throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Rams players draft petition to keep Haslett

ESPN reporting that the Rams players have submitted a petition to Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom to keep Jim Haslett as Head Coach for next season. I would certainly hope Rosenbloom is smart enough to not be fooled into giving this any creedence whatsoever. Kind of like a kid giving Santa a Christmas list after he's been rotten all year. What the Rams players want is irrelevant; it is their collective awful play over the past two seasons that has gotten one coach fired, another one on the verge of being fired and the team President and GM relieved of their duties.

You'd think if a group of guys wanted to keep a coach badly enough, they'd have played with a little more fire and found a way to win even ONE ball game in the last 9 weeks.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Re: Rams players draft petition to keep Haslett

I am undecided with Haslett.

Some games look good and others look horrific, but there remains one constant....... We find a way to lose every week.

If Haslett were to stay, the first move he should make is to sack Al "We've only got 4 plays" Saunders. I dont think he has been given a fair crack of the whip as it is still Loserhans team.

Do we give him a chance and risk another poor season......... Well, I;m sure glad I dont have to make that decision

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    ESPN reporting that the Rams players have submitted a petition to Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom to keep Jim Haslett as Head Coach for next season. I would certainly hope Rosenbloom is smart enough to not be fooled into giving this any creedence whatsoever. Kind of like a kid giving Santa a Christmas list after he's been rotten all year. What the Rams players want is irrelevant; it is their collective awful play over the past two seasons that has gotten one coach fired, another one on the verge of being fired and the team President and GM relieved of their duties.

You'd think if a group of guys wanted to keep a coach badly enough, they'd have played with a little more fire and found a way to win even ONE ball game in the last 9 weeks.

They may not have the talent to win, it might be that simple. While I find the petition interesting, I would rather know how many signed it (if all didn't) and who didn't sign it if it was not everybody. One thing it does show me is there is a majority of players who think the same, and that to me shows leadership. Something I think that Linnyhan was seriously missing.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I just don't know what to say about this...this is just sad (that the team would have to do this) but a good sign of team togetherness....wish it would translate onto the field though.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

This can't be the deciding factor.

Players may like a coach who makes their lives easier, even if they are losing.

The Giants' players were ready to mutiny against Tom Coughlin, who they thought was too hard on them -- that is, until they started winning.

bigredman Guest

When we were third and nine on the ten yard line and we go into a three tight end set and throw into the flat to Jackson...I not only blame Saunders for such lousy play calling, but Haslett as well. We need a head coach that not only lets his coordinators run their squads, but has the talent and ability to step in even when its not his specialty, but common sense dictates a different call.

That's what Vermeil did with Martz and Smith, and that's why we had the success we had in 1999.

Keenum is offline Registered User

If Haz is back, will be bring back Saunders? If he's not, I've got a bit more support for him.
    Right now I'm just not sure. I do hope we explore our options though before making a choice, be it sticking with Haz, or going after another guy.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This can't be the deciding factor.

Players may like a coach who makes their lives easier, even if they are losing.
    These players went 5-27 for this team and then they have the nerve to petition as to who they want for HC. Who do they think is running this country club that keeps providing them with checks. We could probably fire every one of them on that petition and still manage two wins next year. I want to see what Deveney think is best for the club without the cluster **** of giving people jobs because you like them such as Shaw and Zygmunt the last three decades. We need to do whats best for the organization.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-28-2008 at 05:52 PM.

moloch41 Guest

Yeah, let's have a bunch of losers that have won a grand total of 5 games over the past 2 seasons decide who our next coach should be. Losing 10 in a row is a weird way to show that you want to keep a coach around. Devanney shouldn't even be thinking of Haslett as a long term solution and if the Rams are actually stupid enough to keep, expect a lot more of what we've seen over the past 3 seasons.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

[quote=NJ Ramsfan1;264427] it is their collective awful play over the past two seasons that has gotten one coach fired, another one on the verge of being fired and the team President and GM relieved of their duties./quote]

and to what do you attribute their "awful play" to? I say the awful play directly stems from awful management.

First off, Linehan got himself fired... he flat out sucked.

as for Ziggy and Shaw, their days were numbered the moment Frontiere was pronounced dead. Check out Chip's quotes in the spring and summer... it's plain as day.

I think the "awful play" directly stems from awful management, and I for one, am very glad the FO is getting an overhaul. but to claim the players are the ones that have gotten them all fired is ridiculous. Linny got himself fired, and the "mis" management twins didn't lose the positions they've held for over 20 years just because the team has hit a rut. they've been ousted because the current state of the team is directly attributable to their terrible "football" decisions. i think the players are trying... they've just been dealt a short deck.

that being said, i agree with you regarding the petition. I'm not so sure it should have any bearing on Devaney's, Rosenbloom's, Rodriguez', & Kroenke's ultimate decision.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Great. Let's let a bunch of players who can't even win a football game decide whos our coach. The only way I see that Haslett can come back is if he doesn't bring Saunders with him. Saunders has no playbook. He has several plays on a piece of notebook paper, which he runs over and over again.

The best thing for this organization is to bring in a new coach. Sure the players won't like him at first, but who really cares what a bunch of losers likes? It'll be a matter of time until we start winning, then everyone will like him.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Maybe after going 5-27 the last two years the players should all petition to keep getting a paycheck from the Rams.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm not going to get into it but we need a fresh start, and Haslett shouldn't be apart of that. I'm glad they like the guy and all, but he hasn't really given us a great defense and he didn't prove much this season either. I know we don't have the best players, but my God...

We need a brand new start...I'm sure they'll love the new head coach...in fact, they should love any damn coach we bring in with the money these players get. Let the organization deal with these types of problems...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    If Haz is back, will be bring back Saunders? If he's not, I've got a bit more support for him.
    Right now I'm just not sure. I do hope we explore our options though before making a choice, be it sticking with Haz, or going after another guy.
    I don't see how I think he would have to clean house of the staff, and a major change over of the roster.
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini Guest

We need to change all personnel. The Haz included...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast