throwback week

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Talking The Rams part of NFL.com Superbowl possibilities

http://nfl.com/news/story/10286653
    On the positive side the Rams are getting some respect but on the negative side there are 3 teams from the NFC West that are superbowl possibilities......lol, i guess the media has really given up on the Cardinals this year.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Rams part of NFL.com Superbowl possibilities

I think the NFC West is going to be a very tough Division in 2007. I'm not counting anyone out. I do think the Cards will be the weakest of the 4 though.

yellow and blue Guest

i agree that arizona will be the weakest, but it wont be long until both of them are challenging for the first spot in the division.

i can see san fran and detroit as the two biggest surprise teams this year. i can see both going 8-8.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I guess the possibilities will be based on how well we stop the run.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, that's why we got carriker, I just hope he's big enough to clog. Is it against the rules to wear a fat suit?

prof22693 is offline Registered User

I also see the Cards finishing last, but I wouldn't count them out. In fact, many of the people on NFLTA are on the Cardinal bandwagon, but any team has a legitimate shot in this division.

Obviously, we are all pulling for the Rams and I see them coming out on top.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by yellow and blue View Post
    i agree that arizona will be the weakest, but it wont be long until both of them are challenging for the first spot in the division.

i can see san fran and detroit as the two biggest surprise teams this year. i can see both going 8-8.
    San Fran went 7-9 last year and with all the money they spent 8-8 would almost be a disappointment and wouldn't it be much of a surprise if they did go 8-8

And they write that if Alex Smith plays on the same level he did last year then they can win the superbowl?

helorm341 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    San Fran went 7-9 last year and with all the money they spent 8-8 would almost be a disappointment and wouldn't it be much of a surprise if they did go 8-8

And they write that if Alex Smith plays on the same level he did last year then they can win the superbowl?
    I think he's saying that if Smith takes a small step foward in his development like young QBs should if they're going to be good then they have a chance at a Superbowl. Turner is a great QB coach and a lot of people credited Smith's sucess to Turner and say he'll be screwed without him. Smith really didn't have a bad year last year for his age, he just need to limit his interceptions and fumbles, that would be a big step foward for him.

I think Arizona could have a better chance then the ***** if Leinart takes a big step foward. He's gotten a ton of hype (he loves the media and so the media loves him too) for a mediocore year. He needs to live up to his hype for the Cardinals to have a real chance at playoffs.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

It would seem that San Francisco has a better chance of not being able to parlay their surprise improvement last year and I could see them doing the same, if not worse. Just because anything can happen.

I don't think the Cardinals have as much of a chance of doing worse than last year. Would seem that the talent has been there and they have a lot to build on, so should be at least as good.

And our wost case scenario, most likely both are a little improved from last year, as are we, so where does that put us?

suhpr3me Guest

I honestly see the Rams at the top of our division this year. The Whiners and Cards have proven nothing, and the media will never in the world convince me that this year or the next year is THEIR year. They are not convincing me that they have a chance unless they prove other wise. But as for the Seachickens, true they've been the division leaders for way too long. We have been right on their bottoms and this year we're taken over. GO RAMS