general counsel is offline Registered User

rams ownership-changes on the horizon

Georgia is clearly near the end. I believe that her failure to show up last week at press conference announcing faulks retirement is a very clear signal of that conclusion. All the other members of the rams front office attended including kroenke and carroll rosenbloom's son steve. This is exactly the kind of high profile event that georgia attended in the past. Since she lives in arizona and the event was held in arizona, its all the more reason to conclude that she is fossilized to the point of uselessness.

John Shaw has been running the team for over 20 years and he continues to do so with Ziggy running the business side on a day to day basis. Kroenke owns 40% of the team and a right of first refusal on georgia's stock.

Georgia of course could live 10 or more years in her current condition or she could be gone tomorrow. There is no telling how long shaw will stay with the team, but i think its safe to say that as long as georgia is alive, he is not going to be fired, if he leaves, it will be his choice.

Once georgia is dead and Kroenke takes over, i believe that we will see a change in the front office and a new direction. I believe that a front line football guy will be hired to run the operation and while i dont think it will effect linehan (or whoever the coach is at the time) if the coach is winning, i think it will end once and for all the infighting in the rams front office. I am not saying that the change will occur overnight, but kroenke is a no nonsense business guy with a real eye for talent who is not going to interfere with the decisions that the professionals make. I think that he will do whatever is needed to help the rams win, more in the arthur blank check mode.

I dont want to wish georgia dead, i am only stating a view regarding what is coming at some point in what is most likely the not too distant future.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: rams ownership-changes on the horizon

Once georgia is dead and Kroenke takes over
    Not that we have access to her will, but do we know who gets her equity upon her passing?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

It is my understanding that he has a right of first refusal on the shares. That means the shares arent likely to be sold to anyone other than kroenke. Could steve rosenbloom become the majority owner as georgia's heir? Possible i guess, but considering that she fired him after she took over the team i dont know how likely that is. Its more likely that the executor of the estate sells the shares to kroenke to distribute the cash.

Of course, i havent seen her will. There is always that chance that Avenger will be named as the primary beneficiary and will immediately give up the practice of law to take over the day to day operations of the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Its more likely that the executor of the estate sells the shares to kroenke to distribute the cash
    I agree, that is the most likely situation. However, if she wants to will her shares to her palm-reader, Zopha the Great......
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Although this article is four years old it does offer hints about the direction of the team should Georgia expire in the near future. I think it is safe to say that Georgia is at least 79 yrs old. And GC -- shame on you -- "its all the more reason to conclude that she is fossilized to the point of uselessness." Wait till you get a couple more decades on you - you young whippersnapper!

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/s...27/story2.html

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Although this article is four years old it does offer hints about the direction of the team should Georgia expire in the near future. I think it is safe to say that Georgia is at least 79 yrs old. And GC -- shame on you -- "its all the more reason to conclude that she is fossilized to the point of uselessness." Wait till you get a couple more decades on you - you young whippersnapper!

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/s...27/story2.html
    Informative article. If I've done my math right, Kroenke turned an $80 Mil investment into roughly $217 Mil. in a little more than a decade. That's a head for business, folks. I gotta say, Kroenke as the majority owner excites me more than some Hollywood screenwriter named "Chip".