throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rams Players Have Copy of Offensive and Defensive Playbook

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Players Have Copy of Offensive and Defensive Playbook

Actually, I'm more concerned with offending Infiniti than Mardy. If you play in the NFL and you're offended by me then somethings wrong. I hope he turns it around. I'm a fan and was quite excited when we got Mardy. Just was expecting a little more .... The point was simply to pick it up a little. Btw, I own a cleaning service for local businesses and continue to write songs even though rock has been dead for 20 years ....

If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Those making these comments about Mardy should be ashamed of yourselves. You know NOTHING about the man. Absolutely pathetic ...
    YES! All those making comments should be ashamed! Especially BrokenWing and Bralidore...well, they did make "comments about Mardy" after all. Shame!! Mardy had 6 catches for 63 yards as a Ram last year, so I guess I do know SOMETHING about the man.

I wonder what some of you do for a living ....
    I work with retarded children. In my spare time I am a proponent of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. It's the one that protects my freedom of speech. You can find out more about the First Amendment at your local library.

I guess for some people living outside the U.S. it is hard to conceive of a society in which a person is legally permitted to say mean hurtful things on purpose. If I made false statements that damaged a persons reputation, I would be committing slander, but nothing is stopping me from saying Mardy sucks at pro football.

Furthermore, I reject the notion that we cannot criticize players on a board dedicated to scrutinizing every last detail of the Saint Louis Rams. Trying to stifle free speech is absolutely pathetic.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

AlphaRam Guest

This is a message board - you don't have to know anything about someone to post about them.

I hear that AV wrote a book about a true-life experience that was turned into a movie: Weekend At Bernie's".

Those making these comments about Mardy should be ashamed of yourselves. You know NOTHING about the man. Absolutely pathetic ...

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I don't remember seeing any bad comments about Mardy. I remember seeing people criticising him for not being able to pick up the playbook, and as a result not taking advantage of his opportunities. But it's not like he is getting the Drew Bennett treatment

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I know that he doesn't produce... I'm in the Army.
    Just like you were producing like gangbusters halfway theough Basic.

Here's a guy got on the field what, a couple dozen times? He missed OTA's, hurt himself practicng, and therefore missed a ton of reps. There have been a lot of shots at him regarding the playbook, and that's all well and good, (and may hold some water), but the fact remains, you can memorize the playbook all day long, but without the reps, it does no good. And now it turns out his wrist was bad going in.

People also forget the state of our receiving corps when he started getting playing time - both Avery and Clayton were gone. He got thrown to the wolves a bit, my opinion, but I never heard one word of complaint or excuse out of him.

I guess I have a hard time believing someone with the drive and perseverence to do what he did in college all of a sudden gets lazy. While he may not be a quick study, and given his (lack of) academic performance, it's definitely a factor, he still deserves another shot after a full training camp.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Just like you were producing like gangbusters halfway theough Basic.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that comment.. You probably couldn't do what I do anyways.. Fact is Gilyard sucked last year. He will do better this year.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by that comment.. You probably couldn't do what I do anyways.. Fact is Gilyard sucked last year. He will do better this year.
    I meant he had, (through no fault of his own) a few strikes against him going in and did not receive enough training/practice to be fairly evaluated last season. They don't dump soldiers into battle without basic training.
    It wasn't a complicated analogy. It was also not a personal attack, and if you took it that way, my bad.

I probably cannot do whatever it is you do. How are you at Architecture?

EDIT: I just saw your age - make that I DEFINITELY can't do what you do.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Why are we talking about careers? Its pretty much irrelevant unless your career happens to be "Professional Footballer"
    jmk321 likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Actually, I'm more concerned with offending Infiniti than Mardy. If you play in the NFL and you're offended by me then somethings wrong. I hope he turns it around. I'm a fan and was quite excited when we got Mardy. Just was expecting a little more .... The point was simply to pick it up a little. Btw, I own a cleaning service for local businesses and continue to write songs even though rock has been dead for 20 years ....
    Rock aint dead! The kids now adays just don't know how to appreciate good music. If you can do it on a computer, which a few point and click, it aint music.

gap

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I am a college student, but really that doesnt matter because what I do is a non sequitur to this conversation.

What Gilyard does is play football. That is his career and lifelong ambition. So when somebody gets their dream job you would think that they would take some times to learn about their job, like hmm I dont know learn the procedures of said job. He clearly has not done this, not learning the playbook is not accusation that flies around every season at random players which to me says there is at least a little semblance of truth to it. Which means he doesnt take the time to sit down and learn about his career. In response to this apparent lack of ambition I will therefore ridicule him until he shows some desire to learn.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I can give Mardy a pass for last year. Not that that means anything. He sounds like a quality kid. This year will clarify his future with the Rams. I am pulling for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12