Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Rams Post Game Quotes From The Locker Room

A few quotes from the locker room after the game.

While some may like to dog Pisa, at least he doesn't turn on the fans and takes responsibility. The fact is, Pisa is out of position in this D. HE is a "cover 2" Will linebacker or in the box safety "monster man" position, and when Haslett was hired, he would have been better off to leave as a free agent where they play that D , like the Bears, who have Urlacher in the middle to make the inside secure.

LB Pisa Tinoisamoa

(On how to explain the Rams poor performance)

ďWell, I donít know how to explain it. I felt the energy was there today, just the execution wasnít where it needed to be and Iím a little disappointed about that.Ē

(On whether the Rams have reached the stage of embarrassment)

ďAbsolutely, absolutely. You walk out of the tunnel and get booed by your own crowd and walk back in and be chastised, itís horrible. Itís a bad feeling because Iíve heard the cheers and watched the 1999 film when the crowd was wild. Itís definitely disappointing, but understandable how they feel.Ē

(On whether the Rams actually think and say theyíre bad)

ďYou could, but I mean that would probably be the worst thing to do especially right now because everyone understands whatís going on. Thereís bad things weíre doing, but you canít get in the tank and say weíre a bad team, that would be the worst thing to do right now.Ē

(On why the Rams start slowly)

ďI donít know the answer to that one, I wish I did and then I could probably be the head coach or a better leader on this team. Itís puzzling to see why it happens that way.Ē

Referee Terry McAuley

(On the Rams fake punt)

ďIíll quote the rule. Itís rule reference 8-2-5, note 5 and Iíll read it. ĎWhenever a team presents an apparent punting formation, defensive pass interference is not to be called for action on the end man on the line of scrimmage.í So there cannot be a foul for defensive pass interference for action on the end man on the line of scrimmage in an apparent punt formation.Ē

(On why holding wasnít called)

ďIt was not deemed to be holding. I believe at that point it was just a low hit, so it was not deemed to be a defensive hold. It was deemed to be contact and there is not defensive pass interference.Ē

(On if the contact was considered an attempt to tackle Rams S Eric Bassey)

ďIt was not.Ē

Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injuries)

ďBefore the game even started C Nick Leckey had an ankle during warm ups. He was out from the beginning. QB Marc Bulger had a concussion midway through the first quarter; those were the two major injuries that we had.

I donít know how serious Marc is, I will find out after we run test tomorrow. We will grow from there. I thought he looked good during the second half.Ē

(On teamís performance)

ďI will do anything that I can to help these guys be successful, anything. I put them in situations where they can be successful individually and as a team, but I canít tackle. I canít tackle anymore for them, I canít do it anymore. I canít take care of the football. The other thing is the penalties; special teams had a bunch of penalties that put the offense in a bad position. I donít know if the offense would have scored anyway, as bad as they were playing. When we did get something going on offense, we would get a penalty or a turnover. Those three things I canít help with. We can emphasize it, we can work on it, but if they are going to go out there and hold or they are going to get a pre-snap penalty, I canít help them. I am helpless on the sidelines when it comes to that stuff. I will do anything I can for them, but I canít do those three things. That is what they are paid for. They are paid to tackle, to take care of the football, and play smart with no penalties. I am not throwing it and I am not catching it, I am coaching. I would love to help, but from that standpoint I canít.

Maybe I have to keep playing guys until I find somebody who can do it. We donít hold in practice, we donít try to hold. We donít get pre-snap penalties (in practice), but we get them in the game. Either the focus is not really good, or the execution is not really good, but we will keep working on it.ď

(More on teamís performance)

ďIt had nothing to do with effort today. It had everything to do with execution, tackling, fumbles, turnovers, penalties and pre-snap penalties. That is it; it had nothing to do with effort.

There is not much to work with, you have what you have. I have about 45 guys because about eight are injured, and those are the guys that are playing. We are doing what ever we can do, it is not like we arenít trying to win these games, I can promise you that. I thought the effort was alright. The execution was terrible. The tackling was terrible. You canít get pre-snap penalties; you have to take care of the football.ď

(On the officialís ruling of the attempted fake punt)

ďThere is not pass interference on a fake punt. It wasnít defensive holding. It was a dumb play for the upback to call on fourth-and-15. ď

Barry Waller

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Post Game Quotes From The Locker Room

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    A few quotes from the locker room after the game.

Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On teamís performance)

ďI will do anything that I can to help these guys be successful, anything. I put them in situations where they can be successful individually and as a team, but I canít tackle. I canít tackle anymore for them, I canít do it anymore. I canít take care of the football. The other thing is the penalties; special teams had a bunch of penalties that put the offense in a bad position. I donít know if the offense would have scored anyway, as bad as they were playing. When we did get something going on offense, we would get a penalty or a turnover. Those three things I canít help with. We can emphasize it, we can work on it, but if they are going to go out there and hold or they are going to get a pre-snap penalty, I canít help them. I am helpless on the sidelines when it comes to that stuff. I will do anything I can for them, but I canít do those three things. That is what they are paid for. They are paid to tackle, to take care of the football, and play smart with no penalties. I am not throwing it and I am not catching it, I am coaching. I would love to help, but from that standpoint I canít.

Maybe I have to keep playing guys until I find somebody who can do it. We donít hold in practice, we donít try to hold. We donít get pre-snap penalties (in practice), but we get them in the game. Either the focus is not really good, or the execution is not really good, but we will keep working on it.ď

(More on teamís performance)

ďIt had nothing to do with effort today. It had everything to do with execution, tackling, fumbles, turnovers, penalties and pre-snap penalties. That is it; it had nothing to do with effort.

There is not much to work with, you have what you have. I have about 45 guys because about eight are injured, and those are the guys that are playing. We are doing what ever we can do, it is not like we arenít trying to win these games, I can promise you that. I thought the effort was alright. The execution was terrible. The tackling was terrible. You canít get pre-snap penalties; you have to take care of the football.ď
    Who is Haslett trying to kid. Everything that our team is lacking is a result of a lack of effort whether it be mental or physical.

majorram is offline Registered User

Hey barry nice to hear from you, myself and Rick were thinking about you sat behind that glass shaking your head!!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

bigredman is offline Registered User

Hey Barry, why do you STILL have those mirrors on the ends of your shoes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]