Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By zgare
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By clive
  • 5 Post By zgare

Thread: Rams Park Lunch Jan 24th Demoff

zgare is offline Registered User

Rams Park Lunch Jan 24th Demoff

I'm going to a free lunch at Rams Park today because I filled out the Rams survey sent to season ticket holders, and I responded quickly. They did one yesterday too. During lunch, Kevin Demoff answers questions. What questions would you ask? Last year at the event I think that is where I first head that Jackson and Amendola would likely not be back.

I have one primary question: "Will the Rams play the 2015 season in St. Louis?" Pretty simple. Should be an easy YES or NO by now. If they don't say YES directly, I won't know what to think. Either they truly don't know what Stan is planning, or they know and its not good.
    RamDez, AvengerRam, Nick and 2 others like this.

ZGare

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams Park Lunch Jan 24th Demoff

Thanks for including us!

Obviously, there are only certain things he'll respond to (i.e. asking him "who is the top player on the Rams draft board" right now would be pointless).

I'd ask him something like "do you think that Rodger Saffold will wish to test the FA market before re-signing." He won't be able to give a definitive answer, but you might be able to glean from his answer some assessment of the likelihood that we'll be able to lock him in before March 11.

Thanks again.
    Richbert88 and Warner Pride like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Is there any chance that our RAMS will ever wear the Blue & White, White & Blue throwback uniforms during a regular season game?

Thanks!!!!!

clive is offline Registered User

I'd ask if I could get a few snaps....
    laram0 likes this.

Haste is offline Registered User

-Pead, Richardsons and Finnegan's status going forward

-Chances of cap casualties

-Bradford restructure?

-Possibility of reaching out to past Wrs to teach ours during offseason? (T.O , Chad Johnson, etc)

-Anything in place to keep the players from getting into trouble?

zgare is offline Registered User

Saffold.
    Kevin said they thought Saffold liked playing guard. Someone asked if we would make him a franchise player. Kevin said, I think, that at 9 million per year, Rams would likely not franchise or use a transfer?? to keep Saffold by matching. Something like that. I think Kevin said he deserves to try FA and see if anyone will pay Left tackle money as the Rams do. Sounds like they are hoping (guessing?) other teams will not match what the Rams pay.

Rams here in 2015
    I asked Kevin if he can say today that the Rams will be in St. Louis for the 2015 season. He answered that he is 99.86% sure they will be at this time. So I asked when he would know for sure -- like, say, when they mail out our season ticket bills next year? He replied that they would know for sure in the spring of 2015, since they would need to inform the EJ Dome people to get ready.

Bradford Cap Hit
    He said Bradford is about the 14th highest paid QB on an annual basis, and given the good start he had this year, they see him as worth the money they are paying him. They would have preferred Cam Newton's situation if it had come year earlier, but they plan no changes at QB because of the cap. Bradford has 2 years left on the contract. That being said, they are looking for a backup QB in this draft that they can develop behind Bradford. No restructure of Bradford's contract.

Other Notes:
    In 2014 there will be a new sound system in the dome and all new concession vender.
    There are plans to upgrade WiFi and Cell phone service. The NFL is pushing this. May be 2014 or 2015.
    No news whatsoever on new stadium. These things go in fits and starts like Minnesota.
    Kevin polled the audience -- 50% want a lid, 50% want open air. Also 50% want it in the city, 50% in the county. (Kevin prefers open air.)
    Others need to come to the table on the new stadium issue for a regional solution where stadium can be used for a lot more than NFL and monster trucks. Instead do like Indy where they can host a lot more events.
    There will be dynamic pricing for single seats. Higher for Dallas and Denver for instance. (We host Denver and Seattle next year, SB winner.)
    Blue White Uniforms? It will be a few more years 2016 or 17 at the earliest. Takes the NFL 2 years to change.They are considering some kind of uniform change however.

During the discussion, James Laurinaitis walked by. He was wearing a reahab boot, but Kevin joked -- ignore the boot. Fashion statement or something.
    Last edited by zgare; -01-24-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    AvengerRam, Nick, laram0 and 2 others like this.
    ZGare

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Great report! Thanks again!