-lose NO

***** 7-9
    -beat Arizona
    -lose Denver

Vikings 7-9
    -lose Jets
    -beat GB
    -lose Rams

After the tiebreak procedure with the Falcons, Rams will go in as the 6th seed! :r

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Playoff Scenario

Hope you're right. Looks great to me. Anything can happen, do you believe in MIRACLES?? I do.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

It's hard to believe that the Rams would still have a ghost of a chance to make the playoffs. The scenerio has been laid out, and all the Rams need to do is win the rest of the way. Now I have great reason to continue to stand behind this team.
    After all the drama and letdowns of this season, it's nice to know we still have hope!
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A PLAYOFF SPOT!

:bash: GO RAMS!:r
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I like your attitude. However, do we really want this team in the playoffs? Not the way they've played....

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i think i have a better chance at winning lotto, but it is still nice to have a reason to play hard.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Well, all three of our remaining games are winnable. That scenario doesn't even look that far-fetched, although I'd be amazed if the cards fell just right for us to slip in at 8-8. Stranger things have happened.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i think i have a better chance at winning lotto, but it is still nice to have a reason to play hard.
    Ouch, yet you have a point...

Although it is unlikely, it can still nevertheless, happen.

But, like some other(s) have said previously, do we want this team in the playoffs? I honestly don't think we're a playoff team right now, and it would be a true waste because we don't have the talent on defense like the Steelers had last year to pull them through if they had to. It just wouldn't work...Now if we were a playoff team (like I thought Kansas City was last year) and not get into the playoffs, then I'd be angry...but thats a whole different story.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Keep the faith....
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Ouch, yet you have a point...

Although it is unlikely, it can still nevertheless, happen.

But, like some other(s) have said previously, do we want this team in the playoffs? I honestly don't think we're a playoff team right now, and it would be a true waste because we don't have the talent on defense like the Steelers had last year to pull them through if they had to. It just wouldn't work...Now if we were a playoff team (like I thought Kansas City was last year) and not get into the playoffs, then I'd be angry...but thats a whole different story.
    Varg6,you bring up an interesting thought,is it better to make the playoffs and get smacked around in the first round or not to make them at all thus getting the better draft pick,now keep in mind if we were to make the playoffs this year,it means we are on a 3 game winning streak and quite possibly clicking at the right time.what do you think ?

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think there is a better shot of world peace breaking out than us making the playoffs. Lotto is a good analogy, but it overstates our chances. The odds of us winning three is a row at this point are very very remote given the way we have played. I will say that the research to establish that scenario was terrific and deserves to be complimented.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Varg6,you bring up an interesting thought,is it better to make the playoffs and get smacked around in the first round or not to make them at all thus getting the better draft pick,now keep in mind if we were to make the playoffs this year,it means we are on a 3 game winning streak and quite possibly clicking at the right time.what do you think ?

Yes, that is true, I didn't even think of that. Momentum is one hell of a thing, but like I've said before, I just don't think we have the talent...what I mean is, we don't have the talent to keep the momentum, just look at the Chicago game. 99-yard drive, seconds later, a kick off return for a touchdown, that absolutely kills a team, but for some odd reason, is hurts us more than any team would, for some reason it seems like we give up/get worn out during the second half. It's very bizarre, I just think right now, even if we did get that momentum of getting 3 wins in a row, we'd just have to be a miracle team lol. Pittsburgh was the odd team to win the SB, this is true, but they had a solid defense, solid special teams, and had a good enough offense. We have a GREAT offense still, but our defense lacks. But hey, anything can happen, I mean somehow...we could look like we did in week 1 the rest of the postseason if we got there. But I just don't see it happening because of the lack of motivation/and talent on the defense and special teams, thus making the offense's struggles even more overwhelming. But...WHO KNOWS! I'd love to be wrong, and I hope I am if we do get to the playoffs, but I just don't see it...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I don't think I'm going to be holding my breath on this one...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I really don't see how any Rams fan could want to NOT go to the playoffs. I don't care what our odds are of winning the Superbowl, I want a playoff spot until we're completely out of it. You never know what happens in the playoffs, if you can get there you have to go for it and give it a shot, if you can get there you can win the Superbowl otherwise you can't, it's that simple.

Now when we have no chance of going to the playoffs I can see how you can argue whether we should really try to win or just try out some rookies and get a better draft position. That's a tough choice IMHO. But as long as playoffs are within reach the choice is easy, you have to go for it.

Realistically I know we're not going anywhere this year, but if we got to the playoffs we should all be thrilled no matter how bad the team might be. Remember when we were 8-8 and got to the playoffs and beat the Seahawks in their own place? How awesome was that?! We didn't make the Superbowl, sure, but we did beat the damn Seahawks and knocked them out of the playoffs, that's not too shabby either.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i'd rather see the eagles win today and against the falcons ...

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I don't want this team in the playoffs. I have a steadfast rule I apply to all sports, if you play the entire regular season and you don't have a winning record, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Period.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast