Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By richtree
  • 1 Post By richtree
  • 3 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By RebelYell

Thread: The Rams Offense can be summed up in two words -- Laurent Robinson

richtree is offline Registered User

The Rams Offense can be summed up in two words -- Laurent Robinson

Laurent Robinson is a nice player (not spectacular in any way) but has good hands and a bigger body to succeed.

The Rams should use the Cowboys mold to build an offense in the same fashion.

I think Sam Bradford could easily be as good, if not better than Tony Romo.

Steven Jackson needs the young compliementary RB the way Felix Jones has D. Murray.

Secondly, look at this offensive line:

B-day Today Days Age
    T Free 01.16.84 09.11.11 10,100 27.7
    G Nagy 10.26.87 09.11.11 8,721 23.9
    C Costa 07.11.87 09.11.11 8,828 24.2
    G Kosier 11.27.78 09.11.11 11,976 32.8
    T Smith 12.12.90 09.11.11 7,578 20.7
    25 years, 10 months, 5 days 9,441 25.8

Tyron Smith just turned 21 this week and will be a beast for years.
    Two things stand out. Youth and depth. The Rams need to address all 3 spots on the offensive line. Tackle, Center, and Guard with players that will stay for awhile.

Then we could have Laurent Robinson running 45 yards posts as well. Cowboys found undrafted Costa.

** Hudson Houck is the Offensive Line and Running Attack coach for the Cowboys. He powered the Rams when Jackie Slater was around. He is getting old, but the importance of having a coach that really knows how to get the most of the Oline is critical in today's NFL.

Kendricks looks like as the season goes on, he is less intrigued with blocking.....
    We need to address the offensive line as priority #1 or we will never be above .500.

Our needs(no order) -- T, G, C, RB2, OLB, DT, offensive athlete, defensive athlete in Secondary.

If you can find an athlete that fits a need that makes things better. 7 or 8 players can greatly change the team. That makes Free Agency this season the most important ever.

I think McDaniels is off to KC and Spags fired off to Philly for Defense.

Maybe next year...........again.
    RockinRam likes this.

Re: The Rams Offense can be summed up in two words -- Laurent Robinson

3 things to note:

#1 Sam Bradford is very good. Any team that needs a QB would be dying to get him. If you think he is a bad player you really don't understand NFL football.

#2 Our offensive line woes does not discount the need for athletes on this team.

#3 If coaching / FO changes will be made this season, please do so immediatly.
    BrokenWing likes this.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I agree with the 3 notes, & the sad thing for me I thought we had a pretty decent line going into this year, now it looks like we need to replace 2/3 of it and be on the look out for quality backups. This line has to be the most disappointing part of the team this year. Poor play, injuries and just a true lack of confidence & being dominated at the point of attack, always on their heels. It makes me believe they have quit on the coaches. Can they really be this bad?

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    #1 Sam Bradford is very good. Any team that needs a QB would be dying to get him. If you think he is a bad player you really don't understand NFL football.
    Sam was very good for last season. This season has not been very good at all. So, I would say that Sam has the POTENTIAL to be a very good QB. He desperately needs a great QB coach.

[QUOTE=richtree;408059]#2 Our offensive line woes does not discount the need for athletes on this team.[QUOTE]

True, we need more athletes. However, if we don't fix the o-line, we won't be able to utilize their talents anyway. Good offenses or defenses are made by the lines. If you don't understand that, you really don't understand NFL football.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    #3 If coaching / FO changes will be made this season, please do so immediatly.
    Just firing Spags at this point will do little to resolve our issues. McD is calling the offensive plays. So, elevating him to head Coach won't change the bone headed play calling. I really wouldn't want McD to be HC anyway (see Denver Broncos). Waiting until after the last game of the season is fine. Firing Spags any sooner would just be to placate angry fans.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

[QUOTE=Truth;408064]Sam was very good for last season. This season has not been very good at all. So, I would say that Sam has the POTENTIAL to be a very good QB. He desperately needs a great QB coach.

I really think you are wrong. If you put Sam Bradford on the Texans, Bears, or Chargers I 100% believe he would be a success. I do think he has some needs to work on, but I feel he will be ready next year. A QB could elevate Sam to the Elite level once the team is built around him, but he is not the problem at all.

punahou is offline Registered User

"Kendricks looks like as the season goes on, he is less intrigued with blocking....."

Are you sure this isnt supposed to be- as the season goes on he is less intrigued with playing - period.

"We need to address the offensive line as priority #1 or we will never be above .500."

Or could it be our offensive line coach(es) haved been, well Offensive?

Truth is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=richtree;408065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Sam was very good for last season. This season has not been very good at all. So, I would say that Sam has the POTENTIAL to be a very good QB. He desperately needs a great QB coach.

I really think you are wrong. If you put Sam Bradford on the Texans, Bears, or Chargers I 100% believe he would be a success. I do think he has some needs to work on, but I feel he will be ready next year. A QB could elevate Sam to the Elite level once the team is built around him, but he is not the problem at all.
    I didn't say he was bad. I said he needs work. And he does. Would he play better with the Chargers or Texans? Probably, their O- lines are significantly better than ours. As for Chicago, their O-line is almost as bad as ours at this point. So, I think Sam would have trouble there as well.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

The number of posts throughout the board basically absolving Bradford of any blame for this season is a joke. While he has certainly not been helped by his line and his receivers, to blame all of his woes on the failures of others is both ridiculous and flat out wrong. How is Cam Newton putting up numbers in Carolina on a bad team? How is Tebow winning with little more than a wing and a prayer? How does a guy I've never heard of, T.J. Yates, go on the road with Houston and win in Cincinnati? How is another guy I've never heard of, Andy Dalton have 7 wins with Cincinnati? How is Ben Roethlisberger productive week after week with a HORRENDOUS offensive line that has gotten him nearly killed? How is John Skelton- JOHN SKELTON- 5-1 this season? How is Seattle winning with Tavaris Jackson?

Some of Bradford's troubles are beyond his control. But quite a bit falls on his shoulders, and as soon as people acknowledge that, we can take these debates seriously. These hypotheticals are silly and can't be proven or disproven, so why bother?

Cam Newton seems like a freak player that will be great....BUT NJRamsFan1 WOULD YOU HONESTLY TAKE YATES,DALTON, SKELTON OVER BRADFORD TO START NEXT SEASON..........

Nobody would....that shows there are other factors to blame...

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    The number of posts throughout the board basically absolving Bradford of any blame for this season is a joke. While he has certainly not been helped by his line and his receivers, to blame all of his woes on the failures of others is both ridiculous and flat out wrong. How is Cam Newton putting up numbers in Carolina on a bad team? How is Tebow winning with little more than a wing and a prayer? How does a guy I've never heard of, T.J. Yates, go on the road with Houston and win in Cincinnati? How is another guy I've never heard of, Andy Dalton have 7 wins with Cincinnati? How is Ben Roethlisberger productive week after week with a HORRENDOUS offensive line that has gotten him nearly killed? How is John Skelton- JOHN SKELTON- 5-1 this season? How is Seattle winning with Tavaris Jackson?

Some of Bradford's troubles are beyond his control. But quite a bit falls on his shoulders, and as soon as people acknowledge that, we can take these debates seriously. These hypotheticals are silly and can't be proven or disproven, so why bother?

I wholeheartedly agree. I used some of the same names in earlier post. Bradford, while not getting much support has done little to step up and take over game. The ones mentioned above have. I like Sam, think he has great upside but he has been unproductive this year and not all of that falls on the folks around him.

punahou is offline Registered User

Dalton-- yes

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Dalton-- yes
    You think Andy Dalton will have a better career than Sam Bradford ?????????????????

That is nuts punahou ---- people just don't understand.....(sigh)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

All I want is a guy that wins....is that too to ask?!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I think a Dallas type of offense would be much better suited to the talent on this Rams team. The offensive line needs to be addressed though, in a severe way.

Josh McD needs to go for sure. I think he looked good due to Brady's competence, not his own ability. He doesn't know how to adjust.
    Semper Fi!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Bradford is a great QB playing poorly. He's panicking when there is a blitz, that's by far his largest problem and it has developed this year.

Sam was injured game 1 with a nerve injury in this throwing hand. The prognosis at the time was that it could impact his ability to grip the ball and throwing accuracy. Think that might impact his play a little? He sprained his ankle a few weeks later and is still dealing with it?

If it makes you feel better about your opinion to ignore all factors that might impact your decision making process, good luck with that.

Robinson would have played as well in St. Louis as he has in Dallas if he had stayed healthy AND Bradford weren't hurt.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.