Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tony Soprano Guest

- - - Rams to Pursue Michael Vick! - - -

Rams to Pursue Michael Vick!

"Several people in the NFL told me not to rule out St. Louis as a possible destination for Vick. The Rams might have some ownership issues to deal with before actually signing him, but they have genuine interest. They’ve been doing their due diligence on Vick, and if the Commissioner does reinstate him, look for them to actively pursue him. It makes sense — a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism. "

The Redzone - Best NFL News and Links

Tony Soprano Guest

Re: - - - Rams to Pursue Michael Vick! - - -

I hope not.

Vick is a project at QB - and how long before he becomes arrogant again?

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

It might "make sense" to whoever wrote this, but it sure as heck doesn't to me. New coach, yes. One who believes in character and values etc (sound like Vick to anyone?)..An old QB, sure, and Vick isn't 25 anymore..he's what..30? 31? And he hasn't played in 2 years. The only way this makes sense is if this guy doesn't follow the Rams. Then I get it.

poejoe8 Guest

I was surprised to read this, I hope it isn't true and I hope Vick plays elsewhere.

shower beers is offline Registered User

This is from Rotoworld today, who got it from the National Football Post:

The Rams have "genuine interest" in suspended Falcons QB Michael Vick, according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post.
    "If (commissioner Roger Goodell) reinstates him, look for (the Rams) to actively pursue him," Lombardi writes. "It makes sense, a new coach with an older quarterback (Marc Bulger) who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism." The Rams have denied it and their ownership situation is in flux, but Lombardi says the team has done its due diligence on Vick. With their long-term quarterback situation up in the air, Vick could be a possibility to succeed Bulger.

bigtiger737 Guest

this still just doesn't even sound realistic.. IMO it's the single worst move the rams could make... with them being for sale and everything in the tempo there going this just doesn't even resemble a sort of logic..

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    this still just doesn't even sound realistic.. IMO it's the single worst move the rams could make... with them being for sale and everything in the tempo there going this just doesn't even resemble a sort of logic..
    I agree and if you are still hoping to sell the team to someone local this would be a horrible move.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

lombardi is just bernie on a larger stage.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

all we are saying.......is give vick a chance! welcoming the idea of having michael vick featured in the saint louis rams stagnant offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It makes sense — a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism.
    It makes sense?? Too funny! It makes no sense. Name for me one, just one player who was out of the league for three years that came back and did anything, anything at all. I'll be waiting.....

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    all we are saying.......is give vick a chance! welcoming the idea of having michael vick featured in the saint louis rams stagnant offense.
    You REALLY need to change your avatar.

As for Vick, last time I checked he was in a WCO under Jim Mora in Atlanta. What are we installing here? Same thing. He didn't bode well in an offense that asks the QB to be extremely accurate (He has a career 53.8% completion percentage) and we are basically paying Bulger ten million to take a seat. I am one of Bulger's biggest critics and I acknowledge the need for a QB of the future, but Vick is definitely not that and he would just do more harm than good -- in terms of team chemistry. The only argument you could make for him is that he will be used exclusively for wildcat purposes, but as I mentioned, the negatives greatly outweigh the positives. I can't see this coming true because the four pillars will basically come crumbling down if it did.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -05-31-2009 at 06:25 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

If we 'pursue' Vick, most likely he will be able to escape! Just ... let ... him ... go.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I don't see any sense in this.

QB out of the game for three years being expected to re-surface on a team that emphasises character?

Don't think so.

Never say never but I'd be surprised if Devaney were to pull the trigger on Vick after emphasising character concerns throughout the draft and elsewhere in free agency.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We've been through this - repeatedly - and one thing keeps coming up.

There is no possible way any team will sign Vick in 2009. He's old, out of shape, and no one will trade with Atlanta for a has-been. Even if it did happen, he would not be able to play this season, because of legal obligations.

How much longer do rumors like this have to keep on going before someone realizes that fertilizer has less BS in it than the Vick rumors?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Not going to happen.

The blurb doesn't even make sense. How do "ownership issues" impact whether Vick is signed? The "ownership issues" aren't going to be resolved overnight, or even (in all likelihood) before the start of next season. In the meantime, the current ownership is perfectly capable of signing players - particularly one like Vick, who won't be able to command a long-term commitment from whichever team signs him.

More idiotic blog crappola.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -05-31-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast