r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams Place Ryan On IR

Rams place Ryan on IR

By BILL COATS
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Clifton Ryan, the St. Louis Rams' fourth-year defensive tackle out of Michigan State, has been placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

Ryan has been sidelined since the season opener because of migraine headaches. He'd appeared close to coming back a couple of times, only to suffer a setback.

Ryan's spot on the roster went to veteran safety Michael Lewis, who was signed as a free agent.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Place Ryan On IR

What a bizarre turn of events. There must be more to this then what is being made available.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Has Ryan had a history of concussions?

*Unasked, but also evident question-Does he have CTE?*

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

a blow for us..but far more importantly i hope Clifton can get well soon...if anyone is thinking "oh,it`s only a headache,he should man up" etc... you`ve obviously never had migraines...i`ve had them and i`ve also fractured my skull and i felt pretty much the same during both.

i`ve sent him a messege of best wishes and understanding anyway..hope it can help him in some way however small and that the medical peeps can get to the root of this and help him get better..

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Way back when I suffered a couple of concussions, and for the next year or two I had "migraines". Now I put migraines in quotes because what I experienced was not what most people think of when they hear migraines. These are not simply headaches that a couple Excedrin will take care of. No these migraines were debilitating. I would experience tingling and numbing on the left side of my body- like my arm was falling asleep, would have the typical terrible headache, couldn't stand being in bright light, would have to lay down all day, and would relish the times I would throw up- briefly relieving the built up pressure in my head.

I'm praying for Clif, one of my favorite Rams (hey the guy plays my old position and has my first name, whats not to like?). And hope these migraines don't continually hinder him. And before people start thinking this could be career threatening, from my experience, you can overcome them. I tore my ACL a year after I had my concussion, and I believe the year off of football really helped my recovery from the migraines. Once in a blue moon I will have one of my episodes, but we are talking twice in six years.

Of course this is just my experience, and could have nothing to do with what Clif is going through, but lets not scoff and say play through it, head injuries are serious, not something you can numb, tape up, and play with.

So here's to a healthy recovery and long and productive career for Clifton Ryan.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Migraines are a serious medical condition. I get them myself, and mine actually cause blindness. So I know what he is going through. I hope they can find the proper treatment or medications.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

I wonder if this means the end of Ryan's career as a Ram? His contract expires this year, unless I'm mistaken, and a recurring ailment such as this isn't a positive when it comes to a new deal.

Whether or not he stays with us, I wish Clifton a full and speedy recovery.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    I wonder if this means the end of Ryan's career as a Ram? His contract expires this year, unless I'm mistaken, and a recurring ailment such as this isn't a positive when it comes to a new deal.
    i`ve thought about that too,i guess until they get to the root of the migraines it`s very much up in the air. but if they don`t by the time they have to make a decision to re-sign him or let him walk then i think he will leave. he`s a solid player,with no character flaws..but i wouldn`t put him in the category of players we would re-sign even with unresolved health issues due to their talent level.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I have had migraines before and they are not something that you can work through. I am surprised that they have not found him some medicine to stop them.

I hope they find some way to control them for Ryan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]