Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ramsfan1219 is offline Registered User

Rams new head coach should be...

Well, unless Hasltt goes crazy and they manage to go 10-6 and win the NFC West (don't worry, im not high right now, its not gonna happen, lol), i think in January we need a tough guy with experience in defense as well as a guy who has proven he can be a winner. You might be thinking that i will say cower or shotty, but u would be wrong. Brian Billick would be the best fit. Cower would be great, but i doubt he wants to go to a disfunctional team like the rams. Also,he likes CBS and he retired after finally winning the super bowl. I dont think he wants to coach anymore, i dont kno why people think he will, but w/e. Shottenhimer would be cool, but hes never one a damn playoff game, and hes already 63 years old. I really like Billick because he won a super bowl with the worst QB in Trent Dilfer. He can make changes that will toughen this team. Plus, Ray Lewis and Terrel Suggs are both free agents in the 2009 offseason. HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE, HA? What does everyone else think?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Rams new head coach should be...

I think it never ceases to amaze me that people say we shouldn't get a coach because he's never won a playoff game. Let's get to them before we start worrying about winning them.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I think I am done deciphering text speech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

There are several guys people are throwing out there who I definitely DO NOT want as our head coach next year:

1) Jim Haslett- For reasons which by this time have been well documented. Have him finish out the season and cut the cord.
    2) Brian Billick- Arrogant and smug, Billick's offenses with the Ravens were a national cure for insomnia and made Scott Linehan look like Bill Walsh. He caught lightning in a bottle and won on the strength of an unbelievable defense in 2000. His last few seasons w/Baltimore were nothing to write home about.
    3) Jim Fassel- Ran a country club locker room with the Giants and by the end of his tenure had guys questioning his leadership (sound familiar?)-things the Rams absolutely DO NOT need!!
    4) Jimmy Johnson- Took the greatest QB ever in Dan Marino and reduced him to nothing while stubbornly trying to run the ball 25 times a game with chumps like Karim Abdul Jabbar and Sammy Smith.

There are only two guys currently without a coaching job who I'd give the keys to the kingdom: Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfan1219 View Post
    Well, unless Hasltt goes crazy and they manage to go 10-6 and win the NFC West (don't worry, im not high right now, its not gonna happen, lol), i think in January we need a tough guy with experience in defense as well as a guy who has proven he can be a winner. You might be thinking that i will say cower or shotty, but u would be wrong. Brian Billick would be the best fit. Cower would be great, but i doubt he wants to go to a disfunctional team like the rams. Also,he likes CBS and he retired after finally winning the super bowl. I dont think he wants to coach anymore, i dont kno why people think he will, but w/e. Shottenhimer would be cool, but hes never one a damn playoff game, and hes already 63 years old. I really like Billick because he won a super bowl with the worst QB in Trent Dilfer. He can make changes that will toughen this team. Plus, Ray Lewis and Terrel Suggs are both free agents in the 2009 offseason. HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE, HA? What does everyone else think?
    Brian Billick SUCKS!!!!!!!

He was supposed to be this "offensive guru" when he came from Minnesota Vikings the year they had Randall Cunningham/Randy Moss/Cris Carter/Robert Smith and a great offensive line.

Billick used that great season with the great talent in Minnesota to get the Ravens job. Ozzie Newsome built a great defense and Marvin Lewis coached the great defense and they rode it to a superbowl "in spite of the offense". If Billick gave Newsome insight on offensive players drafted - he would have done a poor job there as well - with Jamaal Lewis the only decent offensive pick they made - also drafted crappy QBs including Kyle Boller.

In Billick's entire tenure at Baltimore, the Ravens never had an offense that was worth a damn - his supposed "expertise". On top of that, he is one arrogant, self-important, SOB.......anybody that would take on Brian Billick as a head coach deserves every bit of future misery that comes their way.

(side note: - that "great" Vikings team with offense coached by Billick got beat in the NFC Championship game in overtime by my beloved "Dirty Birds" from Atlanta after being up by two TDs at halftime......)

Ramsfanbman is offline Registered User

Ok so how many of you are gonna want to kill me after this...... I have been a rams fan since i watched football and have sat back in the bad times grinding my teeth and jumping for joy in the good times. tough play off losses i would clap for my team and now its Bman Bashing Time Here is a list of good things the rams have done
    1. Fired Scott linehan or how ever you spell it
    2. Drafted Long
    3. THATS IT
    ------------------------------------------
    Time for the bad stuff this is gonna be alot longer
    1.Named Hasslet Head Coach for the year YAYAYAYA we wont win a game till we play the falcons at the end of the year unless we get lucky against the whiners at home coming off the bye week we play the Redskins Cowboys and The Patriots Then the Cards sorry guys the Cards are the **** this year even tho they got blown away from farve but with our defense guess what its gonnab e worse because hasslet SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Brought in BIg name People who are BIG TIME OVERRATED LeRoy glover awsome when he played with the cowboys but why do you think they let him go he was old and couldnt hack it. Corey Chavous same thing.
    3. Letting Curtis Leave knowing DAMN WELL that they were gonna get ride of bruce if not last year the next year IDIOTS!!!!!!!! now look who we have Eddie Kennison the guy who cant do crap..... Dante Hall who i havnt seen him do **** but fall down with us... And HOLT WHO THEY DONT GIVE IT TO ENOUGH.
    4.Not GETTING BOLDEN WHEN THEY HAD THE ****ING CHANCE!!!!!!! DREW BENNET SUCKED THE ONLY REASON HE DID ANYTHING GOOD IN TENNESSE IS BECUASE WHO ELSE DO THEY HAVE TO THROW TO!!!!!!!!!!
    5. Shaun Alexander- Still a Free agent what do we need hmmm a 3rd down back jackson cant take the whole game. you know how when trent green moved the ball around and other people had good gains on carrys besides him he finally broke 100 yards rushing and got a tuchdown yeah that was good GET SHAUN ALEXANDER!!!!
    6. How the hell are we supposed to win a championship with our defense which is almost all over 30. OLD PEOPLE CANT TACKLE
    7. This one pisses me off the most what was our REASON for failing to win last year.... our offensive line was hurt right yeah what did we waste our offseason doing PIcking up old guys who dont tackle... your gonna waste money then waste it on a old guy who can block you freaking tards
    8. Firing mike martz and not asking him to step down to Offensive Coordinator..... look what he did with the lions he got there offense rolling. dont get me wrong they blew balls becuase they have a crappy team but look what he is doing with the whiners guys come one get him back to atleast be the play caller damn

sorry for this i just needed to vent oooo and i think our coach for next year need to be bill parcells..... look what he did in dallas nothing right well look who molded the team to what it is now

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

mann i have been missing martz since the day we signed linehan our offense will never be the same again
    Torry Holt Dont play that

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

we going to get better
    Torry Holt Dont play that

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfan1219 View Post

The fact that Mety hasnt won a play-off game shouldnt be an issue because he has a proven rebuild and win track record.

If Marty gets the nod, then when we get to the play-offs, thats when we start worrying about the play-offs.

hoosierdaddy is offline Registered User

i want lane kiffin.

crazyl3gs is offline Registered User

When are people going to learn that the Dennis Green branch of the Bill Walsh coaching tree should be left where it currently is... in the unemployment line. The only two that look to be worth their salt are the two youngest (as far as tenure in coaching) which are Mike Smith and Jack Del Rio. But for either of those you also have the slew of guys taht make you want to beat your head against a wall: Green, Billick, Mike Tice, and our beloved Linny.

Yes, Dungy was a DC under Green as well, but he'd also been developed as a positional coach and assistant under Chuck Noll, who I'm inclined to believe was more influential than Green. If we're gonna pull anyone from the Walsh tree to tab as a Rams HC, I'd be more inclined to look to Marc Trestman (from the George Siefert branch, which has been arguably the most successful in producing quality coaching) or (and I'll get slammed for this) Marty Mornhinweg from the Holmgren branch. Still, I feel there are better options than them out there though.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

First, some thoughts on some of the coaches suggested:

• Bill Cowher - Good coach, but as others have mentioned, he probably won't come back to the game unless the situation is appealing to him.
    • Jim Fassel - He does have a Super Bowl appearance under his belt, and that's something. His record is pretty mixed, though, and I think we do need someone who is going to push our guys to be all they can be. Fassel might not be that guy.
    • Marty Schottenheimer - Sixth all-time in career wins behind Shula, Halas, Landry, Lambeau, and Noll. I don't need to tell you that is great company to be in. His playoff record isn't the best, but not many coaches have made it to the playoffs as many times. I'd be willing to give him a chance to finally get that Super Bowl ring with us. He ought to be on our short list
    • Brian Billick - I think his offensive prowess is overrated, but his job as a head coach is underrated. He has a Super Bowl ring, a .556 career winning percentage, and a .625 winning percentage in the playoffs. I don't think you can ever give all the credit to the coordinators.
    • Jim Haslett - I have to give him some credit for what he did when he was in New Orleans. He never achieved that much with the Saints, but that team played tough every game. The players bought into what he wanted to do then, and our players seem to be behind him now. What the man needs is talent to work with. He's not a sure thing, but I think he exemplifies a lot of attributes you want in a leader.

And because somebody had to say something <sigh>...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfanbman View Post
    1.Named Hasslet Head Coach for the year YAYAYAYA we wont win a game till we play the falcons at the end of the year unless we get lucky against the whiners at home coming off the bye week we play the Redskins Cowboys and The Patriots Then the Cards sorry guys the Cards are the **** this year even tho they got blown away from farve but with our defense guess what its gonnab e worse because hasslet SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Considering the unlikelihood that we could convince anyone who expects to be in high demand at the end of the season to come in on a provisional basis not knowing the personnel on the team in depth or having the time to implement a new offensive or defensive system, who would you have preferred? This is not a good time of year to try to attract high profile coaches.

2. Brought in BIg name People who are BIG TIME OVERRATED LeRoy glover awsome when he played with the cowboys but why do you think they let him go he was old and couldnt hack it. Corey Chavous same thing.
    We brought them in on the cheap, and they were still upgrades over what we had at the time. Glover is old and not the elite player he once was, but he has still been one of our most productive defensive linemen. He has put up 11.5 sacks for us in the last two years from an interior tackle position. That's pretty good. We needed some veteran leadership to help guide our younger players, and we got it without breaking the bank. Maybe Chavous isn't good enough at this point in his career to be starting, but then our mistake is not having anyone better than him on the roster to take that starting position.

3. Letting Curtis Leave knowing DAMN WELL that they were gonna get ride of bruce if not last year the next year IDIOTS!!!!!!!! now look who we have Eddie Kennison the guy who cant do crap..... Dante Hall who i havnt seen him do **** but fall down with us... And HOLT WHO THEY DONT GIVE IT TO ENOUGH.
    I'll give you that one. The handling of the situation with Curtis and then Bruce demonstrated a surprising lack of foresight.

4.Not GETTING BOLDEN WHEN THEY HAD THE ****ING CHANCE!!!!!!! DREW BENNET SUCKED THE ONLY REASON HE DID ANYTHING GOOD IN TENNESSE IS BECUASE WHO ELSE DO THEY HAVE TO THROW TO!!!!!!!!!!
    Anquan Boldin has never hit free agency. When exactly did we have a chance? When he was saying he wanted to be traded, and the Cardinals were telling him that wasn't going to happen? They're not going to trade a Pro Bowl receiver unless they can get a king's ransom for him.

6. How the hell are we supposed to win a championship with our defense which is almost all over 30. OLD PEOPLE CANT TACKLE
    Of our starting defenders, Leonard Little and Corey Chavous are the only two over 30. Long, Carriker, Ryan, Culberson, Hill, and Atogwe, and Bartell are still playing on their rookie contracts.

8. Firing mike martz and not asking him to step down to Offensive Coordinator..... look what he did with the lions he got there offense rolling. dont get me wrong they blew balls becuase they have a crappy team but look what he is doing with the whiners guys come one get him back to atleast be the play caller damn
    I'll let you in on a little secret: Mike Martz has a little bit of an ego. Getting someone to accept a demotion is never easy, especially when he doesn't get along with management anyway. It's a nice idea in theory, but I can't imagine he would have gone for it.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -10-01-2008 at 12:11 AM.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Ok so how many of you are gonna want to kill me after this...... I have been a rams fan since i watched football and have sat back in the bad times grinding my teeth and jumping for joy in the good times. tough play off losses i would clap for my team and now its Bman Bashing Time Here is a list of good things the rams have done
    1. Fired Scott linehan or how ever you spell it
    2. Drafted Long
    3. THATS IT
    ------------------------------------------
    5. Shaun Alexander- Still a Free agent what do we need hmmm a 3rd down back jackson cant take the whole game. you know how when trent green moved the ball around and other people had good gains on carrys besides him he finally broke 100 yards rushing and got a tuchdown yeah that was good GET SHAUN ALEXANDER!!!!
    7. This one pisses me off the most what was our REASON for failing to win last year.... our offensive line was hurt right yeah what did we waste our offseason doing PIcking up old guys who dont tackle... your gonna waste money then waste it on a old guy who can block you freaking tards

sorry for this i just needed to vent oooo and i think our coach for next year need to be bill parcells..... look what he did in dallas nothing right well look who molded the team to what it is now
    nevermind caligirl, this one was quite a challenge

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

How about Steve Marriucci?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

ive coached my way to a superbowl on madden when ive limited myself to only using the draft or free agent rookies

i should at least have an interview

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast