagnuolo's Giants defense every Sunday.

5. Last year's draft appears to have been a pretty good one. Piece one or two more together along with an intelligent approach to free agency, and the Rams will be in business once again.

Hopefully, the above posts were just posted to elicit a firm response, in which case you were successful. But if you're truly serious, I would suggest rooting for an established team who is guaranteed a winning season next year. Negativity in February for a team that has had more than its share of bad fortune and a new head coach who hasn't coached a down yet is unnecessary.
    Yeah, every February the past few years along with this month, the glass is always either half full or half empty and at years end even the well is bone dry.
    Tell it to the Lions about quick turnarounds.
    The Rams have quality pieces though all are not quite in place. Jackson's health issues, Avery and Burton's youthful inexperience will be needed to improve a stagnant offensive.
    Hopefully the Rams defense can get an upgrade under Spags influence.
    Unfortunately Adam Carriker and Chris Long have not lived up to (1st Round draft choice) expectations. OJ and Bartell are good players but still need to sharpen their skills to improve a poor defense.

Would love to see the glass half full for this team, Coach Spagnuolo has a great mess on his hands, it's now time for him to get to work and get this thing turned around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I decided to quote some of this for truth, to save future readers wading through what I did.

Anyway, here's the substance of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post

Last edited by Bar-bq; -02-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bar-bq View Post
    i decided to quote some of this for truth, to save future readers wading through what i did.

Anyway, here's the substance of this thread.
    what ever!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

methinks someone needs to take their medication as prescribed..

stlramman is offline Registered User

The glass is half full for me. I believe Spags IS the right man for the job, time will tell of course. I loved the answer to this question during an interview at the scouting combine.
    Q-how do you turn around this culture of losing? The rams have lost more games than the Lions the last 2 seasons.

Spags- We don't go backward and talk about the past

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin` ram View Post
    methinks someone needs to take their medication as prescribed..
    yeah, what ever!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stlramman View Post

Spags- We don't go backward and talk about the past
    Talk is cheap, but good response, none the less, from the Saint Louis Rams' 1st year rookie Headcoach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Unfortunately Adam Carriker and Chris Long have not lived up to (1st Round draft choice) expectations. OJ and Bartell are good players but still need to sharpen their skills to improve a poor defense.
    The only one I will give you out of this is Carriker, so yes...the jury is still out on him.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

maineram is offline Registered User

" Henny Penny the sky is falling, the sky is falling "................! Let's just release all 53 players tomorrow and start over.

Give me a break

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    " henny penny the sky is falling, the sky is falling "................! Let's just release all 53 players tomorrow and start over.

Give me a break

maineram -
    what ever, dude!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

what ever, dude!!!
    You can post that as many times as you like, but, as with the comments about Bulger, you're doing little to convince anyone that your perception is grounded in viable fact or even correct spelling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast