Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Are the Rams in need of a WRs coach now?

If so...........Isaac Bruce!

Semper Fi!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Are the Rams in need of a WRs coach now?

Okay, really burning up the Clan with this tread.

Well, so what. Apparently some others are thinking like Richbert.

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    01/20/2010

With the departure of Charlie Baggett to the University of Tennessee, the Rams currently have an opening for a wide receivers coach on Steve Spagnuolo's staff.

Longtime Rams wide receiver great Isaac Bruce is interested in the possibility of filling that vacancy, if the feeling is mutual at Rams Park. Bruce is expected to retire after 16 seasons catching passes in the NFL, 14 of them with the Rams.

League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday that Bruce is willing to discuss the position with the Rams, assuming that there is genuine interest from the Rams in hiring him. Bruce has stated on several occasions his affection for the Rams' franchise and the city of St. Louis. He was genuinely touched by the scoreboard tribute to him played at the end of the Rams' season finale against San Francisco. His mother was even in attendance for the game, perhaps a telling sign that that was his last NFL game.

If Bruce were to work anywhere as a receivers coach, St. Louis would be the place, according to the sources. Naturally, he'd have to see if it were a good fit between himself, Spagnuolo, and the Rams' staff and front office. It's possible, too, that Spagnuolo might want an experienced coach to handle a young Rams receiver corps.

I really think this would be a fantastic thing for the young RAMs WRs. Not only has Bruce run great routes, showed great hands and lived as a consumate proffessional, these arae qualities he can teach and coach, on the field if necessary, even demonstrate if necessary, to help Robinson, Avery, Gibson, Foster & Burton reach their potential.

This, like picking Suh, is a nobrainer.
    Semper Fi!

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Are the Rams in need of a WRs coach now?

Agreed, and IMO there haven't been too many things that Rams fans have to complain about in regards to the rebuilding process. If Bruce has in fact asked if the desire is mutual, and the FO says no thanks, I believe that may be the first thing they do to raise some serious questions. I know I would be a bit concerned. I can't imagine a better WR coach that Bruce.