Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

  1. #31
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,398
    Rep Power
    72

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I believe the discomfort you feel is due to the fact that you know you can't reasonably argue with my point if you're being honest with yourself.
    Au contraire, mon Ram frere, I've put out all the reasonable arguments possible but you refuse to acknowledge them, never mind countering with anything factual yourself. His physical profile & illustrious college career make for a tantalizing theory but that's all it is; a theory. This guff about your feelings when he's on the field or what Mike claims about what his presence does to defensive strategy is not compelling to me nor, apparently, to Spags. Can't speak for Spags but I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong.


  2. #32
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,724
    Rep Power
    129

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    I find it interesting that a receiver who has shown nothing, with a knee that could explode at any time, was given an active roster spot. Few gave him a chance to make the team and left him for dead, yet here he is. He must have impressed someone.

  3. #33
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I find it interesting that a receiver who has shown nothing, with a knee that could explode at any time, was given an active roster spot. Few gave him a chance to make the team and left him for dead, yet here he is. He must have impressed someone.
    Receivers his size aren't very common, and it's hard to deny he has talent. It's easy to see why the Rams kept him, just like they did last year: He has a great amount of potential, more than any other WR on the roster, and a tremendous amount of heart which bodes well for the locker room. His problem however is clearly his ability to stay on the field. It's unfortunate that he's had so many knee problems, and those might keep him from being that #1 target we need.

    Frankly I'm not upset or suprised he had to take a seat last week. The Rams suggested he have a 6th knee surgery, clearly the knee was problematic, so what's the surprise that they gave him a rest? He might be in next week, he might not. It's easy to say scrap the roster after the game last week, but I also doubt DX would have been able to break free of the shackles of those DBs.

    Admittedly we need better production from our WRs. Maybe DX offers that, maybe he doesn't. As has been repeated many times, it depends on his healty. However we aren't in the training room, we aren't looking at that knee, so we don't know. Maybe it's not at a point where it needs to be on the injury list, but it looks worrisome, beats me, but it's possible.

    P.S. wasn't this thread once about Quinn???

  4. #34
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,724
    Rep Power
    129

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Receivers his size aren't very common, and it's hard to deny he has talent. It's easy to see why the Rams kept him, just like they did last year: He has a great amount of potential, more than any other WR on the roster, and a tremendous amount of heart which bodes well for the locker room. His problem however is clearly his ability to stay on the field. It's unfortunate that he's had so many knee problems, and those might keep him from being that #1 target we need.
    Can't argue with anything there. It seems pretty obvious to me that the Rams see something very special in Alexander's unique potential and abilities, and that despite his injury nightmares, feel he's worth the rather substantial risk.


    Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    P.S. wasn't this thread once about Quinn???
    At one point.

  5. #35
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    I've havn't been looking into this thread since it was about Quinn and how much more "Shocked" he could be from not starting and low and behold it's not about Quinn and now its at 3 pages! lol
    Get on subject or I will lock this thread!

    on a side note DX going to play Monday!!

  6. #36
    JPPDPurQB is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)


  7. #37
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    37

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I've havn't been looking into this thread since it was about Quinn and how much more "Shocked" he could be from not starting and low and behold it's not about Quinn and now its at 3 pages! lol
    Get on subject or I will lock this thread!

    on a side note DX going to play Monday!!
    I think everybody agreed on the Quinn issue, but there are obvious opposers to DX.

    And though Quinn's name appears in the title of the thread, the thread itself was about suprising omissions to the opening day active list. So technically, we are all still on topic.

  8. #38
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,398
    Rep Power
    72

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I think everybody agreed on the Quinn issue, but there are obvious opposers to DX.

    And though Quinn's name appears in the title of the thread, the thread itself was about suprising omissions to the opening day active list. So technically, we are all still on topic.
    Agreed. Nothing off-topic about it. And , I might add somewhat less than modestly, one of the more interesting conversations/debates going on this week. I can't see why anyone would object.

    But now is the time to unite & hope for some Giant butt-kicking.

    Here's to DX, Quinn, Uh-Oh, and the entire squad rockin' MNF.

    Rams Now & Forever
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-19-2011 at 03:12 AM.

  9. #39
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,763
    Rep Power
    57

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Makes me think that the most talented of the bunch would be afforded the opportunity to play whenever he's healthy.
    Depends what you define as talented to be honest. If we are talking about physically gifted, then a healthy DX is probably the most talented.

    But to me, when you talk about a talented wide receiver it's not about how fast he runs or how tall he is, it's how good his route running is, how good his hands are, how good he is at getting open. Jerry Rice was never the fastest. Isaac Bruce never the tallest. But they were talented WRs. You can't say the same about Darrius Heywood-Bey just because he runs fast. Or Matt Jones because he is tall.

    Therefore i do agree with your statement that the most talented Rams WR should be afforded the chance to play if he is healthy. And right now the most talented WR on the roster does play when he is healthy. That's because the most talented is not DX, but Danny Amendola.

  10. #40
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,398
    Rep Power
    72

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Depends what you define as talented to be honest. If we are talking about physically gifted, then a healthy DX is probably the most talented.

    But to me, when you talk about a talented wide receiver it's not about how fast he runs or how tall he is, it's how good his route running is, how good his hands are, how good he is at getting open. Jerry Rice was never the fastest. Isaac Bruce never the tallest. But they were talented WRs. You can't say the same about Darrius Heywood-Bey just because he runs fast. Or Matt Jones because he is tall.

    Therefore i do agree with your statement that the most talented Rams WR should be afforded the chance to play if he is healthy. And right now the most talented WR on the roster does play when he is healthy. That's because the most talented is not DX, but Danny Amendola.
    Oh, man...you are gonna hear it on that one....lol....consider yourself tagged in.

  11. #41
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,348
    Rep Power
    75

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The best post I've seen around here in a while. I feel the exact same way. If you're going to get rid of a guy like Avery to keep DX inactive on game days you have to be on something.

    When healthy DX BY FAR is our best WR. The only one close is Mark Clayton. Amendola is solid in the slot. If we had a #1 and any of our WR's as #2, Danny would be the best slot guy in the NFL.

    When DX is in he makes big plays. He always grabs a catch deep which none of our WR's can do. And I totally agree on the Gibson thought.

    Still the same old guy. Leads us in drops, and doesn't really benefit anything.
    Danario Alexander STL WR 20 306 15.3 38.2 46 1 4 2


    Mark Clayton STL WR 23 306 13.3 61.2 39 2 5



    Last year they both play about the same amount of time Clayton had three more catches then DX. DX avg, 2 yards more per catch. Clayton had two TD DX one. DX had 4 catches for 20 plus yards Clayton had 5. DX had 2 catches for 40 plus yards, Clayton had 0.

    I just don't see a huge difference to say "When healthy DX BY FAR is our best WR". They both are very close in production as Rams and neither has done all that much.

    What is it that you see to say that?

  12. #42
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    17

    re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Will Quinn record a sack on Manning ?

  13. #43
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,398
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Will Quinn record a sack on Manning ?
    That would be a lovely "How do you do", wouldn't it? First sack on MNF. I'd guess the question is more whether his inexperience will leave the barn door open. Wouldn't be surprised to see Spags/Flajole use Hall inside to watch RQ's back/prevent that, rather than just a straight swap. It's a mistake to underestimate how well Eli slides around in the pocket. I'll never forget that SB play when he magically popped out of the scrum & threw that bizarre pass that Tyree (?) caught with his head.

  14. #44
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,724
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Some big plays from both Alexander and Quinn would make for some enjoyable football, and probably translate to the cause of a getting a W. I can't wait.

  15. #45
    cfh128's Avatar
    cfh128 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Rams' Quinn Calls Benching 'A Shocker' (evolution: DX inactive?)

    Hopefully DX is a little more more "dynamic" tonight than he was in the preseason against all the 3rd stringers. Are we all forgetting that it was a shock to most when he made the team over Avery?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Inactive, Jerseys
    By sosa39rams in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -12-26-2010, 08:32 PM
  2. Calvin Johnson inactive for Lions against Rams
    By tomahawk247 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
  3. Learning To Lead: The Evolution Of Steven Jackson
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
  5. Inactive Rams
    By dagenram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -09-12-2006, 10:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •