throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams Notes: Tinoisamoa has ankle ailment

By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/11/2007

Linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, who last year missed five games and was hampered in several others by a series of injuries, is back in sick bay. Tinoisamoa sprained his right ankle early in the fourth quarter of the Rams' 27-13 loss to Carolina on Sunday.

Tinoisamoa returned to the game briefly, but he was on crutches Monday.

"He'll be day-to-day this week," coach Scott Linehan said. "It's not a high ankle sprain."

Tackle Orlando Pace's season-ending shoulder injury was the bleakest news from the season opener. Wide receiver Drew Bennett (thigh) and defensive end Victor Adeyanju (knee) should be back after sitting out Sunday. Guard Richie Incognito's high ankle sprain could keep him out another week.

HONOR ROLL

Free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe collected a team-high 10 tackles and was named the Rams' defensive player of the week. Tight end Randy McMichael, who had two catches for 24 yards and blocked effectively, was the honoree on offense. Brandon Chillar and Todd Johnson shared the special-teams award.

BAD TACKLING

Poor tackling, which plagued the Rams last season, was a problem again Sunday. Linehan promised that the issue was being addressed.

"It can be taught and is being taught," he said. "You have to tackle well all the time, but when you don't tackle well against good backs like (the Panthers) have, you get exposed. We're working very hard at that; we're just not there yet."

CARRIKER CORNER

Tackle Adam Carriker, the Rams' first-round draft pick, had just two stops, but Linehan declared it a successful debut.

"It wasn't perfect, but he played very stout in there with great effort," he said. "It was a very good start for him."

A GOOD TEST

On the heels of Carolina's 186-yard rushing outburst, San Francisco's Frank Gore — the NFC's leading rusher last year — is coming to town. Gore pounded out 261 yards in the two games vs. the Rams in 2006.

"He's got great lower-body strength," Haslett said. "This will be a good test to see if we can knock him back, if we can create situations where it'll be second-and-long and third-and-long."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Notes: Tinoisamoa has ankle ailment

How many years, that's right years are we going to read about bad tackling????

This is after all, t-a-c-k-l-e football, no?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

"It can be taught and is being taught," he said. "You have to tackle well all the time, but when you don't tackle well against good backs like (the Panthers) have, you get exposed. We're working very hard at that; we're just not there yet."
    This just sounds scary to me. I can see tweaks and adjustments, but teaching? At this point?? We've got guys like Little, Glover, Hall, Pisa, Spoon, Draft, Chillar, Chavous, and we're not there yet?? Gulp.....

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Great. The Rams can't tackle. Now that's news. What is particularly alarming about this is how much the *****' and Cardinals' defenses seem to have improved if that Monday night game is any indication.

It seems to me the biggest thing that needs to change is mentality or as Payton put it when he went to New Orleans, "team culture". No matter what the guys say off the field, they don't play like they expect to win anymore.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -09-11-2007 at 02:26 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hey, Tinoisamoa better get better (please get well Pisa), or else I'll offer my services!

LB grunt, 6-1, 248. And no one escapes my grip.

helorm341 Guest

Wow, Pisa is hurt?! What a surprise!

RealRam is offline Registered User

This is how some players (whatever the sport) fade then disappear. Too many injuries during their early or mid career.

I hope PT is not one of them. :\

jkramsfan Guest

I have a real problem with the so called "players of the game" WE LOST, there are no players of the game, when we win great, have your game balls and all that good stuff,but in such a team sport don't reward individuals when the TEAM plays like crap, sorry just a little disgusted with the tackling and play of the defense,but we have talked about that for many months now.enough already