throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rams now drafting second.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Re: Rams now drafting second.

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    I am hoping we find ourselves a Micheal Orr or a Desean Jackson with those picks.

So is the AFC South the new NFC West?
    Depends on which NFC West you're talking about.
    The NFC West when only one team was good and even then they weren't that strong and the division was the laughing stock? I don't think so.
    If you mean a couple years ago when our division winner was 7-9, only to have it as it is now and all four teams can be competitive. I think yes.

There is a lot of talent on Houston, Indianapolis and Tennessee. I think in two years they'll be the same as us where no team in the division is an easy mark on a schedule.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I really think Hundley and Bridgewater will end up going in Top 3 and Clowney will be available...

I am sure there is trade Chris Long talk on the way if Clowney is an option, but I think this is trade down territory that can round out our roster for a playoff roster.....

i really can't wait for this draft because there are 6-10 impact WRs at the top....its gonna be a good one
    Chris Long?...... there are other players Id rather see traded or cut than him.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    We definitely need at least one stud WR. Forget about Chris Givens, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis. It's time to pull the trigger on a top 10 WR who is more of a natural WR than Tavon Austin.
    Hehe and yet many want to give more time for these guys to develop.....
    I do think Givens is fine. He's definately not a #1WR, but in a pass happy league, wher 4 wideouts are common, I like him as 3 and Austin as a 4.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

No matter how tomorrow's game ends up, we are at 2 and 14 after this week.

We have the 3rd or 4th toughest schedule over all, and BY FAR the toughest schedule of teams in our W/L/T range.

It is not likely to happen, MAN do I hope it does, but we would pick as high as 22 if we finish 8-8.

gap

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I really think Hundley and Bridgewater will end up going in Top 3 and Clowney will be available...

I am sure there is trade Chris Long talk on the way if Clowney is an option, but I think this is trade down territory that can round out our roster for a playoff roster.....

i really can't wait for this draft because there are 6-10 impact WRs at the top....its gonna be a good one
    Or we could draft him Clowney) and dramatically improve our D. If a team really wants to give up the farm for Clowney then we should listen. If not, then I wouldn't mind seeing Clowney in horns. Talk about depth ..

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Or we could draft him Clowney) and dramatically improve our D. If a team really wants to give up the farm for Clowney then we should listen. If not, then I wouldn't mind seeing Clowney in horns. Talk about depth ..
    I like the idea of a Quinn, Clowney, Long, and Hayes pash rush, but I'm not sure taking that route would be practical unless we traded Long or Hayes. It doesn't make much sense to spend a top 3 pick on a guy who won't play a majority of the snaps. Especially when we have other glaring holes on the team. I don't think we will get enough in return for either DE. I'd be open to the idea of Snead shopping Long, but I doubt that happens unless they fall in love with Clowney.

I'd definitely be open to a trade down as well. Last two times we traded down in the first we ended up with Brockers and Tree, lets keep the dice rollin'!

One things for sure, the Rams will be all over the place with their picks on draft day. The last two years have been a lot of fun to watch them manipulate the draft exactly how they wanted to.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -12-16-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12