Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Rams with only $3 million in cap room per FOX Sports

this makes no sense. Isn't the cap going up 7 mil. If fox is right that would mean we would have -3 mil and i'm prety sure we don't have that little

itsguud is offline Registered User

Can we drop Bennett instead of Bruce?

mdram is offline Registered User

I thought that was the strong point of zagnut. Sounds like he screwed that up to.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Askthecommish.com has us a little over 9mil under the cap and with 45 players still under contract. Those figures are from the end of 2007, but I'd think we're closer to that number than 3 million. Besides, there's tons that the FO can do to get more cap money. Firstly, make roster bonuses signing bonuses. Second, renegotiate contracts. Third, heavily backload contracts that we have no intention to finish out... oh, wait, that's what the Skins do each year and they're OVER the cap.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

No Newengland will have alot more than they should.. 2 yeaars ago washington was over the cap bad, and still managed to sign 3 or 4 players to huge contracts. newengland may not have alot now, but they will... THEY WILL.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

How the holly Bejesus does 9ers have 29 million? they waste money like crazy. 80 million for clements over like 8 years. and still got 29 million in cap..

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Hey guys how much would we get if we cut drew? I actually kinda like the guy, but I just think he belongs somewhere else, I also hate the idea of cutting leonard, but I think his time has passed. Bruce shouldn't go anywhere, he still plays at a high level and he played for cheap money earlier to help the rams

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Is Bulger on one of the deals where it's really a 3 year deal and we have the option to pay a signing bonus after 3 years or whatever???

I know that he is not the problem, etc... but just looking ahead in case next season does not go well, I would think we would be looking to pull a Miami and start cutting from the top down and rebuild. (not saying that will happen, but just wondering)

Chris58 is offline Registered User

If Fox Sports can't seem to get Haslett's tenure with the Rams right, maybe they don't have the cap numbers right either. I recall Shaw saying that the Rams would have $8-9 million in cap space.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

We can't cut Bennett so we should stop talking about it, we would take too much of a cap hit. I still think he can do well with us. I think he has a chance of being our number 2 wideout by the time the season begins if he stays healthy. He was hampered by injury most of the year which slowed him down, and he was also a slot guy and lets face it 6-6 not really fast guy in the slot isn't a great fit. That still doesn't excuse his dropped balls, but if he can return to his form in Tennessee he will be a great weapon

PHAT-MONEY Guest

bad year guys. drew was good in a bad titans offense. just wait untill he is all alone with torry holt. with the Offense cranked up to what it should be with al saunders i expect a pro bowl caliber year for our wr's

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    We can't cut Bennett so we should stop talking about it, we would take too much of a cap hit. I still think he can do well with us. I think he has a chance of being our number 2 wideout by the time the season begins if he stays healthy. He was hampered by injury most of the year which slowed him down, and he was also a slot guy and lets face it 6-6 not really fast guy in the slot isn't a great fit. That still doesn't excuse his dropped balls, but if he can return to his form in Tennessee he will be a great weapon

I would have to agree- most of our wide recievers haven't flourished with Linehan calling the plays. They did well once he gave up the duties last year. Let's give Bennett a year under Saunders to see what he does before we label him a failure.

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    Hey guys how much would we get if we cut drew?

"if you cut me do i not bleed?"

Will`Shakes`

Drew is offline Registered User

seriously tho...im glad to see im not totally alone in keeping faith in Drew Bennett for atleast another year,with a proper OC!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Considering that Bennett was hurt for the entire season with a leg injury and we didn't exactly have an offense either, you can't call him a bust. Do I think that we paid him too much like a #2 to be our #3 for a few years, yes, but he'll come into his own, don't worry. Bennett made his living in Tennessee being a tall possession receiver that could out jump the guys on him and then was big enough to break the tackle and get yards after the catch. He did that isolated on the outside on intermediate routes where he had room to run, not in the slot going over the middle 2 yards deep.

P.S. The 83 in my avatar is meant to represent Bennett, not Curtis. Also, is there a I support Bennett available yet?

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    The defense should be better in a second season under coordinator Jim Haslett.
    This is Haslett's third year- not second. Both years have been tremendous disappointments. I was really expecting Haslett to be a better and more aggressive mind, but alas- he has not lived up to expectations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast