RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Rams must follow trail of blood, and KILL ....

The St. Louis Rams, eh?

This team is seemingly an afterthought these days. I win is so rare, that it makes the front page of every sport's website, and it seems as if chaos is running rampant in the world, simply because the ST. LOUIS RAMS finally won a game ...

The Rams .... widely regarded as the worst team in the league, WORST ... won a game, against a good opponent, in their house ...

How could that be?

We really are a forgotten team. Even here in Alabama, I used to wear my Rams gear, and walk into a gas station, or Wal-Mart, and would always get a comment or two. Most of them were not pretty, particularly when we were lighting up the league. But, there were appreciated regardless. It always seems to be more difficult to make somebody hate you, than to like you, and I enjoyed sucking up that heat.

This season, no matter how many Rams hats and shirts I've worn, I've got ONE comment, just ONE and that was after the Redskin's victory ...

"I still don't think that was a catch, man, no way that receiver caught that."

I just smiled, nodded, and said, "Thanks", and walked off with my soda I had just purchased from the guy ...

Are you serious? The Rams finally win a game, win it in dramatic fashion, and that is all I get? Other than a select few classly Redskin's fan, all I see is, "The Redskins beat themselves." This from the fans all the way to the media. Even after the victory, as I was looking for a recap on my trip home, the initial writeup says, "Ram's use fluke plays to take down Redskins." They called the 43 yard pass to Avery a fluke, the 75 yard fumble return a fluke. No mention of Jackson's fumble being a fluke. I wonder how the Redskins would have been praised as a relentless, hawking defense had they forced and returned that fumble ...

One think is sure, NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR THE RAMS. But certainly, what respect does a 0-4 or 1-4 team deserve. Really, not much at this point ....

Typically, sitting at 0-4 is a death sentence. Teams that are 0-4 are typically bad teams. But not this one. Not talent wise. We needed a spark, something was missing. Not talent, not X's and O's, not heart, it was the leadership on the sideline. The cancer is gone, and it was not one of those cancers that was aggressively eating away, until nothing is left. It was a slow, curable cancer, a cancer that was removed and replaced by a new desire, and fire, to live, play, and succeed ...

Enter firey Jim Haslett, who was unduly kicked out of New Orleans, and struggled here for 2+ years as an X's and O's guy. But now he is the man, and the Ram's are now 1-0, with 11 games left to play. There was an amazing difference in this team that played the Redskins. They played with fire, they played with determination, they played with spunk, and they silenced 92000 fans and ripped a victory again ...

And the Rams are 1-0 ....

And now is the time to earn some respect ....

We will learn alot this week. We'll learn if last week was just an anomoly, if the team was just feeding on Haslett's energy as he took over, only to sink back into the doldrum's this week. Or we'll see if this "believe" thing is for real. Can you really overcome adversity if you just BELIEVE? People do it everyday, why not the Rams?

The Rams must smell the blood. The Cowboys are beaten and battered. Romo is out, the punter is out, Jones is out, Newman is out, Pacman is out, it goes on and on. The Big Dead generated a nasty, nasty pass rush and put Romo on his back time and time again. No reason we cannot do the same to Johnson. No reason we cannot pound the Cowboys into submission with Steven Jackson. No reason our young receivers cannot get behind the banged up Cowboy's secondary, salivating and waiting, for Bulger to finally unload that perfect deep strike ...

This game, my friends, is for the taking, and the Ram's must smell blood. Nothing short of a victory is acceptable here. A close game is not acceptable. Losing in any way shape and form is not acceptable ...

We have a very rare chance here, I chance to be 2-0, after a 0-4 start. And in the NFC west, anything can happen. We still have two against the Cards, two against the 49'ers. The schedule only gets easier from here ....

Again, the Rams must smell blood, and they must kill. Now is the time that this team can make a statement. Now is the time for Jim Haslett to redeem himself. Now is the time to make the Ram's relevant again. Now is the time to see what this team is all about ...

I cannot remember a game in recent history that is more important than this. This game will define our season, it will define our players, it will define our destiny. This game can truly be a turning point, for this team, for this organization, for the fans ...

This team must smell blood, and they must kill ....

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Rams must follow trail of blood, and KILL ....

Nice post infiniti. The Rams need to smell blood and attack. the cowboys are weakened at the momment and this would be a great time to go in hungry.

My jersey got a lot of comments on sunday and the common theme was "RAMS SUCK!!!!" I heard that a lot on the way back to the car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Great Post! I'm Pumped! I smell that Cowboy Blood, I want to boil it and drink it, then SPIT IT OUT !!!
    Last edited by dgr828; -10-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Americas Team is offline Registered User

What you people fail to understand is that this weakened Cowboys team is still better than the Rams when it comes to talent. The Cowboys have the depth to alleviate some of the pressure that could've really been on this team.

Brad Johnson is replacing Romo for three, possibly four games. He's a different QB than Romo and I know they'll do things that are his strengths. The key to Johnson's success throughout the next several games will be how well he is protected. If the O-line plays like they did in Arizona then we're in some trouble. If it plays like it did against Cleveland then we'll still have the same high-scoring offense minus the consistent vertical shots.

Felix Jones is probably averaging less than 10 touches per game, yet he does a lot with what he is given. His speed will be missed sorely but this will only give Marion Barber more chances. Barber is one of the best in the game today and I'm sure he can have success against the Rams run-D. Plus, we may get to see the other rookie, Tashard Choice.

The corner situation is the biggest concern. Newman is out for a month. Pacman out for at least a month, maybe longer. Anthony Henry is at his best when he matches up against bigger receivers. Fast receivers will give him fits. We'll get a chance to see Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick really play. They're both rookie so I know they'll be test often over the next few weeks. If they aren't up to the challenge then we'll need a consistent pass rush to help them. I don't expect them to be torched all day, but I'm sure they'll have their rookie moments.

It's really not as simple as taking advantage of this so-called opportunity to defeat a weakened team. In fact, I think it's kind of pathetic that a lot of people seem so elated to play against a team they feel they can possibly defeat because pf injuries. The fact-of-the-matter is that the Redskins and Cardinals are better than the Rams. The Redskins played us tough in Big D and the Cardinasl are more than a handful at home. The Cardinals would need to play mistake-free football to really win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Americas Team View Post
    What you people fail to understand is that this weakened Cowboys team is still better than the Rams when it comes to talent. The Cowboys have the depth to alleviate some of the pressure that could've really been on this team.

Brad Johnson is replacing Romo for three, possibly four games. He's a different QB than Romo and I know they'll do things that are his strengths. The key to Johnson's success throughout the next several games will be how well he is protected. If the O-line plays like they did in Arizona then we're in some trouble. If it plays like it did against Cleveland then we'll still have the same high-scoring offense minus the consistent vertical shots.

Felix Jones is probably averaging less than 10 touches per game, yet he does a lot with what he is given. His speed will be missed sorely but this will only give Marion Barber more chances. Barber is one of the best in the game today and I'm sure he can have success against the Rams run-D. Plus, we may get to see the other rookie, Tashard Choice.

The corner situation is the biggest concern. Newman is out for a month. Pacman out for at least a month, maybe longer. Anthony Henry is at his best when he matches up against bigger receivers. Fast receivers will give him fits. We'll get a chance to see Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick really play. They're both rookie so I know they'll be test often over the next few weeks. If they aren't up to the challenge then we'll need a consistent pass rush to help them. I don't expect them to be torched all day, but I'm sure they'll have their rookie moments.

It's really not as simple as taking advantage of this so-called opportunity to defeat a weakened team. In fact, I think it's kind of pathetic that a lot of people seem so elated to play against a team they feel they can possibly defeat because pf injuries. The fact-of-the-matter is that the Redskins and Cardinals are better than the Rams. The Redskins played us tough in Big D and the Cardinasl are more than a handful at home. The Cardinals would need to play mistake-free football to really win this game.
    Pathetic huh?

Seems that we beat the Redskins, at Washington, and you couldn't beat them at Dallas? And you wonder why we might be a little pumped up about playing this game, at home, against a 40 year-old quarterback, when you couldn't even protect Romo. If you look at the last 7 years of Johnson's career, 6.5 YPA, and his latest body of work shows 9 TD's, and 15 INTS. He offers nothing more than a dink and dunk mentality at this point, which plays right into our strength on defense, which is team speed, minus Chavous of course ...

Pathetic that we are excited? This would be like you saying you wouldn't be excited about playing the Patriots without Brady ...

We put significant pressure on Campbell against that supposed elite offensive line that the 'skins have. Your tackles will have their hands full with our edge rushers, and I guarantee you we will blitz often. If you are basing "Checkdown" Brad's performance on how he'll be protected, you are in for alot of trouble. Because to protect this guy, you are likely going to have to keep a tight end in, and well, tight ends are a big part of your O ....

And Barber, well, he's looked pretty average running the ball to me. 4.0 YPC behind supposedly the best offensive line in the league? Barely 6.0 YPC if you take away that 70 yard miracle against the 'Cards. What has he done to establish himself as elite. Seems he was better suited to be the change of pace guy behind J. Jones. Look at what F. Jones is doing comparably ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.

majorram is offline Registered User

you can have all the talent in the world on you roster but if you don't play as team Welllll!!!!

I think if you lose here your team will explode!!! starting with Mr TO

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    We will learn alot this week. We'll learn if last week was just an anomoly, if the team was just feeding on Haslett's energy as he took over, only to sink back into the doldrum's this week. Or we'll see if this "believe" thing is for real. Can you really overcome adversity if you just BELIEVE? People do it everyday, why not the Rams?

I agree we have a opportunity, we are at home ,I believe it is time for our offense to have a brake out game no place like home to get that going. Good post RamsInfiniti.
    :ramlogo:

eldfan is offline Registered User

.[/FONT][/B]
    Cowboys is looking like a dysfunction group to me, you got TO looking like he is ready to explode. I wounder how long it will take for him to public embarrass Brad Johnson, one or two bad throws and he will be in this guy grill.
    :ramlogo:

Cweezy172 is offline Registered User

What will be interesting is if our Rams can contain both TO and Roy Williams. Note: The Cowboys just traded a 1st rounder+ for him.

Though I think our pass rush will really get to old BJ, a wide receiver corps blessed with two of the biggest and most talented players at the position (notice I don't say productive here), will truly be a test to our secondary. I am looking for Torry Holt to have his breakout game here against some rookie cbs. If not, it will be because the Cowboys pull the double team (as many others have successfully done) and get lit up by Donnie Avery. I'm looking for a sack each from LL and Long, maybe one for Pisa or Spoon. If we are able to get to BJ, and protect Bulger, the game should be ours.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Americas team. I understand where you are going, but I'm sorry, the Redskins are a better team than your Cowboys, and we beat them in their house. This is not Scott Linehan's team any more. This is the Haz's team. A different Rams squad. A team that comes out with heart and fire and shows it on the field rather than elsewhere. That is one reason (probably the biggest reason) we beat the Redskins.

Now, we're hosting a (still) good Cowboys team. However...you guys are missing Romo (big hurt), Pacman Jones (big hurt), Felix Jones, and more!

Trust me when we say this, we will take advantage of your big injuries and play with heart in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Americas team. I understand where you are going, but I'm sorry, the Redskins are a better team than your Cowboys, and we beat them in their house. This is not Scott Linehan's team any more. This is the Haz's team. A different Rams squad. A team that comes out with heart and fire and shows it on the field rather than elsewhere. That is one reason (probably the biggest reason) we beat the Redskins.

Now, we're hosting a (still) good Cowboys team. However...you guys are missing Romo (big hurt), Pacman Jones (big hurt), Felix Jones, and more!

Trust me when we say this, we will take advantage of your big injuries and play with heart in our house.
    This is what alot of the Cowboy's fans don't understand. They still think this is Linehan's team. They assume since we got plastered the first four weeks, that the win over the 'Skins was a complete anomoly ...

They have no idea what is going on with this team ....