btimsah Guest

Rams Need To Rebuild

Blow it up and start over. The coaching staff I mean. No more retreads. Get someone with a fresh outlook and coaching staff.

Move on without Bulger, rebuild the o-line and secondary.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Need To Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Blow it up and start over. The coaching staff I mean. No more retreads. Get someone with a fresh outlook and coaching staff.

id put our front seven ,mainly Linebacker position above the secondary in team needs(tho we do definately need a new strong safety) and not even gonna go there with the bulger debate apart from to say im not a huge fan of his but we stuck with him for `09....but apart from that i agree with everything you say!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    id put our front seven ,mainly Linebacker position above the secondary in team needs(tho we do definately need a new strong safety) and not even gonna go there with the bulger debate apart from to say im not a huge fan of his but we stuck with him for `09....but apart from that i agree with everything you say!
    Yeah, I agree. Safety ranks up there as a high priority on the defense, but middle linebacker is probably top of the list followed by defensive tackle. Not to take anything away from Carriker and Ryan, but at the least we need depth (assuming Wroten and Glover are gone next season, we really don't have anything behind them).

I'd rather try to keep the guys in the secondary (Atogwe and Bartell) than rebuild.

If we do blow up the coaching staff and start all over, just keep in mind that we could wind up with another Linehan. That's a risk you take with an assistant who has never been head coach before.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Get someone with a fresh outlook and coaching staff.
    Oh, you mean like scott linehan?

Move on without Bulger
    But, that would leave trent green and brock berlin?

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Oh, you mean like scott linehan?

But, that would leave trent green and brock berlin?

What a stupid response. As though those are even options. . . Lame. Bulger is washed up and done, accept it.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

We already "blew up" the most important part: Shaw and Ziggy got their pink slips. We're married to Bulger for at least another year - probably two. If we get lucky in free agency and the draft, we might find a few guys that can actually protect him. Marc's still more than serviceable given adequate protection. I am clueless as to who our first pick (2nd overall) will be, but free agency will hopefully narrow down our list of needs.

There will be alot of new faces wearing horns next season, and with luck we'll re-sign # 21 & #24.
    Last edited by MauiRam; -01-11-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

What a stupid response. As though those are even options. . . Lame. Bulger is washed up and done, accept it.
    LOL. Why do I feel like one of those disappointed folks when they were finally convinced that Michael & Janet Jackson really weren't the same person.

You kids play nice now. And stay off the street.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Ok, fine. Who do you suppose should be our starting QB? Rex Grossman will be a free agent this year. Or David Carr? How about Alex Smith?

We certainly can't use the #2 pick on a QB, not when we'll have $15million or so tied up in paying Bulger's signing bonus. Also, are you planning on replacing Green and Berlin as well? That'll take more money as well.

We need to build an offensive line. Bulger was a very good QB when the line actually gave him time to sit in the pocket. Asking a rookie or any other QB to sit behind our current line would be just as suicidal as keeping Bulger.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Now - Now

I realize you thought your post was profound, but, to be brutally honest, your stupid gibberish is where I drew my inspiration from.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I say go offensive line, we haven't really addressed it , in like, 3 yrs.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Now - Now

I realize you thought your post was profound, but, to be brutally honest, your stupid gibberish is where I drew my inspiration from.
    YouTube - Bobby Vinton - Let's Kiss and Make Up (1962)
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Ok, fine. Who do you suppose should be our starting QB? Rex Grossman will be a free agent this year. Or David Carr? How about Alex Smith?

We certainly can't use the #2 pick on a QB, not when we'll have $15million or so tied up in paying Bulger's signing bonus. Also, are you planning on replacing Green and Berlin as well? That'll take more money as well.

We need to build an offensive line. Bulger was a very good QB when the line actually gave him time to sit in the pocket. Asking a rookie or any other QB to sit behind our current line would be just as suicidal as keeping Bulger.

Alex Smith sounds really good. He has small hands that make him fumble too much, isn't accurate, he's a product of Urban Meyer...

Just what we're all looking for in a franchise QB.

And yep, if Bulger actually had protection, he would be a solid QB. Too bad not many people see that our o-line and our other positions on the offense contribute to the production or our QB.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

At the end of 2007 season, I said the Rams ought go into rebuild mode, starting with the o-line via the draft, and pick up key defensive players to fix the needs there.

Linehan and company failed miserably.

The Rams are lucky in that they have key personal at skill possitions pretty much taken care of and will not have to go through the KC Chiefs rout interms of a rebuild. Even if the Rams do rebuild the line, its assumed it will take a season to get it to function effectively....so taking that into account, the Rams need a speedy small RB to compliment S. Jackson for a season to mix up the rushing schemes and offer more blocking protection for Bulger and secondary targets for passing--ought to free up Holt and other wideouts for long to medium passing plays

blood85 is offline Registered User

I thought they already had a compliment with Pittman...