Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Rams with only $3 million in cap room per FOX Sports

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    $3 mill... that sounds real low... are they sure they have this right????? I know that we will have more once Little reworks his contarct and Bruce BUT it does sound LOW!!!!

steve:l
    I agree $3 million sounds awfully low. I think that you must factor in the increase in the overall cap that the league will institute, giving all teams more cap room than the currently announced figures.

Having said this we must re-sign certain players at cap-friendly amounts if we are even to hope for a play-off run. Isaac Bruce is amongst them.

Go Rams!:r

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    This is Haslett's third year- not second. Both years have been tremendous disappointments. I was really expecting Haslett to be a better and more aggressive mind, but alas- he has not lived up to expectations.
    I thought he would be more agressive as well. But, to be fair, he really didn't have the personnel to be very agressive. Injuries didn't help on either side of the ball last season.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Even at 9 million we are going to have to restructure to bring any free agent(s) in. With the high picks this year we are probably going to need 7 or 8 just for draft picks this year.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

We have more than 3 mil, we didn't sign anybody as of yet. That's defintely a misprint

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Even at 9 million we are going to have to restructure to bring any free agent(s) in. With the high picks this year we are probably going to need 7 or 8 just for draft picks this year.
    But the rookie salaries are capped anyway. I think it was around 5 last year. Let's say it gets a 10% bump to 5.5 this year. That would leave just 4.5 for FA.

Not a lot to work with.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Thanks Drew Bennett....can't say I blame you for getting all you can....good for you and your agent. However, your salary is wasting away when there is decent O line/D line FA's out there this year and Ike Bruce is about to get cut.

If you really want to get on the fans good side, you better have a Pro Bowl year this year or get the H E L * out of here.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I have the believe that the Rams have a pretty long "restructure list," including Isaac Bruce, Leonard Little, Corey Chavous, Jeff Wilkins and, possibly, Orlando Pace.

Also, the cap will be increased before long, so whatever the number is today, that does not actually reflect the Rams' cap room.

I think the key here is for the Rams to hit on 1 major free agent signing and its first two picks (#2, #33) in the draft. If they can do that and get back some injured players, there's no reason why the Rams can't compete in the NFC West.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Thanks Drew Bennett....can't say I blame you for getting all you can....good for you and your agent. However, your salary is wasting away when there is decent O line/D line FA's out there this year and Ike Bruce is about to get cut.
    If Bruce gets cut, it's not going to be because Drew Bennett is hogging up the salary cap. Bennett's salary is half as much as Ike's, and nearly a dozen Rams currently have higher salary cap figures than Bennett. The Rams have a number of guys on this roster they should look to restructure - Bruce, Little, Glover, Chavous, maybe even Holt - to create more cap room.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If Bruce gets cut, it's not going to be because Drew Bennett is hogging up the salary cap. Bennett's salary is half as much as Ike's, and nearly a dozen Rams currently have higher salary cap figures than Bennett. The Rams have a number of guys on this roster they should look to restructure - Bruce, Little, Glover, Chavous, maybe even Holt - to create more cap room.
    As they say, there is no "I" in "team". Let's see how serious the high salary guys are about helping the Rams win next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123